Watch One of Philip Seymour Hoffman’s Final Interviews (VIDEO)

"God's Pocket" Philip Seymour Hoffman

Philip Seymour Hoffman, who died Sunday of an apparent drug overdose, recently sat down with Variety at the Sundance Film Festival to promote his new film “God’s Pocket,” opposite “Mad Men” duo Christina Hendricks and John Slattery.

Sponsored by:

1. moe says:

I am so sorry that this had to happen to such a great actor. I am overwhelmed as I was talking to a friend of mine about his performance on truman capote another favorite of mine. There are hardly any great actors left. My heart and sympathy goes to his children.

2. Debbie Cathers says:

I was very saddened to hear of Philip Seymour Hoffman’s passing. I would like to extend my condolences to the family.

3. laura Bong says:

I feel so sad about him overdosing. Addiction is a progressive disease. After 23 years of sobriety he picked up and died a year later.. so upsetting. I have no way of knowing who was around him but he should have never only done 10 days of rehab and gone straight back to work on location. He knew better than to do that. So sad. RIP a wonderful actor.

4. I suppose he could have been diabetic & the needle was subcutaneous & not intravenous. Goes to show how no amount of success and accomplishment can fill the void left by a drug you loved and gave up.

5. Lynne David says:

I was so sadden to read about Philip’s very untimely death! What a great actor he was. He will will be missed by many. gone, but NEVER FORGOTTEN !

6. Nanny Mo says:

Drugs do kill. How many talented men and women does this make? Very sad.

7. His works will never be forgotten he will be greatly missed.

8. Elvis says:

Unbelievable sad. Cant believe how sad this is.