Guy Pearce Joins Kristen Stewart and Nicholas Hoult in ‘Equals’

Guy Pearce

Guy Pearce will join Kristen Stewart and Nicholas Hoult in the futuristic indie movie “Equals.”

Filming is set to commence in Japan and Singapore in August. Mister Smith Entertainment is handling international sales on the film and launched the project to buyers at the recent Cannes Film Market, selling the film in over 35 territories.

UTA Independent Film Group arranged financing and will sell the North American rights to the film.

Drake Doremus, who worked with Pearce on his feature “Breathe In,” is directing from a script by Nathan Parker.

Ridley Scott’s Scott Free is producing with Route One. Producers are Scott, Michael Schaefer, Ann Ruark, and Jay Stern and Chip Diggins of Route One, who are also financing. Executive producers are Mike Pruss, Lee Jea Woo,  Choi Pyung Ho and Russell Levine.

“Equals” is set in a world where there is no greed, no poverty, no violence, and no emotion. But a new disease is threatening everyone: SOS, or Switched-On-Syndrome, activating depression, sensitivity, fear, love — and once a person is overtaken, they are sent away  and never seen again.

Pearce can been in “The Rover” and his credits include “The King’s Speech,” “Animal Kingdom,” John Hillcoat’s “Lawless” and Kathryn Bigelow’s The Hurt Locker.” He’s represented by CAA, Sally Long-Innes at Independent Talent Group and by Anne Churchill-Brown at Shanahan Management.

1. july says:

so much excited of the movie…hoping to see Kristen Stewart in person

2. ndnwmn says:

It would make sense that they would cross paths in this arena, Pattinson, Pearce and Stewart are all partial to Indie movies….I look forward to their work…

3. Julie soule says:

Rob is calling Kristen saying hey ya gotta work with Julliane, next film, work with Julliette, hey ya gotta work with ……. and on and on

4. ndnwmn says:

Three of my favorites….The film sounds fascinating….

5. Pau says:

This movie seems similar to The Giver.

6. If any of the haters would sit back and watch all her movies they would certainly change their point of view of her. She is really great at what she does and I’m one of her biggest movie fan. I have everyone of her movies. Even Cutlass it’s just a 15 min short.

7. Sam says:

This movie keeps getting better and better, and it’s not a YA thing or a franchise. Looks good.

8. Juliejac says:

I love Kristen she is super movie star way do they always bring up her past? Don’t here other stars being hated on.

9. It turned out they were both dating other people as well as each other but the press didn’t want to talk about that once it came out did they?

10. I don’t understand why people are so hateful to Kristen even rob I liked him once but he would not even give her any slack he’s no angel for sure

11. Jr says:

I am team kristen! I have nothing against her nor Rob. In fact when I started seeing their movies ” Twilight” I was only a Rob fan then I realized that she is really good. Even rigth now I admire her courage and humility. So to people who never stop being mean to her ” GET OVER WITH IIT”

12. Jr says:

I am sure they would work well all together. They are good actors and could hardly wait to see the movie. I notice that Rob and Kristen are doing merry go around with people they work in the movie for example… Rob w/ Juliet B in Cosmopolis, then Kris w/ Juliet in Clouds …; Rob & Julian Moore in Maps to the Star the Kristen w/ Julianne in Still Alice….; Rob w/ Guy Pierrce in Rover and now Kristen w/ Guy P in Equals and not to mention Mila Kaws..w/ Rob in Maps to the Stars then Kristen w/ Mila’s boyfriend in American Ultra.I hope they both make a movie together in the future and forget their fast. They don’t have to be in a relationship.

13. Danielle says:

No emotion? Sounds like the perfect role for Kristen Stewart.

• GG says:

No, actually. The society has eradicated emotion, but SHE has plenty. Reading comprehension.

• Janice says:

I noticed the same thing how they’re working with the same ppl and how both are just getting better and better at their craft. Also, Guy Pearce is building an interesting career. I like his work.

• James says:

Wow, mature. Some people are so blinded by hate, she is actually very fun in person; I know as I have had the pleasure of meeting her, maybe it was for all of 20 seconds but she was smiley and warm and lovely to me and my friends when she was getting into her car. I hate how certain people are so negative about her when nobody will really know the REAL her. I don’t blame Kristen for being so private and hard faced, I would be if I were in her situation.