Attention Emmy voters: You will learn to love electronic voting. This is the first year the TV Academy has introduced online voting for nominations — borrowing a page from the motion picture academy, which used the system to great success for the Oscars. The TV Academy is confident it’s the most secure system available —and Variety is confident this how-to chart will make it easy. If you have questions, the Academy has set up a call center June 9-20 during its first round of voting: (855) 845-9201. You can also email email@example.com or look for answers at TelevisionAcademy.com/online-voting. And while electronic voting will be used for nominations, final voting will still be on paper for everyone this year.
BEFORE YOU START:
- Make sure your dues are paid.
- Know your existing user name and password (if you need help, go to TelevisionAcademy.com/members).
- Make sure the Academy has your current email address or mobile phone number. This is important.
TO CAST YOUR VOTE (BETWEEN 6/9-6/20):
- Go to vote.TelevisionAcademy.com.
- Enter your user name and password. Hit “Continue.”
- If your user name and password are correct, you will see the Send Verification Code screen.
- Choose how you want to receive your verification code: email, text message, or voicecall. Hit “Continue.”
- You will get a six-digit security code via your chosen delivery method. Input that code on the Enter Verification Code screen and hit “Continue.”
- You are in! You will see a welcome screen, with some instructions. Hit “Start Voting.”
- You should now see the categories you can vote in.
- Select a category to vote in.
- Make your voting selections by checking the boxes next to the entry you wish to vote for. When done making your selections, hit “Review.”
- When finished reviewing, hit “Submit.”
- You will return to the main category screen where you can select another category to vote in.
A few other things to know:
- Once you vote in a category and hit “Submit,” you can’t change your vote.
- You will vote in multiple categories, but you don’t have to enter all your votes at once.
- You can log out after finishing a category and return another time.