ABC Extends Re-Do of ‘The View’ From Hosts to Set

Whoopi Goldberg reality show
Dave Kotinsky/Getty Images

NBC’s “Today” has its “Orange Room,” and ABC’s “Good Morning America” has its “Social Square.” Now “The View” is getting similar treatment.

ABC said the late-morning talk show would add an “on camera social media station” when its season debuts Sept. 15, part of a near-wholesale makeover taking place at the show in the wake of the departure of its co-creator, Barbara Walters. While longtime host Whoopi Goldberg remains, the network has opted to remake the rest of the panel, with Rosie O’Donnell returning to the show to create a “chemistry” the network said will be “both electric and undeniable.”

As part of the proceedings, the show will get a new studio and set, and the show will have a different color scheme and logo — the first time it will have a significantly updated branding mark since it launched in 1997.

The network declined to name the panelists who would join Goldberg and O’Donnell, saying only, “Stay tuned.”

1. The first week of “The View”, and its horrible. The set is bad and so are the co-hosts. I love Whoopi, but the rest have no personality. Am wondering how long this program can last. Wish ABC would bring back “All My Children”.

2. Mark says:

Angry old women.

3. Unity Mitford says:

Only the recliner set watches TV live or this collection of redundant women.

4. Julie smith says:

I find Rosie odonnel extremely offensive and won,t be watching

5. Kathy says:

I am looking forward to watching The View. I can’t wait for Monday!

6. evie says:

Looking forward to the new season

7. Toure Cannon says:

ABC TV better wake up before we pull the plug on some of the new shows as well as some of the veteran ones! I do not watch anything on ABC TV since the cancellation of All My Children and One Life to Live! Hell, I don’t watch anything ABCTV primetime either! Its stupid as shit! we get Katie Couric cancelled and we sure as hell can get the spew cancelled as well! I barely watch live with Kelly and Michael and I will not watch anything on that channel until All My Children and One Life to Live come back I am still boycotting!

8. Stopped watching anything on ABC except for General Hospital when ABC cancelled AMC and OLTL. Doesn’t matter what they do to the view to change it who is on the View as long as ABC refuses to put AMC OLTL back on I won’t be watching. Before the soaps were canceled ABC was my go to channel from the morning into the evening. No longer a loyal viewer.

9. Susan English says:

Won’t be watching unless ABC returns All My Children and One Life to Live to our tv screens! I want a mix of talk and drama on a Daytime. Have boycotted all but GH since 2011 and will continue until ABC sees the errors of its ways. 3 million of my friends will be boycotting the newly revamped The View!

10. Pam Duy says:

Wouldn’t / won’t go back to the station that removed my shows. I used to put ABC on in the morning almost never changed it. Now I see commercials for shows I would have loved and been loyal to.

11. Melody says:

I have never watched this program & never intend to do that. My shows are All My Children & One Life To Live!!!! I stopped watching ABC when they were taken off the air! Please return them!!

12. Pam McDonald says:

Won’t make any difference. ABC stubbornly believes what former exec Brian Frons believed: that their anchors of Daytime are/were The View and Oprah. Wrong. It has always been All My Children, One Life To Live, and General Hospital. Without those three meats, you can use whatever flavor bread you want–we’re still not eating the sandwich! 3+ million loyal soap fans are boycotting ALL of ABC’s programming (including primetime; with the lone exception of GH) until they settle the lawsuit with Prospect Park and bring AMC & OLTL back to their daily line-up. That’s why they’re in last place among the major networks. Do the math. Until AMC & OLTL return, they’re toast. Disney is also boycotted in my home.

13. Xanna Don't says:

14. Dolores says:

They changed the background a few times before. With both Whoopi and Rosie on there it will be hard for anyone to have an opinion. It will be hard to be hear anyone else, I will not be tuning in that’s for sure. I only turned it on once in awhile this last year, because it got so dumbed down between Jenny and Sherri. Unfortunately I happened to turn it on one day when Barbara was talking about using a vibrator, which I felt was too much too much information. I don’t think this show will have long on the air before it axed no matter who they add to the panel.

15. Celso Martinez says:

The View needs someone like Lisa Guerrero to represent the Latinos. Lisa would do very well with Rosie O

16. Trizone says:

No matter what you do to revive this show, the writing is on the wall. If the viewer is expecting to be entertained, this is not the show. With Whoopi and Rosie and he “take no prisoners” attitude, the contention will wear the viewer out. Who wants that.

17. krazeadmin says:

Reblogged this on MediaKraze and commented:
    The NEW VIEW Coming soon….

18. lilk says:

the set changed in 2006 when Ro joined. it went from orange to blue.

or do you mean the actual V logo in back of the hosts and ont he corner of our tv screens is going o change ?