bryan-singer
Charley Gallay/Getty Images

In the light of the sexual abuse allegations made against “X-Men: Days of Future Past” director Bryan Singer, Fox addressed the developing controversy in a statement Thursday.

“These are serious allegations, and they will be resolved in the appropriate forum. This is a personal matter, which Bryan Singer and his representatives are addressing separately,” reads the statement from Fox spokesman Chris Petrikin.

Fox is releasing Singer’s “X-Men” film on May 23. In a lawsuit filed Wednesday in Hawaii, plaintiff Michael Egan claims he was flown to Hawaii from California multiple times in 1999 and forced to have non-consensual sex with Singer. Egan was 17 at the time of the alleged sexual assault and said he was 15 when the abuse started. He is now 31.

Singer’s lawyer, Marty Singer, called the lawsuit “absurd and defamatory” and “completely without merit.” Egan and his attorney, Jeff Herman, held a press conference on Thursday, during which Egan said he had been treated like a “piece of meat.”

Filed Under:

Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
Post A Comment 11