Watch Johnny Depp’s Bizarre Speech at the Hollywood Awards

Johnny Depp Drunk Speech Video: Hollywood

Johnny Depp looked a lot like Jack Sparrow at the Hollywood Film Awards on Friday night.

The actor, there to honor Shep Gordon, was barely able to stand up straight as he stammered through his speech to award Gordon, the subject of Mike Myers’ new documentary, “Supermensch: The Legend of Shep Gordon.”

“It’s just one of those nights,” he said before CBS appeared to cut him off.

Backstage, Myers called Depp’s expletive-laden introduction “very rock n’ roll.”

Twitter users, meanwhile, thought the actor was simply “wasted.”

Watch the video below:

1. nuus maan says:

He still has the ersatz accent. We have a Jack Russell terrier and her drunk Depp impression is dead on.

2. practical says:

Agreed.

3. gbaer says:

Last comment I’m going to make here. Johnny was messed up on drugs or alcohol or both. He knew these awards were going to be live and televised. He just didn’t give a shit. About the show, about himself, Shep Gordon or any of his fans watching the show. He might be rich but he truly is an unhappy and lost soul. May God bless him and keep him. Only Johnny and God know what he needs……..

• JK says:

Why are you talking as if you actually know the man personally? He is a very respectful man towards everyone, he would not have went there to present in spite of his incredible shyness if he didn’t give a shit about his friend Shep Gordon. He was drunk and he couldn’t read the teleprompter because it had problems, that was it. He is a very happy man. He’s not a lost soul.

• gbaer says:

So your asking me if I know him personally but your comment speaks as if you know him personally. He’s a drunk, druggie, and when it shows he claims shyness. Don’t be stupid. Wake up and smell the weed…….Lost soul, too much money and fame for his own good. Now let’s put this to rest…

• Deann Merchant says:

AMEN to that Brother!!! Now, can we put this puppy to bed people??? LOL

4. These people dont even have the whole story. They were talking about it on the view one of the ladies was there and saw him and the teleprompter kept messing up. That’s why he kept fumbling around. because he couldn’t think of what to say. He also was trying to improvise to buy some time for them to fix it. later towards the end of the speech the prompter finally got caught up again but skipped a lot and that’s why you can hear him say “there we go. That’s right” toward the end, because it finally caught up. And for the slurring, thats what he does when he’s nervous, he’s always been known to get extremely shy and uncomfortable when giving awards ect. and with the teleprompter not working that only made it worse.Please people, find out the facts and dont be so quick to judge.

• gbaer says:

Johnny may have had teleprompter problems but perhaps if his 2 feet were on the ground he could of made it thru. Come on, he was surprised to see a microphone in front of him on stage! AND Shep Gordon was holding him up and Mike Myers was speaking. And where was Johnny when they were all backstage taking pictures? All the presenters took pictures with the award winner back stage. Johnny wasn’t there…….or did he need a teleprompter for that too.

5. Richard says:

Johnny Depp ********* Better than ever!! Top Talent, Game Man.

6. Mc Jeanette says:

Johnny Depp is my favourite actor. He has done great movies, like Alice in Wonderland, and much more. My late husband also enjoyed Johnny Depp’s acting. We have no right to judge anyone,
    As for the people who have made remarks about his appearing on stage drunk, well, my Bible tells me, Judge no one, for as you judge others, you will be judged the same way.Your words of criticism about Johnny Depp mean nothing o me,
    He is my favourite actor and that is that.

I pray for you all, that my Lord Jesus will have mercy on you, grant you His grace.
    Have a great day.

7. practical says:

Yeah! Not only am I rich and famous too, and I’ve just been nominated for an award for being the most sober, articulate presenter in any awards show ever. So watch me on that. Network prime time bitches.

8. Michael Burgess says:

Its really sad when a man can’t hold his drugs.

9. Tyson says:

I Read most of comments and think some of you people need get a life. These people whom most of you and the country/world worship, make more money in a day than some make in a lifetime. Your comments opinions mean absolute jack shit to us, the rich and famous. We could care less about what are peers and the entire pubic think. Johnny was tanked, which is the way he wanted to be. If you think your opinion matters….think again! If you want to waste your time get back on facebook!

10. honeychild says:

Poor Johnny!! I agree that he’s shy and just did what he had to do. Maybe he needs better handlers.

11. If he disrespects his friend like that, who needs an enemy? Johnny Depp – major slip, thumbs down :(

• JK says:

He didn’t disrespect anyone. His friend was pleased and laughing and said it was very rock n roll and appropriate.

• JM in San Diego CA says:

My previous reply was not directed to you. It was meant for one of Depp’s defenders and I got it in the wrong place. Sorry.

• JM in San Diego CA says:

What you say is only partially correct. You omitted the fact that if he appears as a presenter ever again, EVERYBODY will be reminded of his off-kilter behavior last Friday!

12. Drunk as a skunk…Shep Gordon deserves so much more respect! JD made a total fool out of himself.

13. Paul Davis says:

I’m sure there was no disrespect intended but I think he’s got courage….these shows are all so superficial anyway so why not get pissed….good on you Johnny

14. Windspirit says:

He is shy and we all know that. I don’t think he wanted to do it in the first place. I worry for him.

• Let’s have no crap about shyness. The man has struggled mightily to maximize his fame, his visibilty and his fortune. If he doesn’t know which drink needs to be his last, it’s a separate issue, distinct from all others.

15. Kyy says:

The way some of you run on like you’re angels, you can’t tell me you’ve never got drunk!

• JM in San Diego CA says:

I’ve been very drunk and I’ve been on television about a dozen times. I never mixed the two — or ever thought I needed to. Improve yourself by learning to condemn bad behavior.

• practical says:

interesting. however, I believe it might be possible to improve yourself by focusing on your own behavior. what anyone else does might just have nothing at all to do with you.

16. gregk9 says:

Party down, Johnny!!! Hey, at least he didn’t drop the award statue.

17. C. R. Mc coy says:

I love the guy! I wish he could of been the awesome actor that he usually is instead of a aging drunk!
    Sorry but that’s what it looked like. Maybe he was acting and we just don’t get it!!!

18. Melissa says:

So may oppinions and judgements, It WAS a time for celebration! Good Lord! Keep your negetivity to yourselves!

19. Matt Britt says:

He sounded stoned to me.

20. Sara Kirk says:

Big deal. All the self righteous people who hate on Johnny should look at themselves in the mirror. He’s shy, he may be depressed- give him a break. He’s got tons of talent and has done a lot more in his life than you couch potatoes sitting there in judgement.

• kathi says:

He’s laughing all the way to the bank. Don’t need UR assistance or shpport

• Shawn says:

Exactly. People who say they would never fault in this area may not but they forget, everyone has their own weakness. some people’s strength are other people’s weakness. Any considerate person would be able to discern that he was feeling pretty shy. I’m sure he wasn’t planning on getting trashed but sometimes anxiety kicks in and you got to do what you got to do. Everyone on these forums are so self righteous it makes me want to stick my finger down my throat and hurl. Get a life people. to the measure you judge others you yourself will be judged. If you exploit someone elses weakness God will surely exploit yours. Cause what comes around always goes around.

21. What a good actor. Got most of you fooled anyway.

22. Sarah Brockwell says:

Drunk as a skunk. What a shame to go on to make a speech in that state.

23. To be honest.. If I was at an award ceremony with all that free booze, I think I’d have done a worse job. Well done Depp!

24. Valerie Barbier says:

He was drunk, obviously (not really under drugs) and it`s a shame, I like the guy, he`s a good actor but he`s simply bored in his life! when you get everything in life, you have no reason to get out of your bed every day!

25. Kip Zep says:

Slurring his words and wavering around. Yep, wasted. When you’re guaranteed 20 million per film, you think you’re invincible and immortal.

26. Nothing New says:

It’s any wonder he didn’t piss himself. Hollywood sucks and the whole money & drug grubbing lot of managers and actors, they’re all a bunch of dressed up monkeys and classless twits.

27. What’s so Bizarre about Johnny Depp’s speech ?, It’s not as though he fell off the stage or was dribbling at the mouth or something like that . Mr Depp was a little tipsy maybe ?, So what if he was .. Is he not allowed to have a drink now at a social event ? . After all its not as though he makes a habit of being as some might call it “Wasted ” when making public appearances. Whether He was drunk or not or just pretending to be he wasn’t offensive , did the presenting job well ,and I’m sure brought a smile to a few serious faces .. Give the guy a break . Miss Anne Martin

28. Depp was pushing the stereotype of the wasted actor and came off looking desperate and pathetic. People always point to Foster Brooks as an example of a good on-stage drunk, but I say Francis Bavier (Aunt Bee) was the best. When people are drunk, they are trying not to appear drunk. Johnny Depp wasn’t funny and the audience didn’t appreciate him upstaging Shep with his antics.

• JK says:

How exactly did he look “desperate” and “pathetic” ??? He was drunk and couldn’t read because there was a problem with the teleprompter. Johnny Depp was funny and the audience were laughing. How do you know they didn’t “appreciate him upstaging Shep with his antics.” ??? Were you in their minds? He did not mean to upstage anyone. It’s not his problem that the focus is always on him.

