Seth Rogen Thanks Sony’s Amy Pascal for ‘Having the Balls’ to Make ‘The Interview’

Seth Rogen Randall Park James Franco
Eric Charbonneau/Invision

Thursday night’s world premiere of Sony’s “The Interview” offered plenty of laughs after weeks of news from the massive cyber-hack that’s bedeviled the studio.

“I can’t say I’ve been getting a lot of sleep lately,” said Sony’s Dwight Caines.

There were three police cars parked outside the Ace Hotel Theatre, very few camera crews, and a very small red carpet inside where Seth Rogen, James Franco and Randall Park posed for photographers and declined media interviews. Attendees tended to avoid discussing the disclosures arising from the online attacks — which many believe may have been orchestrated by North Korea because of the movie. Indeed, Rogen assiduously avoided any mention of the hacking during the run-up to the screening.

“If you’re going to ask me questions, I’m going to run away!” he said, before he did.

The audience cheered as Rogen and co-director Evan Goldberg took the stage to intro the comedy with a heartfelt shout-out to studio president Amy Pascal.

“Before we start we just want to thank Amy Pascal for having the balls to make this movie!” Rogen said to a near standing ovation. Before the screening started, Pascal was greeted continuously with hugs from well-wishers including Caines, producers Matt Tolmach, Tom Rothman and Donald De Line.

Charles Chun, who plays General Jong in the film, said afterwards that he had no doubt about the origin of the hack.

“I think we know who did this,” he said. “And if they can do this to a big corporation like Sony, what does that mean for everyone else?”

However, Chun seemed to think that, if anything, the hack has raised awareness of the film. “And I think the film is going to do really well at the box office because it’s so funny.”

1. Tangential says:

Never mind this iditoic sideshow. The real disaster in Asia with catastrophic global impact is Japan and its official coverup of the ongoing Fukushima Daichi nuclear armegeddon.

3 of the 4 nuclear plants at the Daichi site are in real China Syndrome mode. The fourth is a wreck threatening to topple over at any time and turn into an uncontianed and usnstoppable nuclear fission pile.

Japan is clearly unable to cope with this end-times nuclear catastrophe. The nation should be stripped of its national soverignity and a global nuclear emergency council needs to take charge of this very real threat to the future existence of l life on the planet.

2. John says:

Sure, another ____ movie with Seth Rogan. But my theater will show INTERVIEW because every person in Wyoming has a gun and knows how to use it. WyoLaramie.com

3. biled says:

Seth isn’t funny. He needs to go away already.

4. TONY says:

yEAH, ROGAN DOESN’T HAVE THE BALLS TO DO AN INTERVIEW.

5. stylinred says:

So Rogen is still supporting Amy even though she’s a racist? wow where was all the support for Mel Gibson during his drunken rant? oh that’s right all his supporters were blacklisted or forced to beg for mercy on television

6. David Adler says:

THE INTERVIEW is the most minor of minor league parody, doesn’t even rise to the level of satire (if it did, they would be in trouble with their OWN government, not NK’s, and that is obvious to anyone with a sentient brain cell in their head who understands the actual meaning of parody vs. satire), and as such took ZERO balls to make (and thanks Seth Rogan for parroting moronic malespeak, yet again). Again, minor league, but it offended a sociopath, so it must be brilliant. Oy, spare me. Tell Franco to go seduce some more high school girls, Palo Alto spoiled pri*ck that he’s always been. Hollywood is such a high-school environment. Pitiful.

7. Scary stuff. First Apple, now Sony. Tsk, tsk – good Hollywood leftists mocking a good leftist president? What is this world coming to? I love when the masks come off and these hypocrites reveal who they really are behind closed doors and keyboards.

Just in case you were off planet when the Edward Snowden NSA Scandal came to light, there is really no such thing as 100% secure file storage if its connected to the internet. Especially if you use any third party storage… I store EVERYTHING on a portable hard drive… and dis-connect it when I am not using it.. You can get a terabyte portable hard drive for around $150.00, I never have to worry about losing anything or anyone stealing my files…and I don’t pay a monthly fee..

Hell, I don’t even really use my “smart phone”. My old dumb-one is good enough for me and its cheaper. It’s a waste of money just like so many other things in America like student loans (get a cheap education!), expensive car insurance (my $25/month policy from Insurance Panda is good enough for me), and fast food (who wants to pay $10 for a Chipotle burrito?!?).

Also – One way to completely ensure there are no bad photos of yourself that could wind up in an embarrassing situations is to NOT take them. Seems pretty logical to me… And if you don’t want your racist emails coming to light, don’t write them!

8. Excited says:

CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS MOVIE!!!

• Kathy K says:

Yes, but she will keep her job because she didn’t say anything negative about Jews or homosexuals. Although the homosexual producer proved to be a racist, he too, will keep on making money, like the pedos, teen-boy rapists and other weirdos in Hollywood. I think I am beginning to understand why black people are so upset these days. Pascal’s ass should be canned, and the gay producer banned like Isaiah Washington and Mel Gibson, but because it was all about “blacks,” nothing will happen. Absolutely nothing.

9. I dont think these guys are funny- James Franco use to be funny Seth Rogen is just a fat slob- I mean you can literally grab any guy from any state at any bar over 30 and weighing over 200 pounds and drunk with a drug problem and white and that would literally be Seth Rogen in a nut shell. I mean he literally looks and acts like the typical stupid american. So they put out a movie that makes fun of killing someones leader- only in america can we find humor in something that shouldnt be funny at all.

• Nyar says:

You haven’t even seen the movie, so you shouldn’t bitch about how unfunny it is. If you label it as unfunny because of the subject itself, you have not the faintest idea about comedy. The thing about comedic material about terrible stuff is: Sure, it “shouldn’t be funny” as you put it, but it totally is. Check Carlin, Hicks, Stanhope or any other worthwhile comedian. Movies aren’t that different in that regard.

• Michael says:

I live in New Zealand and I’m really looking forward to it…

10. John Shea says:

BRAVO! Humor is one of the most powerful weapons in the arsenal of democracy. Tyranny is always po-faced, censorious and puritanical.