Woody Allen’s Adopted Son Defends Him Against Molestation Allegations

Woody Allen Creative Wall

Moses Farrow does not believe the molestation claims made by his sister Dylan against their adopted father, Woody Allen, telling People magazine, “Of course Woody did not molest my sister.”

Dylan Farrow penned an open letter published by the New York Times that detailed her claims against Allen.

But Moses believes his mother, Mia Farrow, played a role in Dylan’s story. He tells People, “My mother drummed it into me to hate my father for tearing apart the family and sexually molesting my sister. And I hated him for her for years. I see now that this was a vengeful way to pay him back for falling in love with Soon-Yi.”

Moses, who is estranged from most of his family (but is close to Allen and Soon-Yi), explains, “The day in question, there were six or seven of us in the house. We were all in public rooms and no one, not my father or sister, was off in any private spaces. My mother was conveniently out shopping. I don’t know if my sister really believes she was molested or is trying to please her mother. Pleasing my mother was very powerful motivation because to be on her wrong side was horrible.”

Dylan responded to Moses’ accusations, telling the mag, “This is such a betrayal to me and my whole family . My memories are the truth and they are mine and I will live with that for the rest of my life … My mother never coached me. She never planted false memories in my brain. My memories are mine.”

1. Brad Donald says:

http://www.vanityfair.com/online/daily/2014/02/woody-allen-sex-abuse-10-facts here this will clear up some things. Also it shows that Moses is most likely a tool being paid to support his dad I bet.

2. Jon Raymond says:

I wish Woody would sue the thousands of people out there who libel his name. Libel is illegal. Disregard of law and government due process is anti-American. If you try this case in the media you operate above the law and have no respect for American ideals or law. Not that anyone does anymore, including everyone in government.

3. depotnator says:

When I read some of the comments by posters, I can almost guess which posters were abused themselves. Their rage is undeniable and over the top for a matter that took place 20 years ago. The mere discussion is picking at an old scab. There is no closure by expressing rage on the internet.

4. Lori says:

Nobody knows what really happened between Woody and Dylan but Woody and Dylan. Whether it is true or false, everyone else’s comments are just their opinions and should probably be kept to themselves. It is obvious that Dylan does not like her father and believes that he did something to her, and it is obvious that Moses is on his father’s side and is choosing to defend him. Since no charges were ever filed after an investigation, this matter should probably be left to die. Dylan should seek professional help and try to heal herself instead of stirring up more negative publicity for all of them. Frankly, it’s their private business, and most of us have already formed our own opinions about Woody Allen and his questionable behavior with his step daughter. Regardless of what he may have done to Dylan, what he and Soon-Yi did to Mia (and their family) was horrendous enough and I will never be able to watch one of his films again without thinking about what an ass he is.

• Jon Raymond says:

Woody and Dylan don’t know either. Can anyone clearly remember what happened on a specific day years in the past? You say it’s private to them and yet you make a libelous statement about him and Soon-Yi. It was horrendous to you. But that is a private matter as well.

5. Didn’t Mia Farrow claim that Ronan was Frank Sinatra’s child recently? Obviously, there is something wrong…..

6. Grace says:

Which ever story is the truth, to try Allen in the press is wrong. Mia, at the time, should have insisted on a trial, further investigation, or ban of Allen from the family or home. She continued to take his money, jobs, and now is allowing this YEARS after the fact, to be played out in the public forum.

Her years of therapy have allowed her to marry and have a life away from Allen. It seems that the family laundry is being aired for the amusement of many, but only has potential to harm the family (screwed up as it is,) dynamic. It’s almost as if Ronan is using this as a platform for his new show, for his career, nothing good is going to come out of the rehash of Dylan’s memories. Planted or real.

This is revenge, pure and simple.

• Mary D. says:

7. PS says:

Well, if Farrow planted false memories in Dylan’s brain, she wouldn’t know. Either way, what a sordid family.

• john says:

So you think a young girl would not know if she were sexually abused by her “father” and, as an adult, not be able to distinguish what she may have been told as opposed to what was done physically to her? Really? Have a hard time with that.

• jim says:

I’m sorry but why do are you all glossing over the fact that there is evidence of Allen being the troubled and warped character here, for God’s sake he’s married to his ex wife’s adoptive daughter so he watched this little girl grow up and then at what age we don’t know decided yup that’s an attractive mate for me…nope nothing sick about that at all totally normal. It must be the rest of the family trying to please their mother no real rage or sense of betrayal there. None at all.

• It’s not unheard of, actually. The girl was SEVEN, a small child, scared to death and obviously traumatized by her family falling apart. Look up False Memory Syndrome. Memory is a very tricky substance, and a lot more complex than people seem to understand.