Kelsey Grammer Wants to Return to Future ‘X-Men’ Films

x men days of future past

Kelsey Grammer isn’t done playing Beast just yet — or at least, he doesn’t hope to be.

The “Fraiser” star made a brief cameo at the end of the X-Men franchise’s most recent installment, “X-Men: Days of Future Past” as Beast, as the time-traveling nature of the mutant movie allowed many of the original cast to appear. In an interview with Collider in promotion for “Transformers: Age of Extinction,” Grammer said that hopes he isn’t done with the character yet.

“I hope to do another,” he said. “I hope they find some way to come up with a new story that involves Beast in my timeline.”

In fact, he revealed it was he who actually took the initiative to call director Bryan Singer and get the ball rolling on his part in “Days of Future Past.”

“Actually I called Bryan,” he said. “I bumped into Hugh Jackman and he said, ‘Oh you’re gonna be in another X-Men, mate!’ and I said, ‘No I’m not, I don’t know anything about it.’ So I made a couple of inquiries, got a hold of the script, found out that it’s primarily dealing with the past and that timeline I don’t have a place in, but I saw that at the end there was this coda where he made an appearance. I said, ‘Listen, I really want to be involved,’ so Bryan arranged for it and I had a lovely time.”

Grammer first appeared as Beast in “X-Men: The Last Stand,” and showed up alongside many of the original cast in “Days of Future Past.”

The next X-Men movie, “X-Men: Apocalypse,” will take place in the ’80s. While it will feature primarily the “X-Men: First Class” cast, screenwriter Simon Kinberg confirmed that some of the original cast would be involved — meaning there’s hope for a Beast return.

1. Alison says:

that is an article about Kelsey Grammer and his character “Beast”, but why there is Nicholas Hoult as Beast, Variety?

2. Grey Beast please!! AGE OF APOCALYPSE…

3. faux says:

Grammar is an old pretentious cross dresser. I say fire Singer and recast the entire movie, and a REAL X-Men movie for once. They have never made a real X-Men movie.

4. andre says:

Is Forge going to be in any of the movies. I ask this because since x men days of future past the x men series has open up to time traveling and in x men Forge was the one who build the time machine.

5. therealeverton says:

No picture of Kelsey Grammer as Beast available? You know you’re using a Nic Hoult from Days of Future Past still there yeah?

On Topic I’d love to see them all back, including Nightcrawler and Rebecca Romijn’s Mystique.

• Danyal Rabbani says:

Yeah as a huge Kelsey Grammer fan I’m insulted by this picture. I’ll remember the writer’s name for this one.

6. Hey I know this is off topic but I was wondering if you knew of any widgets
    I could add to my blog that automatically tweet my newest
    twitter updates. I’ve been looking for a plug-in like this for quite some time and was hoping maybe you
    would have some experience with something like this.

Please let me know if you run into anything. I truly enjoy reading your blog
    and I look forward to your new updates.

• Michael Mah'moud says:

Agreed I would enjoy an X-Men movie with the X-Men Last Stand cast only directed by Bryan Singer and a Mark Millar- Brian Michael Bendis Ultimate X-Men/Josh Whedon X-Men/Stan Lee Uncanny X-Men style movie with a cross between the black leather Ultimate X-Men/X-Men movies/X-Men first class type costumes/Grant Morrison suit and the classic superhero X-Men costumes and the all the characters treated with respect. Only in a p