‘Dork Diaries’ Becomes a Movie with ‘Twilight’ Producer

Dork Diares

Lionsgate’s Summit Entertainment has acquired movie rights to Rachel Renee Russell’s young teen book series “Dork Diaries.”

“Twilight” producer Karen Rosenfelt is in negotiations to produce at her Sunswept Entertainment banner.

The book follows eighth grader Nikki Maxwell as she chronicles her new school, mean girls, best friends and first crushes.

Published by Aladdin, a division of Simon & Schuster Children’s Publishing, “Dork Diaries” has over 13 million copies in print with a seventh book due out in the summer and and eighth in the fall.  Publishing rights for the series have been sold in over 35 countries with translation into 32 different languages.

Rosenfelt produced all five installments of “The Twilight Saga” for Summit. She also produced both “Percy Jackson” films, “Yogi Bear” and “Marley and Me.”

Erik Feig, co-president of Lionsgate Motion Picture Group, will oversee the project for the studio along with John Sacchi, Bree Bailey and Jessica Switch.

The author is represented by Daniel Lazar at Writers House LLC and Eddie Gamarra at Gotham Group.

1. jude says:

so is the movie produced or not ? if not , when is it gonna finish

2. Isabela Colin says:

How do we get an audition for the movie, I would love to play Nikki Maxwell.

3. Tina Aganye says:

I’ll do great for zoey i’m about to be 14 i’m African American i have brown dark hair and i act just like zoey

4. Jacqueline calvillo says:

Look I want to audition for this movie but I have no idea if they already held the auditions or when,but I would love to auditions as Nikki or zoey.
    About me:
    Hispanic
    Brown eyes
    Dark brown hair
    Around 5’4
    Weight around 130 pounds
    Highscholl freshman
    Light brown skin
    If anyone can tel me where these auditions are being held please tell me.

5. Electra says:

I also want to audition if you would let me!!

6. Electra says:

I would absolutely love love love to be Nikki Maxwell in Dork Diaries because i consider myself a dork because I’m a 12 year old girl how it obsessed with Dork Diaries so it would be a dream come true if i could star as Nikki Maxwell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!So please star me as Nikki Maxwell pretty pretty please!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Destiny says:

I would love to play the role of Nikki please let me know if non famous people could audition ASAP

8. Lorelei Bearss says:

I would love to audition for the movie, if anyone knows Hiw to make that happen that would be great :)

9. Kayla says:

Sorry i meant to say IF they let non-celebrities audition:) oh yeah and I totally love art! I absolutely love drawing

10. Kayla says:

Hi! OMG, I cant believe their making a dork diaries movie, this is so cool! I’d absolutely love to pay the role of Nikki and they let non-celebrities audition :) I have brown hair,taken acting classes (been on stage numerous times),was in the choir when I was younger (got a prize for a cute kids singing competition when i was REALLY little),have an annoying sibling so I can relate, 13 years old,know the character of Nikki really well and I’m just a total dork! (in the best way!) so if anyone has any information what so ever on the auditions, please reply? Thanks!

11. Reanne says:

wow this is amazing i can’t wait could please tell the date of when its out im not interested in ayditioning though im too shy

12. Sofia says:

I would love to audition for the role of Nikki, I’ve read all the books. My dad makes movies, and I have been in one, and I can totally relater to Nikki, if you are looking for auditions please reply!

-Sofia

• maddy says:

ive wanted people to make a movie for dork diaries for a long time and i wanna play nikki
      and since they already did diary of a wimpy kid and dear dumb diary i knew they were gonna do dork diaries at some point

13. Caitlin says:

Hi I’m 14 and i would love to audition for a role if u know where and when they are it would be lovely if u would let me know

• Caitlin says:

I act in my city theater group the cool kid players at the Selma arts center and I’m good at remembering lines I’m even going to be doing legally blonde the musical soon soo yea

14. LusciousLavender says:

Well i was gonna audition for Nikki but i look and act more like Zoe.But there’s more chance of me being abducted by aliens than going to the audition much less get the part. I don’t live in America or UK so my dreams are down the drain.

15. Emma Schlicher says:

I NEED to audition for Nikki. I’ve always been into theatre and I can pull off a really good dork. I kinda am one so it wouldn’t be THAT hard. Its also really funny to see who will be playing Mackenzie. I’ve read every single Dork Diaries books at least 21 times (21 lol) except the newest 2 because I think I’m getting them for Christmas but at my book fair I was NOT gonna buy 2 $14.00 books! I mean come on! NOBODY WOULD!!!!!! And get this, they were soft covers!! The hard covers were freaking $20.00!!!!

16. Emily Druga says:

I really want to audition for the role of Nikki maxwell cause I’ve read all of the books at least 10 times each I am not joking 😍😀

• Audri says:

OMG!Id love to be Nikkis little sister or Mackenzie. I’m 10 5’1 love your books white and a great gymnast and cheerleader and love to sing

17. Taia Oneill says:

OMG! It it going to be with real people or cartoon. Because ever since I have read the first book I wanted to b e nikki in a movie. and I am an actress t

18. felicia Brown says:

I think this movie is going to be awesome!!! I can’t wait to see it with my nieces! I love this book series and I am an adult!!!