29. zonable says:

Drugs and booze will do that, Johnny. Time’s up, dude!

30. Dylan says:

Depp is a fan of the old comedian Foster Brooks, whose act was to pretend to be drunk, maybe he was in character to avoid being himself… and doing the thing he doesn’t like doing, or isn’t very good at.

31. mariee says:

But Johnny and all the Movie Stars are right about Obama…right? They know more about what’s good for us like Obamacare… right???? They are smarter then us, we a re stupid, just ask Obama and Gruber! Just ignore this story, the Movie Stars will tell us what to do next.

32. Charlie says:

They had an open bar at the awards then I assume

33. Carmela Gagliardi says:

I think he might have done a bit of weed, but he’s not comfortable doing anything in public!!

34. Ta Land says:

there is no such thing as bad publicity; even some bit part actor in a lame Netflix show will tell you that. Except of course the type Bill Cosby is getting right now.

35. Rich Poorman says:

Drunk? Looked more like downers or smack to me. That raspy voice, scratching . . . anyone see film of the last few weeks of Philip Seymour Hoffman’s life?

36. lunajune says:

first off… Johnny doesn’t do these things well, he knows he doesn’t , we know he doesn’t , who cares if he was drunk, his friend receiving it didn’t

• gbaer says:

Don’t be stupid and exuse his drug use……He doesn’t act unless he gets paid!

• gbaer says:

Response to JK. Because there was a picture of him and his friend walking Johnnys LA property and johnny was smoking from a small bong….. Hense, the smoking of drugs….Unless you want to say he was carrying the fresh aroma of incense with him!

• JK says:

His drug use? How do you know he’s doing drugs???? He was obviously just drunk. Like everyone else in the room.

• nigel says:

Still in character
      as Jack sparrow.

37. bvikay says:

Dannigirl pretty well sums up the entertainment world of make believe. Joesph Stalin would love them as members of the prolitariet. Disgusting. Most are buddies of our dear leader in the WH.

38. Dannigirl says:

It’s a documentary about a rich hollywood elitist and he is getting an award from another rich hollywood elitist. They all get dressed up in expensive clothes so they can faux laugh at each other, while secretly hating each other. Pedophiles, drug users and murderers make up Hollywood. They poison people that aspire to be part of their trade and use their industry to try and influence the country with their sick agendas and political views. Of course Depp was drunk who could stand in front of a crowd of people like that straight.

• practical says:

At least he wasn’t a sanctimonious message board troll, spewing uninformed judgement. Because that would really suck.

39. Morphy Smith says:

Depp plays himself in every movie. he just uses a different name and outfit.

• JK says:

That’s funny because all of his characters are literally nothing like him. Why don’t you actually watch his movies before talking?

40. aubreyfarmer says:

Alcohol and Xanex.

41. Yaspar Kyashred says:

Yawn. Hollywood is so boring and predictable. Being drunk and/or stoned was rubbed into the ground about 1975.

42. Dinah Khollman says:

What’s the big deal?? So what he had a few drinks!leave the guy alone,he didn’t hurt anyone.Johhny Depp is a good person,maybe something was bothering him,or maybe he just didn’t feel good.pick on someone else.

• JM in San Diego CA says:

Whom did you excuse for being drunk at your events, like your wedding, your son’s graduation, your Mom’s funeral? You’re entirely too tolerant when somebody else is being shown disrespect by a drunk. He was wrong and so are you.

I have enough association with drunkenness to lecture you. Next April will be the 50th anniversary of my father’s death. He died at age 56 after having gotten drunk several thousand times too often. I was only 22 and I still resent him for his drinking. He had a promising career in the investment business, yet he lived his last few years as the custodian at the Catholic Church he attended.

That, Miss Dinah, is what the big deal is, up-close and personal.

43. Adam says:

Dude got mad swagger.

44. Elizabeth says:

that is such a shame as he is was my idol and has let me down and obviously is drunk

• JK says:

So you thought your “idol” never drinks like normal people do?

• Cally Nemet says:

Why would anyone idolize an actor vs people who do good for the world? There’s nothing wrong with enjoying a movie, but this America- bashing nut job is your idol? Most actors are nothing but narcissistic, liberal, drug using, immoral, greedy hypocrites. You will hopefully raise your standards for idolatry in the future.

45. El Loco JP says:

Anybody still think Depp doesn’t do drugs?

46. ed says:

He’s drunk, can’t everyone tell.

47. Alphonse Dee says:

Did anybody “flush” the place afterwards?

48. DH73 says:

I think he acting.

49. Christmas obviously came early for Johnny….

50. syttend de mai says: