A&E Reality Star Roy Garber Dies of Heart Attack

'Shipping Wars' Star Dead: Roy Garber

'Shipping Wars' star was one of show's most popular tradesmen

Roy Garber, star of A&E reality series “Shipping Wars,” has died from a heart attack, sources confirm to Variety. He was 49.

Garber owned and operated Arbie’s Team Transport out of New Hampshire, along with his son Travis, and was one of the show’s top earners.

“Shipping Wars” just wrapped its fifth season on Wednesday.

A&E confirmed the news late Saturday evening.

“We are deeply saddened by the loss of a member of the A&E family,” the network said in a statement. “Our thoughts are with Roy’s loved ones during this difficult time.  He will be missed.”

A&E’s website described Garber as a “jack of-all-trades” as well as an avid fisherman and master scuba diver.

“Shipping Wars,”  which debuted to 3 million viewers in Jan. 2012, is produced for A&E by Megalomedia. Jonathan Nowzaradan is exec producer and showrunner.

1. Parker says:

I hope he made it right with God.

2. big steve says:

Roy was Shipping Wars. RIP

3. Dianne Cox says:

So very, very sad. Roy was my favorite, so open and honest, not fake like some of the others. I really don’t know if I will watch the show after it stops airing his episodes.
    My Prayers and Thoughts go out to his whole Family !!!!
    Please know that we will miss him also !!!!

4. Kimber says:

Roy was one of my favorites on Shipping Wars. He was always honest and straightforward, and always knowledgeable. I will miss him.

5. Leighton says:

SAD. We will miss him on the show. hearts go out to him and his family.

6. Debi Rowland says:

Prayers and Peace to Roy’s family during this difficult time. We all felt like we knew Roy because we welcomed him and Shipping Wars into our homes. Please know that Roy brought us joy through his humor and let us escape our mundane lives through his wit. He made the world a better place. “Nickel holding up a dollar!”

7. William Hanks says:

I’m a huge fan of shipping wars. Have been thinking of doing it myself. Roy was my kind of guy. He was the one who got my to want to do it. Our prayers go out to his family

8. Pete says:

A true master at his job, loved his style, will be sadly missed, RIP Roy.

9. Lisa ybarra says:

He was to young…. i will miss his personality and my favorite out of the whole show…May he rest in peace and God bless his family in their lost of a love one.

10. Ric says:

Roy was always my favorite on the show from the start for his outright honesty, but the episode From Sphere to Infinity and Beyond earned him respect from many, RIP Royota.

11. Bob Sturges says:

We loved the show He always had his cat, He will be missed. KIDS DONT SMOKE!!!!

12. Donald E Darnell Jr says:

RIP Roy, love the show. Keep on trucking in heaven.

13. chris says:

One of the best episodes I saw was the one with his son and that girl where and she plays the caretaker of the bunch! The show wont be the same without him but that is not important.. hopefully that little lady is still in his sons life right now cause im sure needs her now and my heart goes out to all impacted by his loss including the cat😞

14. bobwadas says:

I hope he was a better person that what was depicted on the show. He was very unprofessional and rude to customers who did not warrant such nasty treatment.

• Bob says:

He was a great guy off screen. I have affiliations with both A&E and uShip and have been around him many times. We will miss him.

• William Simpson says:

Hey bobwadas more like dumbass, his attitude was called honesty, yes a little rough but you knew how he felt, I personally new Roy a little, and he was who he was like him or not, I respect that

15. Johnny says:

REST IN PEACE ROY —

16. Randal Gaines says:

So very sorry to here about Roy Garber passing, I really enjoy the show and will keep watching the show. He own 2 company’s and did more in his life time then most do all of there life’s, I learned from watching the show and Roy he will be missed,,,,,RIP Roy.

17. Lara says:

awww dam he was a good guy on the show pretty rough around the outside but really knew his business.. my thoughts go out to his family. Gone to early and to soon

18. Shawn says:

So very sad about Roy’s passing!! He made the show what it is!!! He will be missed!! RIP Roy

19. Jack says:

Let Roy be happy in shipping hevan

20. Louise says:

I too feel horrible about the news. His son I’m sure is devastated. I have learned he’s had heart problems in the past and yet he continued to smoke. I’m sure he went out on his own terms, just like he lived his life.

Guess he will harrass all those in heaven with ” nickle holding up a dollar”

21. dee says:

so… what exactly happens to his cat? This is the worst news of 2014!! i’ll miss him :( he was the only person worth watching on shipping wars!

22. mike g says:

i loved watching roy. He told everyone how it was and never backed down. I will miss watching him on my favorite show

23. josh says:

Sry for his passing prayers go out to family (He made the Show rip Roy )

24. Jennifer Brown says:

IM. IN SHOCK. HE WAS SO UNIQUE. HIS WAY. LIVING IT HIS WAY. HE WAS # 1 ON THIS SHOW. WOW BLESSINGS. FOR ALL. R I P.

25. steven williams says:

I really hate that Roy was my favorite one on the show it won’t be the same without him on there…

26. Teresa L. says:

So sad I want to cry. :(

27. Judy says:

So sorry to hear this news, Roy was one that was loved/hated by many. Personally I loved the way he handled himself. His “I’ll get this no matter what the cost” was something I loved to watch and he almost always won the bid he set out to get ! Thank you Roy for all the fun times !

28. Jen says:

He was my absolute favorite on the show and will miss him terribly.

29. Tammie says:

Sorry to hear, I really liked him, no bs just said how it was.

30. pamela stickle says:

My condolences to his family & friends. He was A kool one on shipping war and muffy the cat

31. Teresa Wagner says:

My thoughts are with the family of
    Roy Garber’s. I will say a prayer tonite. I will miss him a lot. He was my favorite him and the puffy cat.

32. MARK says:

ROY, WAS THE BEST ON THE SHOW. MY CONDOLENCES GO OUT TO HIS FAMILY, SHIPPING WARS FRIENDS AND ALL. R.I.P. ROY YOU WILL BE MISSED.

33. swinfield says:

Sorry to hear this. The show won’t be the same without him. My condolences to his family & friends.

34. JWS says:

I don’t know whether to believe this or not.

• Bob says:

Confirmed by uShip, too

• MARK says:

IT IT JENN PUT IT ON TWITTER

• Cyndi Palmer says:

I was totally shocked. I had Shipping Wars recorded and watched it today. At the last show I hit ok to delete and it had in memory of Roy Garber. I had to play that last piece back. I had sat through how many episodes before I knew Roy was gone? He really made me laugh. So did the others, but not like Roy did. He will be missed. God Bless Travis. I hope Muffy gets the love she got from Roy.

A ” nickle holding up a dollar ”
        you will be missed more than you know.
        Blessings to the family