Jason Momoa to Play Aquaman in ‘Batman v Superman’

Jason Momoa Frontier Netflix

“Game of Thrones” actor Jason Momoa has signed up for the role of Aquaman in Warner Bros.’ “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.”

Variety reported in December that Momoa was in talks for the Zack Snyder-directed tentpole, scheduled to be released May 6, 2016, with Henry Cavill as Superman, Ben Affleck as Batman, Gal Gadot as Diana Prince/Wonder Woman.

Other cast members include Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor and Jeremy Irons as Alfred while Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne and Diane Lane reprise their roles from “Man of Steel.”

Snyder is directing from a script by Chris Terrio and David S. Goyer. Charles Roven and Deborah Snyder are producing.

Aquaman first appeared in DC Comics in 1941 and is a founding member of the Justice League of America. The studio is planning to shoot “Justice League” after it completes  “Batman v. Superman.”

Momoa played Khal Drogo in the first season of “Game of Thrones” and starred in  2011’s “Conan the Barbarian.” He is repped by APA, Kritzer Levine Wilkins Griffin Nilon Entertainment and Edelstein Laird & Sobel.

The HitFix site first reported the news .

1. Perfect casting. Congratulations Jason Momoa.

2. Web Guru says:

What a fish out of water career move.

3. Sophie says:

The reason behind this is that they actually have the skill in surpassing luck by using tantamount of skill.
    Despite the fact that there is not much likelihood to beat other arms using
    the substantial card, if a person is bluffing and
    has nothing, it can win. Once you’ve made your own payment you should send a duplicate
    in the receipt on the Barrier Holdem poker Client Services group upon + Forty-four
    1483 747097.

4. Vinny Chase was the best Aquaman.

5. Richard says:

I thought this movie was Superman, Batman. Now there is not only Wonder Woman but Aquaman as well? How much can you pile into one movie? These comic book movies are now nothing but ads for the next movie.

• dnno1 says:

See “The Expendables” or “Ocean’s 13″… or any of the “Lord of the Rings” films.

• Enrik says:

dude, aquaman will be cameo. We’ll see him less than 1 minute

• dnno1 says:

The got Chris Terrio, because he is very good at writing back stories for charters. The role for these characters might be small, but I want to believe there may be more to it (in the way of flash backs et. al.) than just a cam-shot.

6. Richard Thomas says:

Hey B and M! (and you 2 too)
    Did you see that kid who is suing the MIB people?
    Imagine what he could do with a good lawyer, documentation and a witness who is also a lawyer!
    Looking good!

7. Karen Lin says:

I’m sorry, but I’m not taking Hitfix’s word on this. The actor himself has denied this. He wasn’t ambiguous about it, he didn’t say something like “I’m in negotations for a role but nothing is finalized”, he said a very straightforward “no”. So, until/if it’s confirmed by WB, I’m taking this with a big grain of salt.

• dnno1 says:

If Momoa was in talks (like bot Variety and THR have reported), he would definitely be under an NDA, which would mean he would have to deny being involved until they told him it was okay to. I don’t think you can place a lot of credence in Momoa’s denials, especially since he recently posted a couple of photos of himself sitting down with a pitch fork looking like a king on his Instagram account.

• Erick W. says:

That’s fine to take it with a grain of salt, however, what do you expect him to say? Actors are usually secretive about film negotiations, regardless, I am sure it will be confirmed by WB pretty soon.

8. Danielle says:

I actually love the idea of Momoa as Aquaman. Does he look like him? Not really, but I think he has the right look for the part…If that makes sense…lol. But again, I don’t have a problem with this. I could totally see this working.

9. Spider says:

I won’t be cynical nor knock anything nor anyone in this flick. This is Hollywood and anyone can be transformed into virtually any character. I will reserve criticism until I see the final product. I have a hunch that many people are gonna end up eating crow. I’ll stay tuned…….

10. Jack says:

Let’s all just accept that WB suits are idiots and it will be easier to take their casting decisions…
    ..the worst one being the wonder woman gal….how they thought she would make a good WW
    is beyond me….snyder, his wife and the suits at WB are dopes.

11. peter says:

Are you kidding me? It’s a visual media, so WHAT are they thinking? Maybe it’s Momoa’s blond Hawaiian looks! Seriously, I would make a better Aquaman, and I’m 73 years old!

• Karen Lin says:

You know, I agree with you. I know that they are trying to make Aquaman look like a badass, but I don’t see why they can’t do that with an actor who actually looks like him. Momoa with be great for quite a few characters in the DC Universe, but he’s totally wrong for Aquaman.

12. Fred S says:

He would make a very good Prince Namor (Sub-Mariner), but he looks nothing like Aquaman.

• dnno1 says:

That’s because his hair is not blond. I would have to admit, that because of his past acting experience he would be taken more seriously in that role than anyone else.

• big daddy D says:

I agree. Namor/Lobo. Jason’s been rocking his badass look ever since Stargate:Atlantis…and doing it well. But Aquaman? Nooooope