‘The Flash’ Movie to Star Ezra Miller in 2018

The Flash Ezra Miller

Hot on the heels of DC Comics icon “The Flash’s” small-screen success on The CW, Warner Bros. has confirmed that a standalone “Flash” movie is coming in 2018. The film will be unaffiliated with The CW series and will feature a new actor in the role: Ezra Miller.

During the Time Warner earnings meeting Warner Bros. Chairman and CEO Kevin Tsujihara announced “The Flash” would bow in 2018.

No writer or director are attached at this time. Bewkes also announced that a movie focused on DC Comics’ Aquaman will bow in 2018 with Jason Momoa set to star.

“The Flash” story revolves around Barry Allen, a scientist who awakes from a coma and is gifted with the power of super speed.  Allen is a part of the Justice League and it is expected that Miller will have some sort of cameo in the upcoming pic “Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice” where that team is likely to be unveiled.

Warner Bros. also announced several other films scheduled to bow in the next several years including a “Wonder Woman” movie slated for 2017 and “Justice League: Part 2” in 2019.

Grant Gustin stars as the Scarlet Speedster in the recently-launched CW “Flash” series, which set ratings records for the network in last week’s debut.

Miller was most recently seen in “Madame Bovary.” He is repped by Paradigm.

1. you guys should rethink the actor in the movie…. it should be the same actor from the cw tv series the flash he perfect for the role

2. Why? Seriously? The guy in the TV series was spot on.

3. Stacey Bruns says:

Yuck really?! Sure hope that this is nothing more than some bad rumor.

4. Ays says:

i can’t imagine Ezra in an action movie that’s why i’m so excited for this. waaaaaah you go Ezra~

5. Chelsea says:

Hello fastest man alive.

6. PETER JAY says:

Miller’s publicist, if he has one, or personal manager or agent, should have released an outstanding photo or had that photo taken new for this precise purpose, to promote this kid as the Flash. Instead the first time we see this kid he looks like a Brooklyn street druggy!

7. Vince says:

I don’t care what anyone says… This guy is not the right character to play Flash.. I could deal with all other castings, but this miller guy should not play my favorite comic book character in the big screen.. I do wish it was grant gustin, but I could deal with another actor portraying flash.. But I can’t see this guy playing flash.. He looks like scrawny little rocker. I just don’t think he could stand next to the other big DC character actors like mamoa, cavill, affleck.. I am big DC comics fan, and I am sad to see this :[ I mean I can wait and see how this goes, but seeing this casting makes me doubt the movie.. I hope somehow things work out and it could turn out amazing..

• i agree thank you all these tinnie boppers like ooohh i cant wait he looks like something out of one of those mtv shows about the wolf or that lame choir show he looks like a poser emo kid he will tank as flash my fav hero to

8. flabbergasted says:

Why is it that people can not grasp the idea that DC/WB have made a conscious decision to keep the TV and Cinematic universes separate. This gives both entities much more creative freedom as they don’t have to worry about story lines and plots matching and remaining consistent in both the films and TV series. I think it is a much smarter idea considering the route Marvel went with trying to link Agents of Shield with the films which meant that the shows suffered (alot) as it had to adjust its story lines in order to stay true to all the event of the films. So i think it is a smart idea that DC has not used to TV actors even though they are great as there characters. and for those bashing Ezra, just remember 2 words…..Heath Ledger, not saying he be as good but just to let him have his time before we criticize him.

• ill pass he does not look nor act the roll so the f what if they have to synchronize its called good story telling i guess its not like they have a pre written story to go off of lol see what just happened there

• Guest says:

@flabbergasted(is that even your real name?!) Maybe because most people like me would have like the idea of the actors/actresses crossing over from the TV universe to the cinematic universe and also it would have been a win-win for everybody. Why must people always play the Heath Ledger card EVERYTIME there’s a casting choice that some may not like?! WE have every right to criticize because 1. WE have an opinion and 2. this casting choice came BEFORE a director and crew was decided. Don’t like our opinions ? Then shut up or get off the internet!

