Early screening includes exclusive movie-themed giveaways, content
As a result, AMC added showtimes for the fan event at several of the 17 locations across the U.S.
Warner Bros. and AMC will release the film exclusively on March 14, with only a few smaller non-AMC locations bowing the film that day.
As part of the early fan event, costing $18 per ticket, AMC is offering an exclusive “Veronica Mars” T-shirt, as well as a limited edition lanyard. The screening also will feature red carpet footage from the film’s premiere at the South by Southwest Film Festival.
The film, which was famously funded entirely through Kickstarter, prompted the CW to release an accompanying digital series spinoff. The original three-season series also began streaming on Amazon Prime last month.
Tickets for the bigscreen version’s nationwide release go on sale Feb. 14.
Here’s the list of markets (theaters) offering the early event:
- Atlanta – AMC Phipps Plaza 14
- Boston – AMC Loews Boston Common 19
- Chicago – AMC River East 21
- Dallas – AMC Northpark 15
- Denver – AMC Westminster Promenade
- Houston – AMC First Colony 24
- Kansas City – AMC Studio 30
- Los Angeles – AMC Century City 15
- Miami – AMC Aventura 24
- Minneapolis – AMC Southdale Center 16
- N.Y./N.J. – AMC Garden State 16
- Philadelphia – AMC Neshaminy 24
- Phoenix – AMC Westgate 20
- San Diego – AMC Mission Valley 20
- San Francisco – AMC Metreon 16
- Seattle – AMC Pacific Place 11
- Washington D.C. – AMC Tysons Corner 16