‘Pushing Daisies’ Might Become a Broadway Musical

pushing-daisies-musical

The short-lived ABC series “Pushing Daisies” could be resurrected from the dead — in the form of a musical.

Bryan Fuller, the show’s creator, told E! News that he has been in talks with Warner Bros. and director Barry Sonnenfeld about potentially reviving the ABC series about a pie maker who can bring people back to life as either a movie or a Broadway musical starring, fittingly, “Pushing Daisies” alum and Tony Award-winner Kristin Chenoweth.

“There’s a couple of format options,” Fuller told E! News. “Barry said to me, ‘I have some ideas on how we could pull this off!’  I would love to do a musical, and I also would love to do a movie [as opposed to a Netflix run], because you have higher impact and it also has an iconography.”

“Pushing Daisies” isn’t the only defunct TV series mulling a Broadway continuation. In 2012 “Scrubs” creator Bill Lawrence talked up an idea he had for a Main Stem musical, and he recently told Entertainment Weekly that the project remains in development.

As for “Pushing Daisies,” Fuller currently has his hands full with his show “Hannibal,” which makes its return Feb. 28 on NBC.

1. Avery says:

I would love to see this show brought back from the grave! And as a die hard musical theater fan, the idea of the show coming back via Broadway sounds amazing! I’ll even fly out to New York just to catch the show!:D

2. Dee West says:

The show was awesome with its extremely fast dialogue, visual richness, and outstanding acting. Plus you could watch it with your mom and not be embarrassed…and really, does anyone top a song by Kristin Chenoweth?

3. bamabee13 says:

Reblogged this on Bama Bee and commented:
    OH MY GOSH!!!

4. Chris says:

Some of the best written episodes of any show on tv. When you think you know who did it, they turn on you and totally blow your mind away. So glad we were able to buy all the episodes on dvd.

5. Ashley Hough says:

I loved the show so much and it completely saddened me when they cut it. I would love for them to bring the show back. I promise to faithfully watch it again. oh pleas oh please

6. Christee says:

OMG! I hope this happens, I loved the show and I adore Kristin Chenoweth.

7. I LOVED this show…even showed it to my kids this past year…we all love the Pie Maker. and Olive.

8. carla says:

Such a great show!
    Clean and funny. What a concept!

9. Colette says:

SARAH YOU SAID ALL THE WORDS I WAS THINKING.

10. Sarah says:

I HOPE LEE PACE COMES BACK!!!!!!! AND CHI MCBRIDE

11. I would move to New York and go see every daggone show. I miss this show so much. It is by far and away my favorite show there ever was. So clever, joyous, fun, and adorable. I want it back. Please please move this past the “idea phase”! I’d happily take a Netflix season as well! :-)

More Legit News from Variety