Watch: Scarlett Johansson Is Worst First Time Driver in ‘Lucy’ Clip

Scarlett Johansson’s Lucy may be able to tap into more brain power than the average person (never mind the “humans only use 10 percent of their brains” nonsense), but that doesn’t make her a smart driver.

The titular femme fatale in Luc Besson’s upcoming actioner causes some major damage on the streets of Paris when she puts the pedal to the metal in an SUV. Lucy’s reckless driving leads to several collisions, but she remains unfazed. “We never really die,” the first time driver tells the cop (Amr Waked) who sits petrified in the passenger seat.

Johansson plays a drug mule who carries a drug that accidentally enters her system, giving her access to increasingly more and more of her brain at the expense of her humanity. Morgan Freeman also stars as a scientist.

The pic will open the 67th Locarno Film Festival on August 6, out-of-competition. “Lucy” hits theaters on July 25.

1. Christian Hoheb says:

I want to find that song

• Single Barrel (Sling the Decks)
      Written by Scott Kirkland and Kenneth Jordan
      Performed by The Crystal Method
      Published by The Crystal Method Partnership
      Administered by Kobalt Music Publishing Ltd
      Courtesy of Tiny e Records

2. Jack Yan says:

Small point: that’s a Peugeot 308. I think in American, that’s a ‘sedan’, not an SUV. I’m looking forward to a decent Besson actioner.

3. It’s interesting to me how when an actor gets in a car, has a high speed chase, wrecks dozens of other cars in the process of that chase… Well, it’s just AMAZING to me how there are 1, 2, 3, 4 ZERO articles calling him a “bad driver” but suddenly we get a female main character and this is supposed to be a coincidence? Give me a F**KING BREAK.

4. Fre says:

I thought the feel of Johansson was…flat. Yet just a snippet of the character.
    The car sequence, now that felt Far from flat.
    Interested to see more.

5. Vincent says:

Hey Harry,

Just was wondering. You don’t think the concept is pretty good. I just wanted to get your insight. Like to check my blindspots.

• harry georgatos says:

Nothing wrong with the concept to this movie. Looking forward to this movie as Besson has made two classics in LA FEMME NIKITA and the directors cut of LEON THE PROFESSIONAL. The car clip didn’t seem that heighten and suspenseful compared to films such as RONIN, which has the most impressive craftsmanship of car surveillance and chase put on film. Still I’ll reserve my judgment when I’ll see the entire film as this type of sci-fi assassin story is my cup of tea.

6. harry georgatos says:

There’s simply nothing new or original in this sequence apart from some paranormal gimmicks. Stock situation when it comes to car stunts.