‘Fifty Shades’ Poster Debuts: ‘Mr. Grey Will See You Now’

Fifty Shades of Grey Casting

Christian Grey’s rear view is front and center in the new poster released by Universal Pictures for the steamy movie that opens Feb. 14, 2015.

The image will appear on jumbo-sized billboards in five locations in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, San Francisco and Vancouver, where the film is currently shooting. Irish actor Jamie Dornan stars as the domineering billionaire Christian Grey with Dakota Johnson as his virginal conquest.

fifty shades movie poster

1. Glenn C. says:

I see (of course) a lot of women posting their comments (some are on the mark) and being a guy here posting this and having never really read the books, I think just from what I have read about the books it DOES seem very likely that the producers HAVE in fact did a major screw up with the present casting!!!! Like what??!!! Casting is so important. This poster too looks odd to me. Why? The guy looks short! Grey needs to be tall. Not on the short side. Part of his mystique character. Wouldn’t surprise me if it doesn’t end up not taking in so much money. Time will tell.

2. If you want real sensual literary erotica read Anais Nin this garbage can’t possibly compare, couldn’t get through the first “book”, had to skim and even then that proved painful.

3. guest says:

I’m sick of this whole project and the film hasn’t even been released. The producers must be doing something WRONG! I read the books when they first came out and never really understood the hype. I guess it’s because James is the queen of viral marketing and social media. Once she became famous she really started to annoy me with her pompous behavior. She’s probably the only erotica writer on the planet who’s embarrassed to talk about sex in interviews! I have absolutely no desire to see this film no matter how many billboards or trailers they come up with in the next 12 months. This project has lost its appeal to me the day they cast Dakota Johnson and that male lead who was probably the last name on their casting list. Word of mouth travels fast these days. Once the film is released people will tear it to pieces if it isn’t any good and doesn’t live up to all the fuss the producers are making right now. T

4. grace says:

Can’t wait to see the movie. I read all the books. This movie is going to make a lot of money!!

5. Lauren says:

*Yawn to the movie poster and to everything I’ve seen coming out on this film. I enjoyed the books but the team assembled for the movie has turned me off of wanting to support anything involving the movie. The pompous self importance of EL James and the producers throughout the whole thing has been a complete turnoff. Mocking and showing disdain for your potential audience doesn’t sit well with those who are not of the sheep mentality.

6. Susy says:

I loved the books so much and can’t wait for the movie. I just hope the movie does the books justice.

7. Annie says:

First they horribly cast this film and have to think of ways to reel people back in…they move it from it’s original 2014 release date because of big competition with Marvel and the summertime World Cup, to VALENTINES DAY WEEKEND of all weekends (really?) where’s there no competition and women can more easily convince their sig others to take them, then they say they’re producing 2 versions – rated R and NC17 to target a bigger audience, and now they’re going to be making a big overproduction for the film with these posters and billboards and god knows what else! Seriously it’s like they know it’s going to suck and they need to have all these different ways to try and make for big box office earnings. Pathetic. As a big fan of these books, this team has already ruined it for me with this cast.

8. Lauren says:

I’m a huge fan of the books but I’m not seeing this film with these actors, especially Dakota. Couldn’t have picked a more opposite of the character actor to play her. I know they were desperate but jeez! These actors will taint the books for me. No thanks.

9. Mary says:

It doesn’t even come out on Valentines Day! It’s Valentine’s Day WEEKEND. Pathetic weekend too if you ask me. Desperate much?

10. Sandy says:

White Collar commercial/promo rip off.

11. Big Daddy D says:

I’ll wait and see…if this sucks as much as the books did. What a load of crap those were.

• Taylor says:

Don’t even waste your money. Wait till it’s at the red box. Don’t contribute to the possible makings of 2 more of these!