Frank Darabont in Talks to Direct ‘Snow White and the Huntsman’ Spinoff

Snow White and the Huntsman Spinoff

Movie to focus on Chris Hemsworth's 'Hunstman' character

“The Walking Dead” creator Frank Darabont is in talks to direct a spinoff to the box-office hit “Snow White and the Huntsman,” which would focus on the Huntsman character Chris Hemsworth played in the original.

Sources tell Variety Kristen Stewart may appear in the film but the role would be very small, possibly a cameo.

Joe Roth returns as a producer.

“Snow White and the Huntsman” made nearly $400 million at the worldwide box-office and with Hemsworth becoming one of Hollywood’s biggest draws, the studio saw an opportunity for something new and fresh after Darabont pitched them an story idea that centered around that character.

Darabont last directed “The Mist” starring Thomas Jane. He is repped by CAA.

TheWrap first reported the news.

1. doc says:

The movie was terrible but I would definitely watch a Darabont directed Huntsman movie starring Chris Hemsworth.

2. Sam says:

I would love to see more of the huntsman! Really enjoyed SWATH except for Kristin Stewart’s horrible acting. I laughed when she made her speech. The less I see of her the better the movie sounds to me

3. Edwin says:

I disagree with variety, Kristen Stewart shouldn’t appear in the film
    plan de marketing

4. juanita jordan says:

we already know the huntsman story, the evil queen’s brother killed his wife. end of story.

5. therealeverton says:

I’m happy IF it doesn’t mean they are dumping SWATH pt.2. Also if she’s in a cameo does that mean it can still be a prequel.as in sequel terms we’re much happier to see what happens to Huintsman with regards to Snow White.

6. DB says:

This is funny to me. Who is Universal possibly going to market a Huntsman movie to? Fanboys of Thor, except now it’s an axe instead of a hammer? I liked SWATH, thought it particularly good visually and liked some of the turns on the original material. Didn’t care for Theron’s hamfisted over-acting, but really only went to see a fairy tale movie because Stewart was in it.

7. Sam says:

Kristen does not need to be in this movie. She has been choosing good, interesting, diverse and mature roles in indie movies, and getting great reviews. Her career seems to be going well. She should keep moving forward instead of going back to the Snow White character.

8. AG says:

No large role for Kristen Stewart? Is the studio nuts? I only saw the film because of Kristen Stewart, and was so looking forward to the sequel because of her. No Kristen Stewart carrying the show, then there’s no reason to see a spin off.

9. darrell says:

I hope they put Kristen stewart in a bigger role, she’s the only reason I saw the SWATH in the first place!, I hope its a prequel, a sequel makes no sense.

10. nycrn says:

Noooo please. The Mist is one awful movie.

11. Me says:

That would be fantastic. I found the huntsman far more interesting and likeable than Snow White!

12. Lori says:

So does this mean that there will NOT be a sequel to SWATH, or SWATH2 as it has been dubbed?

13. Brewster says:

Since when is Frank Darabont the creator of THE WALKING DEAD? That would be Robert Kirkman.

• Lori says:

Darabont developed and executive-produced the first season of The Walking Dead, the AMC series based on Robert Kirkman’s comic book of the same name.