WATCH: First Trailer for Kristen Stewart’s ‘Camp X-Ray’

IFC has released the first trailer for Kristen Stewart’s “Camp X-Ray” two months before its Oct. 17 opening.

“Camp X-Ray” debuted at Sundance and focuses on the relationship between Stewart’s character, a guard at Guantanamo Bay, and a detainee, played by Payman Maadi.

Lane Garrison, J.J. Soria and John Carroll Lynch also star with Peter Sattler directing.

1. bluebird says:

I want to see CAMP X-RAY! This is a different KRISTEN STEWART! Goodbye BELLA SWAN! Goodbye EDWARD CULLEN! Hello COLE! See you in CAMP X-RAY!!!

2. senne says:

Kristen is a great actress! I’m a military brat,so, I can’t wait to watch all Kristen’s new movie. There are a lots of diffirent stories to tell for those people that had served. So, to some of you who criticize the story of Camp X Ray, shot your A$$$ before you watch the movie.

3. Rhonda says:

Stay Pressed Robert Pattinson Fans! go to buy 10 tickets for The rover FLOP!

4. CPL says:

Made for people who have no understanding of war and believe war to be the worst of all things.

5. Larry says:

I sincerely get the feeling that this movie will be just as bad as “The Hurt Locker.” Inaccuracies so painful that it makes the movie un-watchable for anyone who knows better. Luckily for the makers of this movie, so few Americans actually serve their country that they could write in any number of absurdities an no one would be the wiser.

Ah, the moral dilemma of the “individual vs. the machine.” A species of plot both uncommonly boring and completely expected. Unfortunately, it appears that the only real theme this movie explores are selfish middle class values.

6. bebe says:

Steward and Maadi’s performances received a lot of praise. I’m going to see this move for many reasons.

7. lena says:

The film is on my list, think it looks good.

8. Blonde, blue-eyed Jesus says:

Perfect casting here because Stewart is so flat and boring, like most military personnel. Admit it, you know what I mean. You can always tell if someone is in the military. Zzzzzz…

• Larry says:

Your assumption, my dear, says more about you than it does about me.

• Brandi says:

Seriously? All military are boring? If you truly knew any active duty military you would see how ignorant your comment is. The people I have met over 8 years are some of the best and funny people. But we are all closed minded like you!

9. Joseph says:

I think she’s such an impressive talent. I’ve always admired her work though. Some of my friends have become Stewart converts in recent years and I can always say “told you so.”

10. Hank S. says:

I actually saw this at Sundance and was blown away by Stewart and Maadi’s performance. The film itself had some issues, but not anything horrible. I really think Kristen Stewart has an amazing career ahead of her if the reviews for her film with Binoche and this is any indication.