HBO to Air Beyonce and Jay Z’s ‘On the Run’ Tour Concert in September

HBO Air Beyonce and Jay Z's
Kevin Mazur/WireImage

HBO will premiere “On the Run Tour: Beyonce and Jay Z” — featuring the stars in their first collaborative tour — in September, the network announced Thursday at the Television Critics Assn. summer press tour.

The special will tape Sept. 12 and 13 at Stade de France in Paris on the only international leg of the married couple’s current tour, with the musicians performing over 40 songs during the lineup.

“This is a major musical event that belongs on HBO,” said HBO programming president Michael Lombardo. “It’s going to be a night to remember.”

Beyonce is featured on HBO’s “Beyonce: X10,” a 10-episode series of concert performances. Jay Z’s “Picasso Baby: A Performance Art Film” premiered on HBO in August.

Seventeen-time Grammy winner Beyonce and 19-time Grammy winner Jay Z have collaborated on a number of songs, including “Crazy in Love” and “Drunk in Love,” and have appeared as special guests on each other’s tours, but “On the Run Tour: Beyonce and Jay Z” is their first joint tour. It covers 19 stadiums in the U.S. and two stadium shows in Paris.

Marketplace

1. Sassy says:

I just find it so funny that with all the negativity B still sell out shows. Tickets 200 to 1000 bucks and her fans drop that money like its nothing. I don’t expect for her to be a role model for women or my daughters. I expect for her to perform her music to the best of her ability. If you like it go see it or download the music. If you don’ t, then all you have to do is stop following her and follow an artist you like. No one is force feeding her on you. I

2. kimberly says:

Please make these tickets afordable the fans want to see you concert and if you need someone to take care of that baby girl imyour care giver take care and be blessed and safe

3. Annie Keady says:

Looking forward to that

4. Annie Keady says:

Looking forward to thay

5. lisa says:

I can’t wait. …. seen them when they was at Philadelphia. … luv it

6. Daf says:

So I guess toronto canada isn’t considered international anymore. Great fact checking guys.

7. I’m super excited to see the mini special on HBO Sunday night’s at 7:55pm Houston time and definitely looking forward to September for the On the Run tour taping :) :) Thank you HBO

8. Such a superficial fame with these two. Does anyone care what they have to say? Surfboard? Is that the extent of what we can expect from you two? Compared to the artistry of Madonna, or even Gaga, who’s been lost in her self adulation and silly monster crap, when can we stop pretending Beyonce is so great?

• I agree that they are both gifted performers, but they are by no means ‘role models.’ I love this article because it actually calls them out on some of the things that media tend not to address. I love the perspective… http://www.thebrewonline.com/using-101-beyonce-and-jay-z

• Jamie says:

No, we can continue to understand and believe that Beyoncé is great because it’s true. She is hands down one of the best performers to grace this earth and works her arse off in every aspect of her career. Just because you don’t care for her music, doesn’t mean that you should demean her talent.

• Smmmoke says:

@ Randall Starr Stinson
          I’m not a big fan of Beyonce outside of me thinking she’s very attractive and a great performer as you’ve mentioned. Still I didn’t really get the Garfield skit about her because I’ve vehemently stated for years that she isn’t all that great and I’ve never gotten as much as one overly negative reaction from anyone. Not one. Half of the people that I’ve said this around have even agreed with me along with neither is/was Madonna, Gaga, or some of these other mega-stars in the mainstream.
          Now if a person says something like ‘I don’t support the troops’ (which I don’t btw although I do support the veterans) then I could relate to Garfield’s video.

• I haven’t heard any points to her artistry, you just like her music and performing. That’s fine, I hate it. But I never said she wasn’t a gifted performer. But the way she’s become the artist of our age is honestly a joke. Her, Z’s closeness with Obama and “being political” but never opening their mouths because they know some stuttering crap would come out and ruin their “smart” image. But the media has made her Madonna, Angelina Jolie, and Jane Fonda all in one, and you can’t deny her bloated worship is downright out of hand. One day she’ll get respect? Are you kidding me? Did you not see the vein of truth and unforgiving sarcasm in the Andrew Garfield SNL sketch about her?

• me. says:

One day Beyoncé will get the respect she deserves. I am truly baffled by comments that belittle her talent and artistry. People love to hate her but she definitely deserves to be respected for her talent and work ethic.

More Music News from Variety