Jennifer Lawrence’s Mystique Could Get Her Own ‘X-Men’ Spinoff

Best Female Super Heros

Anything Wolverine can do, Mystique can do better?

Following her increased role in “X-Men: Days of Future Past,” X-Men franchise producers said that Jennifer Lawrence’s shapeshifter could star in her own spinoff.

“I love what Jen Lawrence has done with her, and I feel like because she is in such a crowded ensemble, there’s so much more opportunity if you were to follow her solo,” “X-Men: First Class” writer-producer Simon Kinberg told Entertainment Weekly in this week’s issue.

Rebecca Romijn played the older version of the naked blue mutant in previous “X-Men” films.

Aside from a solo film with Mystique, Lauren Shuler Donner, who produced every “X-Men” movie, told EW that Gambit and Deadpool are also worthy of standalone movies.

“There was a regime (at the studio) that didn’t see the worth in (spinoffs), and the current people who run Fox understand, embrace it and we’re going to do right by it,” Donner said. “I’d like to do Gambit. I’d like to do Deadpool. We’ll see. There’s a lot of really great characters.”

Lawrence is currently filming “Mockingjay – Part 2” but will wrap up “The Hunger Games” franchise when the fourth film hits theaters on Nov. 20, 2015. Her Depression-set drama with Bradley Cooper, “Serena,” will be released some time this year. Lawrence’s hectic schedule will soon be able to accommodate a spinoff.

The next mutant film, “X-Men: Apocalypse,” will bow on May 27, 2016.

“Everyone grew up knowing Captain America or the Hulk, but not X-Men characters,” director Bryan Singer told EW. “I didn’t even know who Wolverine was. I call X-Men the bastard stepchild of the comic universes.”

Wolverine is now a household hero after the mega-success of the “X-Men” franchise and James Mangold’s “The Wolverine” in 2013. The latter pic grossed $415 million worldwide ($133 million Stateside). A sequel is dated for March 3, 2017.

1. Emily Kate Moore says:

I really love seeing J-Law in the movie X-men: Days of Future Past! And now, knowing that there will be a sequel to the movie, I really can’t wait for its showing. I’ve read an article that reveals what the next movie is about, entitle X-Men: Apocalypse.

Just click the link to know more about this next marvel movie ;)

2. mary says:

Great for Jennifer

3. Marius Telemacher says:

When the hell are Cooper and Lawrence going to respectively “put a ring on it”? Silver Linings, Am Hustle, Serena… For crying out loud…

4. Slade Villamor says:

I rather see Cyclops own spin-off.

5. The fact that Bryan Singer didn’t know who X-Men’s Wolverine was before beginning the X-Men franchise worries me. Ask anybody raised in the late 80’s-90’s who Wolverine, or Jean Gray, or Beast is and you’ll get your answer! X-men! We all watched the cartoon on Saturday morning! SMH

6. Draven West says:

Personally, I think a spin-off series with Mystique would be amazing. I do think that one major point they should focus on is her relationship with Azezal. Especially with her becoming pregnant with Nightcrawler and what happens to Azezal.
    Also, I do not agree with X-Men being called “The Bastard Stepchild of the comic universes.” Neither do I agree that people didn’t grow up knowing the X-men.
    I grew up watching the X-men as well as Captain America, The Fantastic Four and the Justice League.
    I hope that they span a great series of Spin-offs with Mystique as a character, and I also hope that they continue to produce such amazing X-Men movies

7. JJ says:

of course they want to spin her off. she’s the most popular actress in hollywood right now. frankly, i think she’s stuck doing these movies rather than wanting to do them. she doesn’t need this series.

• What’s next for this woman? Will she win the lottery? Will she get her place on the Hollywood Walk Of Fame? Will she become the queen of the internet? God, Jennifer Lawrence is so overrated. Yes, she’s not as skinny as a rack. Whoopity doo, neither Adele. She does stupid things. Cool, so does Miley Cyrus. A lot of the reason people love her are the criticisms women like Adele and Miley Cyrus get, but no, this bitch is so different. *Rolls eyes*

• Ryan Wilson says:

She’s different because she doesn’t act crazy like Miley Cyrus. She isn’t afraid to speak her mind or act like a normal person, unlike most other actors who think they have to act superior or are “on”but when a camera is near. You as just ignorant and prob have an issue with all women in general

8. director Bryan Singer told EW. “I didn’t even know who Wolverine was. I call X-Men the bastard stepchild of the comic universes.”

What a jackass! X-Men has been one of the most popular comics since the Claremont/Byrne run in the late 70’s. I remember reading “Days of Future Past” as a child in the 80’s. Too bad Joss Whedon wasnt given the X-Men films from the beginning, we know he’s a real fan.

• Dong Chow Fun says:

Joss Whedon sucks, singer might be oblivious to comic books, but at least he’s made decent movies.

• big daddy D says:

Joss Whedon is a BOSS! I’VE loved him ever since Buffy. I like Singer as well..but lest ye dismiss the King

9. Dennis Carr says:

I don’t care if she is blue, I want her now..

10. That’s very awesome way to go Jennifer…

11. Brian says:

“Everyone grew up knowing Captain America or the Hulk, but not X-Men characters,” – Bryan Singer. Really Singer? Cause I didn’t know anything about Captain America or Hulk until the movies came out. I grew up with the X-Men characters. Bryan Singer is seriously the wrong person to direct this franchise. So much potential, all gone down the drain. I want to see a real X-Men movie that revolves around all the characters. Not a Wolverine movie that they decide to name X-Men.

• Couldnt agree more Brian. I’m now seriously concerned about DOFP after reading this. I predict an overload of characters to setup spin offs, and a lack of attention to the story at hand. I recently re-watched X-Men and X2 and in hindsight they werent as great as I remembered.

• Slade Villamor says:

I totally agree. Ever since his first direction of X-Men I knew he wasn’t right for this franchise. He doesn’t know X-Men. No wonder why it’s always Wolverine getting credit and made Cyclops looks stupid. If he knows X-Men it will not only revolve around Wolverine. I am sick of Wolverine.