Paul Bettany to Play the Vision in Marvel’s ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’

Paul Bettany Play the Vision Marvel's

Production starts next month

Paul Bettany, best known in the Marvel world for voicing Jarvis, Tony Stark’s helpful A.I. system, will be playing the Vision in Marvel’s “The Avengers: Age of Ultron.”

Production starts next month, with director Joss Whedon and cast members like Robert Downey Jr. and Chris Evans. The Vision was an android created by the robotic villain Ultron, who was meant to be one of Ultron’s henchmen but who instead turns against him and becomes a hero.

Kevin Feige will produce.

Bettany is repped by UTA and Affirmative Entertainment and can be seen next in Alcon’s “Transcendence.” The Daily Mail first broke the news.

1. redroseblue says:

Thanks brandon i havent seen that trailer yet much better thank you for sharing

2. brandon says:

I just watched the leaked age of Ultron trailer, it looks good, I was a big fan of the first movie.

I watched the leaked trailer here in case anyone was wondering http://watchavengersageofultron.blogspot.ca/2014/02/watch-avengers-age-of-ultron.html

• Primogen says:

It’s very hard to believe you saw the trailer, since shooting only began yesterday. I wouldn’t click on that link, people.

3. bravesmiles says:

Reblogged this on Brave Smiles :-) and commented:
    Paul Bettany Joins the Next Avengers Movie

• Fred says:

He might be talking about that Comic Con footage from last year of Iron Man’s helmet morphing into Ultron’s helmet. But as far as a REAL official teaser trailer from the film, we just might get one around the SDCC in late July.

4. Jack says:

I dunno, If he plays it more stoic than Jarvis i’ll be ok with it, He’s supposed to be very martian manhunter and like he was in the avengers assemble cartoon, A voice more like that I hope but i have faith. Also anyone consider the possibility of maybe Jarvis becomes the vision? like overrides him? just a thought but not too farfetched.

5. Alex says:

so there wont be any scenes with the vision and jarvis?

6. I WISH THAT THEY WOULD ALSO HAVE HENRY PYM IN THE MOVIE. EVERYONE KNOWS ULTRON WAS CREATED BY HENRY PYM AND NOW THAT THERE’S AN ANT MAN MOVIE WHY NOT LET HENRY PYM MAKE AN APPEARANCE.

• Primogen says:

I wish people would’t write their comments in ALL CAPS. Anyway, not “everyone” knows Ultron was created by Henry Pym” — just people who read a lot of Marvel comics, a small fraction of the movie-going population. The Marvel Cinematic Universe is its own thing, with its own storyline and history — there’s no way it can duplicate the comics universe with its multiple reboots and conflicting story lines, and any attempt to do so would not necessarily make for the best film plots. Marvel has done very well with its films so far, and I’m willing to trust that they know what they’re doing for their future films.

• He’s already going to be in Ant-Man, although probably not playing Ant-Man, we don’t necessarily know that he WON’T be in Age of Ultron.

7. Mark says:

Paul is already the voice of Jarvis!

8. Alex says:

I just got a semi.

9. Logan Gray says:

Yes. This is great casting, right here. Love you Joss!

10. Todd Polt says:

I fully approve of this upgrade.

11. Kyle says:

Last I checked Paul Bettany was on record saying that he didn’t even like the whole “superhero movie” gambit. They just ask him to read lines and he picks up a bag of cash and that’s all he’s ever been interested in.

Source? Because I’ve only seen one other article that says this, and everything they said screamed “I’m guessing…But With False Certainty!!”

12. James says: