Hacienda Cantina and Beach Club Cools Down Palm Springs

Hacienda Cantina and Beach Club Cools

Palm Springs’ just-opened Hacienda Cantina and Beach Club is inspired by hotels that feature deejays by the pool, for swimming and grooving. But the twist here is that there’s no hotel or deejay — just a pool, cabanas, lounge and restaurant. Goldenvoice’s electronic music division, LED, programs the beats, and guests can swim, play bocce ball or sip cocktails near the fire pits and fountains, or rent a private event space during, say, Coachella or the Palm Springs Film Festival.

Eat: The chef hails from Santa Fe, so expect dishes like sea bass Veracruzana, chipotle pomegranate guacamole and duck confit tacos

Drink: 75 varieties of tequila help guests beat the 100-degree-plus summer heat. Sip a tequila-based cocktail like the South x Southwest, with lemon, Moscato d’Asti, bitters and rosemary, or a tangerine-mint margarita.

1. Tommy Birk says:

Gerry is the best operator in the valley. The Hacienda will be a “must go to place” for those of us in Hollywood!

2. ivy says:

I live in Palm Springs, ca. Today was my first visit to the Hacienda Beach Club here. I loved the service, the idea of catering to the locals, the staff, the beautiful cabanas and music, drinks poolside! Where else can you go for a pool with no one under 21…? Relaxing and fun! The pool water was a little on the warm side, but when the temperature is 110 some days I still found it refreshing. I didn’t get to eat, but I did go through the restaurant to see it. All and all, I had a great time, great friendly staff and the bartenders rocked…..Thank you Randy.

Ivy Fitzgerald

3. Kay Fry says:

I live very close to La Hacienda Cantina. The menu is not for me at all. Everyone seems to love their huge array of cocktails. I don’t know the rules of using the pool area. As a life long resident of Palm Springs, I wish them well but I’m not sure the menu is going to work out. Very strange like “bone marrow” listed on the menu. None of the entrees are made traditionally & don’t sound appealing.

4. Sam says:

too bad the food sucks

5. LS says:

Who said there wasn’t a DJ? That’s the whole thing, they’re having summer pool parties.

6. HC says:

Variety, there is a DJ. I was here opening weekend. I wish them all the best.

More Scene News from Variety