Vincent D’Onofrio to Play Villain in ‘Jurassic World’

Vincent D'Onofrio Jurassic Park
Jemal Countess/Getty Images

Vincent D’Onofrio has joined the cast of Universal’s “Jurassic World.”

He joins Chris Pratt, Bryce Dallas Howard, Ty Simpkins and Nick Robinson.

Colin Trevorrow (“Safety Not Guaranteed”) penned the script with Derek Connolly and will direct the sci-fi adventure movie.

Plot details are being kept under wraps.

Steven Spielberg, Frank Marshall and Pat Crowley will produce “Jurassic World,” which is set to begin filming in early 2014.

The dinosaur reboot will hit theaters June 12, 2015.

D’Onofrio is repped by UTA and Silver Linings Entertainment.

1. Katherine McCrory says:

Loved him in L&O CI. why they pulled that one and left Special Victims will never understand. He was great in Full Metal Jacket when he was younger. Not a big sci-fi fan either but will watch to see him in it. Think him and Vince Vaughn have good chemistry together. Would like to see the two of them in a thriller.

2. Sally says:

I’ve missed Vincent D’Onofrio since Law & Order: Criminal Intent went off the air. I guess I’m going to continue to miss him, since I HATE sci-fi movies…oh well, maybe the next one…

3. I am a huge fan of the series and particularly loved the first one. I can’t wait for this to come out.

4. jjjtd123 says:

Have followed this mans career and his acting is mind-boggling. Utterly fantastic actor and man.

5. Maggie says:

Vincent D’Onfrio is one of the best actors working. He takes chances; in every role. he comes to play. Thank you, Vincent, for coming back–and, please, take a lead role soon.

6. ludi66 says:

Love him but wish Law and Order CI would come back for a couple of seasons. It was a great show!!

7. Loved him on law and order wish they would bring him back and make new ones. i would love to see him on aother tv show he is a great actor and still very good looking even with the scruffy face. I wish him well in the new movie and all endevors would like to see more of him.

• It’s about time we heard from Vincent D’Onofrio! I still watching the reruns Law & Order Criminal Intent on tv, on channel WIPX or Channel 63 on our AT&T. Not the two that replaced though, just Vincent. I hope he is getting some money out of these.

8. Joan Schif says:

Oh. Yes. Loved him in Law and Order. Hannibul……he will slay this this.

9. Tallus Rip says:

‘Scuse me….REBOOT? Jurassic Park was fine as it was goddamnit.

• therealeverton says:

Reboot, not remake. Even reboot is t fully apt as this is bassi ally a sequel. It’s just with different actors and so long after part 3 it’s “healthier” to leave the 4 off the title.

10. p l says:

about time….been waiting to see him in SOMETHING….get my D’Onofrio fix by watching CI reruns!!!

11. Oh Yeah big fan of Vincent D’Onofrio still like dinosaurs too. double love :)

12. D.D. says:

Vincent D’Onofrio…YES! Sorry, I am a hardcore fan.

13. Smith310 says:

Love him! He was also the villain in Men in Black, lol. Edgar, your skin is hanging off of your bones. Of course, love Law & Order CI, too. He’s handsome to me.

14. Fart Sniffer says:

I thought the dinosaurs were the villains.

• therealeverton says:

Geek time… With the possible exception of the Raptors, the carnivorous dinosaurs were simply animals trying to eat to live. The humans seeking to exploit them were always the villains, or at least the fools.

• johntshea says:

No. The dinosaurs were just misunderstood…

15. The other guy says:

Yes. About time this guy got a role in a big picture. He’s too good for Hollywood to keep passing by. Lets hope its a sign of things to come.

16. nero4787 says:

if the plot is a secret then how do we know he’s a villain ?