Jennifer Lawrence, Michael Fassbender, James McAvoy to Return for ‘X-Men: Apocalypse’

JenniferLawrence_X-MenApocalypse

It looks like some of the newest members of the “X-Men” family will return for the franchise’s upcoming sequel, “X-Men: Apocalypse.”

Jennifer Lawrence, Michael Fassbender, James McAvoy and Nicholas Hoult, who play younger versions of Mystique, Erik, Charles and Hank, respectively, will reprise their much buzzed-about roles in the latest “X-Men,” according to Entertainment Weekly. Lawrence could be starring in additional “X-Men” movies as producers are considering giving the shapeshifter her own spinoff.

Director Bryan Singer told the mag that the foursome is on board from deals signed for 2011’s “X-Men: First Class.” The mutant gang will next be seen in “X-Men: Days of Future Past” on May 23.

However, Singer also expressed interest in bringing in even more mutants, including Gambit and Nightcrawler, to “Apocalypse.”

“I’m excited because I want to start introducing familiar characters at different ages and also explore the ‘80s,” he told EW.

The director teased that “Apocalypse,” which is roughly based on the popular 1990 comic book storyline “Age of Apocalypse” with the ancient titular villain, will be influenced by the events of “Days of Future Past.” He also said it will be “a bigger movie” due to the disaster imagery.

“You won’t feel at the end of (‘X-Men: First Class’) that it set up ‘Apocalypse,'” he said. “What it does is it sets up possibilities. But what we’ll discover in ‘Apocalypse’ is that events in this movie made that happen. … ‘Apocalypse’ deals with ancient mutancy. What would humans have thought mutants were? What would mutants think humans were? You’re dealing with gods and things like that. And what if one survived and what if that found its way into our world?”

Singer and writer-producer Simon Kinberg are penning the screenplay with “X-Men 2” writers Dan Harris and Michael Dougherty. The movie will hit theaters on May 27, 2016.

1. Melissa says:

Omg is that who than Ryan Reynolds plays I love him so much aswell! He is so cool . I gotta watch that asap now

2. Melissa says:

Wow! Sounds awesome is he in the wolverine movies? They are the only ones I haven’t seen yet I have them on my hard drive but haven’t had time to watch them yet. And that sucks bout mystique and magneto. They would make a hot couple, I love JLAW and Michael Fassbender . Thank you for answering all my annoying questions big daddy D, xoxo

• big daddy D says:

Deadpool? He was in the first Wolverine movie..played by one of my favorite actors…Ryan Reynolds. He’s all into a Deadpool movie. Main thing about Deadpool…he’s batshit crazy…and I love him.

3. Melissa says:

Whats dead pools power? And are mystique and magneto a couple?

• big daddy D says:

Regenerative healing factor
      Superhuman stamina, agility, flexibility and reflexes
      Devices that allow for teleportation and holographic disguise
      Carries a magic satche
      lExtended longevity Immunity to telepathy Master martial artist, swordsman and marksman Immortality

And I don’t thunk there’s any romantic involvement between mystique and magneto.

4. big daddy D says:

Don’t know about prescription psychotropics. Magneto has MANY origin stories

5. Melissa says:

Hey big daddy D, I was wondering is weed legal in Canada, and also is it true that you don’t need prescriptions to get certain medication there like anxiety meds, valium and xanax and so on? And do you think there should be a mystique spin off movie like people have been talking about?

6. Melissa says:

Sorry big daddy D I actually meant that comment to Robbie Goldstein, must have clicked on the wrong thing lol. I have never read the comics but I knew apocalypse was a character. Do the older X-men movies and first class have storylines taken from the comic books at all?

• big daddy D says:

I wouldn’t say legal..but you’re decriminalized in certain areas. You can have so much at a time. And any comic book movie with a good story is fine by me. I’m waiting for Deadpool myself.

• Melissa says:

Does that go for valium and xanax too. I don’t know who deadpool is. What’s his power, I would also like to see a magneto spin off but I guess they told a lot of his back story in first class

• big daddy D says:

I would have to say not at all. They used a BRIEF part of the Phoenix Saga in X3-the last stand..but I believe that they started the comic storylines with the last Wolverine movie

7. big daddy D says:

Canadian..travel to the States often. In regards to the racial profiling..I follow the Chris Rock steps. First and foremost, I don’t do stupid shit around cops. Yes, sir..No, sir..how can I help you, officer?

8. Melissa says:

Don’t know what an M5,tyvm is, lol. Never watched heroes and you’re never too old for a lambo. I would also want a roller

• big daddy D says:

M5-BMW…TYVM-thank you very much. You should watch Heroes..well, the first season anyway..before it turned into shit..and if you’re a 45 year old black man…and not a professional basketball/baseball/football player or recent lottery winner. .you’re DEFINITELY too old for a Lambo…and a great candidate for getting fucked up by the police.

9. Melissa says:

I can’t wait for this. And would love to see a mystique spin off or a magneto spin off, they are my to favourite characters. I wish I was a mutant. If you were a mutant what power would you want

• Melissa says:

I would also want immortality and not to age. And I would want the ability to copy the power of any other mutant I came into contact with, not to steal there power just to copy it and surpass the level of power they have, that’s probably greedy, but I would want to shape shift like mystique, control metals like magneto, be able to heal myself like wolverine, read minds and move things with my mind like professor X and gene. And all the rest, plus super strength and speed. And I would totally want a bitchin ride to, lol. I would want a Lamborghini

• big daddy D says:

Lol! Immortality/not to age-same thing
        Copying abilities-peter petrelli-Heroes
        Telepathy-professot xavier and JEAN grey…and I’m way too old for a Lambo. I’ll settle for an M5, tyvm

10. Robbie Goldstein says:

It makes millions of dollars billions of dollars but it has become all gibberish. It was fun and exciting even pre3d, but now it all looks the same. If there was even an inkling of a cohesive tight story maybe it would mean something to someone. It is not just X-men. It is all of the tent pole movies of this type from every studio. Movies are an art for.. These a just splashes of color, death, violence and attitudes, I would not want to be a Thanksgiving with. Go away

• Melissa says:

Ok that’s weird. I don’t get what you’re saying bro

• big daddy D says:

I’m saying that Robbie Goldstein’s comment was ridiculous. X-men:Apocalypse is a wonderful idea for a Marvel movie. The villain himself-En Sabah Nur-is one of my favorite all time Marvel villains. I would love to see his origin story..and his decimation of the Marvel Universe. It’s been stated before…people gon’ die big. time

• big daddy D says:

With all due respects…go eat your hat. Apocolypse is a titular X-men villain. Bring it on!!