First Look: ‘Z for Zachariah’ Starring Chris Pine, Margot Robbie, Chiwetel Ejiofor

Z for Zachariah First Look
Lotus Entertainment

Variety has the exclusive first look photo from Craig Zobel’s “Z for Zachariah,” starring Chris Pine, Margot Robbie and Chiwetel Ejiofor.

Adapted from Robert C. O’Brien post-apocalyptic 1974 novel, the thriller follows a small-town girl (Robbie) who lives alone on a farm in the only valley with breathable air in the wake of nuclear war. Her world is turned upside down when two strangers wander in from the forest.

The film is directed by Craig Zobel, produced by Material Pictures, and exec produced by Lucky Hat Entertainment along with Silver Reel and Lotus Entertainment, who is handling international sales.

The sci-fier is slated for release next year.

1. David Odell says:

Just finished reading the book. We were just in New Zealand and stayed at the house where the movie was filmed. Great setting.

2. Loren Piotrowski says:

I have taught this book to my 7th graders for years. I hope I will be able to show them this movie. The plot is different from the book, so I’m hoping it’s good. :)

3. Dana Cord says:

Great book would be interested to know who has written the screenplay – cast fantastic and Zobel has good reputation, will be interesting to see his interpretation of this.

4. I am glad that Z for Zachariah got some positive news. Good luck to the future and I hope that the film isn’t buried by so many action/ big name film.

5. CR says:

I saw a test screening of this in Pasadena last month. It’s slow and challenging, but very powerful by the end, and cast is absolutely fantastic.

6. I can’t wait to see the movie Z for Zachariah when it finally hit the movie theater. I must remember to check the library and read Z for Zachariah the movie again. Good luck to the movie.

7. Rich S. says:

Looks awesome. Can’t wait to see Margot Robbie in this.

8. therealeverton says: