24th James Bond Movie Starts Shooting Dec. 6

Skyfall MGM

Sam Mendes will begin filming the 24th James Bond film on Dec. 6, with the main cast members meeting for a table read that date at Pinewood Studios.

Daniel Craig will return as the iconic British spy for his fourth Bond movie. Also reprising their roles will be Ralph Fiennes as M, Naomie Harris as Eve Moneypenny, Rory Kinnear as Bill Tanner and Ben Whishaw as Q.

Mendes, who directed the last Bond pic,”Skyfall,” is helming from a script by John Logan that was rewritten by the team of Neal Purvis and Robert Wade. The three scribes collaborated on “Skyfall.”

MGM, Sony and producers Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli announced last summer that they had locked in release dates for the film, setting the U.K. launch for Oct. 23, 2015, and U.S. for Nov. 6, 2015.

“Skyfall” is the top grosser in the franchise with $1.1 billion worldwide, the best DVD/Blu-Ray seller and the all-time best performer at the U.K. box office. It also won Oscars for Adele’s original song and sound editing.

MGM, Sony and Wilson-Broccoli’s Eon had no comment on the news, first reported by the British website MI6.

1. Bomdgirl says:

Totally agree – I grew up with Ian Fleming’s Bond not Barbara Broccoli’s pathetic attempt! Daniel Craig is nothing like James Bond ( dark haired, suave and womanising was Fleming’s description ) Cubby would be disapppointed in his daughter.

2. James Tomas says:

I’ll be more than happy to play the villain! I’ll even play the tall henchman if I have to I just want to be a bond villain.

3. michaelgreenan says:

I hope it features James Bond kicking ISIS ass. I would definitely go to the theater for that.

4. Gail Anne Haley says:

I think it should be called Afterglow and Carol E Song I Belong To You.

5. Bobby says:

And the name of the new Bond flic is…

6. I think Anna Mouglalis, Emma Stone, or Mila Kunis would make a good Bond Girl!

7. James Jones says:

Any word on the role to be played by Chiwetel Ejiofor? Has his casting been confirmed? There’s great speculation that he’ll be playing Ernst Blofeld now that Eon owns his rights. The idea for Quantum was sound as Bond needs a suitable villain but in this latest film it should be blown-up and reformed as SPECTRE with the glorious return of one of the most iconic villains in 20th century film.

8. Chickiebid says:

Haven’t seen the last don’t plan on seeing the next. I grew up with Bond and am a diehard fan but Craig sucks as Bond, Neil Wade and Robert Purvis suck as writers and Albert Broccoli must be spinning in his grave.

9. kowetas says:

With the same writing and directing team I have little hope that it will be better than Skyfall, but I hope it is.

10. anthony says:

jonh jarret of wolf creek movies would be a great villian

11. Harsh Vardhan says:

Ocsm news of the year

12. I loved Adele’s song for Skyfall, but the movie left a lot to be desired… a lot of the script was fairly ridiculous and falls apart under any logical scrutiny, and wasn’t even all that enjoyable, that being said, I’ve loved the Bond series since I was a kid in the ’70s, and I will be a diehard fan for the rest of my life… but I really have high high high expectations for this movie, and it will mean a lot concerning my opinion of the direction the franchise is going… Fingers crossed! I am really intrigued to find out who will do the song… maybe Lorde would be a good choice?

13. Jackrich sextus says:

what is the title of the new Bond movie?

14. I’m a huge 007 fan, Daniel Craig is the Best James Bond ever!

15. Carrington Josephs says:

I’m a huge 007 fan,but please allow me say that Daniel Craig is the worst James Bond ever!

• VoodooLiveandLetDie says:

lolwat? Guess you missed the Tim Dalton years. Thank your lucky stars for that one mate, you haven’t missed anything. Not sure why the hate towards Skyfall, it was an excellent movie. All the hard hitting action of the new Bonds plus a return to some of the campy cheesiness that made the originals so good.

16. Jane Ernst says:

My husband and I are big James Bond Movie fans.

17. Has anyone heard a title other than BOND 24????

18. I felt like Quantum of Solace was better than Skyfall =[

19. Jamie T D says:

My question is though is will the film be ready for the October release date?

20. Paul lane says:

It’s 1983 all over again. Octopussy ( and Never Say Never Again) opens a month after Star Wars Return Of The Jedi . Bond 24 opens 1 month in front of Star Wars 7. Obviously spaced far enough apart to share (swamp) all the IMAX screens! Savy, The years SW is released are historically lucrative years for the film biz.

• shoveinitupmybungho says:

so you think return of the jedi tanked octopussy. Octopussy tanked octopussy. sorry but episode 7 is not going to make that much money. the franchise has been dead for so long. Your a fool if you think 007 is going to ever lose money, they make more money each time