9. John Traynor says:

I will stop seeing any DC movies from here ! Such a stupid move. I am guessing money is not the motivating issue here. You have the best ,most highly watched pilot on CW. yet do not want to further the success in the theater! They will not receive one more penny from myself or my wife. Simple ignorance on whoever thought this idea might work !! I am not the only one that thinks this way. Back me up good people of earth !!!!!!!!!!

• me and barry and wally have your back they hate the idea to if arrow was here he would be like ezra you have failed this city the city being earth and then shoot him thru the eyeball

10. James Mercel says:

I’ve nothing for, or against Miller. I’ve no idea who he is. I also can’t imagine why we need a 2nd Flash, when the TV show is so good. They should just cross the actor into the JLA movies.

11. superman 007 says:

this is the worst pic for the flash he looks to be a trash collecter than a super hero
    he needs to go apply for a kostodian job somewhere in new York

12. Clyde says:

It never fails, as soon as an article is put out announcing a casting or upcoming future movie, then all the haters come out of the closet. What a surprise!

• hater do you even read any of the comics this is not barry plz educate yourself before you let that shit spew from your mouth

• jedi77 says:

Perhaps “hater” is too strong a word?
      I prefer to think of us as “critiquers” – or even just (gasp!) people with an opinion that happens to not coincide with yours.

13. Ronnie says:

Please tell me this is a joke. Miller looks nothing like Barry Allen. He would be better suited to playing a Batman villain The Riddler or The Joker

14. rodzkee says:

Seriously? DC does not know what they are doing? If you want a blockbuster succees, why not pick Grant Gustin to play the role? In 3 years time, people will love him as Barry Allen but they chose to introduce another guy?! Please DC, one actor at a time. Honestly I love DC so much but it makes me angry to realize that DC movies wont be as good as Marvel movies.

15. The other guy says:

Seriously, they have cast a guy for a film that won’t show up for another 4 years! What happened to the time when they would cast someone a few months before.
    WB/DC seem desperate to compete with Marvel. Problem is, Marvel films are fun, fun equals money. DC films are dark and serious, that equals, not so much money.
    They struck lucky with Nolans Batman trilogy, but I get the feeling that was a one off. Unless they realise that these things are based on comics and not Shakespearian tragedies, then they are never going to see the money Marvel do.

• Wade Wilson says:

As a comic reader/fanatic I DO NOT WANT DC MOVIES TO BE LIKE MARVEL MOVIES EVER.
      EVER.
      THEY ARE DIFFERENT, AND IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM DON’T @#$%ING WATCH THEM.
      NO ONE CARES WHAT YOU DO/DON’T DO.

16. Do we know for sure that Ezra will be playing Barry Allen? There’s other men who have donned that lightning bolt.

17. Sofia says:

What’s up, just wanted to tell you, I loved this blog post.

It was funny. Keep on posting!

18. NYJ says:

Ezra Miller as Barry Allen? No…no.Terrible casting. I’ll pass, and that sucks

19. It’s going to be finish of mine day, but before end I am reading this impressive article to increase my knowledge.

20. hectoruno says:

Am I the only person that thinks the guy set to play Flash looks just like Quick Silver in DOFP? Why does DC keep copying Marvel when they had the characters first? Aquman was changed to Namor. Wonderwoman was given godhood like Thor and now is going to be turned into an impatient Quick Silver clone with long hair.

21. Michael Patterson says:

I’m sure he’s a great actor but I don’t see him fitting the Flash character. Should be someone taller with more muscle otherwise it will be extremely hard to sell this character onscreen.

Uber excited about a Flash movie though!

22. alleyboy.Com says:

Being, as I reported on our Facebook site for Rio Vista Guest House,” I knew that I wanted this woman to– who is very damaged. Grupo Sol-Melia and NH are the biggest mountain range in North Africa. A common discrepancy between implementation and international commitments, for example, have tripled in the last few years, family owned guest houses. Several attempts to resolve the dispute the riad sebban palace marrakech as quickly as possible without compromise.

23. Aaron says:

Maybe DC should listen to their fans and cast the guy that’s setting records on TV.

• Too easy. Remember the (in)famous David Goyer quote, “I’m giving the fans something they didn’t know they wanted.” Yeah — this guy is in charge of DC movie universe.

• Wade Wilson says:

Funny, I enjoyed the @#$% out of MoS, much, MUCH more so than Reeves boyscott Superman (and much more than anythign Marvel put out at the time, and I’m predominantly a Marvel fan, imagine that?), I loved the soft-spoken bad@#$ Supes, and Zod, effortlessly, was hands-down better than any villian in a Marvel movie. I strongly believe those who hated MoS don’t give two @#$%s about Superman, because thier complaints are always unfounded BS, and irrelevant, i.e. him killing Zod.
        Superman killed not only Zod, but Faora, Quex AND Doomsday in the comics. I find that 90% of the time, people that whine about comic movies have no idea WTF they’re even talking about. I.e. the destruction in MoS…no one in the 80’s said jack @#$% about the destruction Zod & Supes caused in thier fight, despite people clearly being injured in the fray. The thing about the 80s was, there was no internet to give people swelled heads and the misconception that thier stupid opinions mattered.

24. Leo says:

Even the men look like women now. So sad.

It’s a business is the lamest line ever.

• wade i cant agree with you more and we recently got into it on a deadpool discuss im the deathstroke fan named chris i must say im truely shocked at your knowledge love the doomsday 5 parter that jumped around between action comics jla mos and yea i apologize and i rarely do that but i stand by my death stroke lol

25. Alin says:

Guys relax … who ever said Ezra Miller is playing Barry Allen at all? What if he’s gonna be Wally West? I’m pretty sure that’s the case.

• Then WB is doubly stupid! All that audiences will know is that the Flash is Barry Allen. They don’t know Wally West from a hole in the wall and will be uber confused on why the movie Flash isn’t Barry Allen, let alone why the movie Flash isn’t the same as the TV Flash.

• Wade Wilson says:

Catering to the brain-dead masses is not the way to go. I reccomend you never enter a creative field, ever. Back in 1999 half the people I knew had no idea WTF the Matrix was about, o even understood it (because they are diiots. How tough is it to follow the plot of a @#$%ing movie???) yet it still made a ton of $$$, championed the dvd revolution, and invented (thanks Mike Gondry!) the filming technique ‘bullet-time’.

26. Ben bushway says:

The brain trust at DC are at it again. You make a show that has so much interest that you decide to make a stand alone film on that character. But instead of using the cast that made the show a success, you in you infinite wisdom decide to re-cast it. Genius

27. When life gives you Grant Gustin, one does not simply cast Ezra Miller as the Flash.

28. The first asian Flash lol

29. longbowhunter says:

This is a HUGE mistake. Grant Gustin is killing it as the TV FLASH,and between that and ARROW DC actually has a pretty decent lineup(on TV). Why not just go the Marvel route and use the actors that are already working? Oh right…because this is Warner Bros and DC and they wouldnt know a good idea if it bit them on the face……

• Hassnain says:

Glad to see i aint the only one who thinks dc have lost the plot with their movie schedule they are so desperate to beat marvel

30. Jenovo says:

LOL. Another swing and a miss for DC. What else is new. An emo douche playing Flash, a wooden stringbean playing Wonder Woman… batting a thousand here.

31. Snarf says:

Haters gonna hate. Dis movie gonna be good.

32. Matt says:

Idiotic that they wouldn’t go with the guy that’s setting viewing records, or that they don’t want to cross the DC movie franchise with the TV work. And this guy they cast looks like a total douche.

33. TY says:

DC’s got to compete somehow after Marvel’s Civil War announcement. Keep trying DC.

• That’s EXACTLY what I was thinking. Funny how DC always makes their announcements right after Marvel does the same.

Plus, with WB cutting costs, you can pretty much bet that EACH ONE of these movies need to not only make money, but make the amount of money WB is expecting. Or you can say ‘buh-bye’ to all future DC movies. I can guaranty you that WB is still scratching their heads over Guardians of the Galaxy beating Man of Steel at both the domestic and worldwide box office.

34. PETER JAY says:

I like Grant Gustin as The Flash! He was very good last week. Perfect. Miller looks like a stoner in this photo.

35. Stephen says:

Ryan Reynolds (pre GL) was perfect for Flash. These two casting choices are clueless.

36. The 2.5th Doctor says:

Grant Gustin is The Flash.