Quentin Tarantino Will Not Direct Western ‘Hateful Eight’ as His Next Film

Quentin Tarantino Will Not Direct Western

Was planning to shoot the film at the end of the year

After the script to his latest pic “The Hateful Eight” leaked early, Quentin Tarantino has decided to not make his next directing assignment.

Deadline Hollywood broke the news in an interview with Tarantino and the report says the filmmaker already has an idea for his next script.

In the Deadline report, Tarantino says, ““I’m very, very depressed. I finished a script, a first draft, and I didn’t mean to shoot it until next winter, a year from now. I gave it to six people, and apparently it’s gotten out today.”

Tarantino is considering meeting with publishers in order to have the script turned into a novel.

“I’m going to publish it, and that’s it for now,” Tarantino said. “I give it out to six people and if I can’t trust them to that degree, then I have no desire to make it. I’ll publish it. I’m done. I’ll move on to the next thing. I’ve got ten more where that came from.”

No plot details had been revealed except that it was a prototypical Western ensemble. Tarantino said he suspected the leak came from an agent, possibly at CAA, but the agency denied that it was possible.

Tarantino is repped by WME and last directed “Django Unchained.”

1. Depends says:

Dude,

Let me handle your script distribution next time – I NEVER leak.

2. Dayto says:

Terrible title, “Hateful Eight”

3. Greg Eakins says:

I misread this as Tarantino believing a CIA (rather than CAA) agent leaked the script. “Damn, this shit really is high stakes!”

4. jj says:

poor self-obsessed, narcissistic qt. so far up his own ass…

5. ted says:

Quentins getting upset!

6. RhoidSlayer says:

bury a unique spell checked typo or synonym , invisible unless they have multiple scripts to compare

7. Pure Fluff says:

Reblogged this on Pure Fluff.

8. Ganesh Tiwari says:

I was very much sorry to hear that, the script of “The
    Hateful Eight” was leaked. And now the project is
    being shelved. This news has really disappointed
    me.I am probably one of your biggest fan. The cast
    including Christopher Waltz, Bruce Dern and Tim
    Roth seemed one of the best ever. and as the name
    suggests i was expecting this project would achieve
    the height previously attained by “The Magnificient
    Seven”. A western from the pen of Tarantino is
    always special. You did it in Django Unchained. 2013
    went without Tarantino. And sir, i was expecting a new
    project, may be Django Unchained 2 in 2014-2015.
    But this news has cause me and all other fan of
    yours similar pain u’ve felt. So, plz sir, think over it a
    dozen time. Start this project from scratch. Plz sir we
    sorely need to meet The Hateful Eight. We’ll be happy to see u starting this project soon. Whoever
    chicken rustler might have leaked it, he will face the
    curse someday. But right now we want our
    Tarantino back in action
    again. The same Tarantino who has taken Western
    genre to a whole new level…..

9. CitizenTM says:

You are absolutely NOT my favorite auteur, Quentin Tarantino. Not by a long shot. Maybe even my least. But your are hundred percent right about what you said and how you respond to it. And especially with your statement that there are ten more where that came from… that’s what those agents and their little doggie assistants don’t fully comprehend. Maybe you’ll have to do it like Kubrick. Kudos.

10. Gwen Jennings says:

Please don’t get discouraged! It’s sounds like a great movie and you’re my favorite Auteur!! You know when you get “up there”, there are going to be some Judas’s in your close circles. It’s inevitable. But you can get that script and switch it up a bit. It’s only a first draft…a shitty first draft remember? You’re talented enough to get an Oscar, how many writers have had that experience? Much less their writings made into movies? Come on, you got it going on in so many ways…If I can experience an ounce of your success, I would be floating on a cloud for years! So, pick your self up, look over that script and take it up a notch. I’m a writer too and in film school and I did a presentation about your work and I fashion a lot of my writings after you. So work that scripts as only you can do!

11. Roybal says:

He is my FAVORITE director! I always think something bigger and better, maybe he will put down his lasso and do a 70s throwback again.

12. machavilli says:

Sadly you can’t trust people these days. The time has come where people need to understand that an artist has to be able to trust people and if he can’t then well..he won’t do the work and that’s it…..Mr.Tarantino is doing the right thing. Either you be patient or you receive nothing.

13. CB says: