Dan Stevens, Oren Moverman Team Up for ‘The Ticket’ (EXCLUSIVE)

Dan Stevens Oren Moverman

Moverman would produce the pic starring the 'Downton Abbey' thesp

Continuing his run of strong dramatic roles, Dan Stevens has come on to star in indie “The Ticket” with Oren Moverman producing.

Ido Fluk is directing with Lawrence Inglee joining Moverman as a producer. Fluk wrote the script with Sharon Mashishi.

The pic follows a blind man who regains his vision only to be engulfed in selfishness, blinded by his obsession for the superficial.

The film will begin production this August in upstate New York.

Fluk directed the 2011 Israeli film “Never Too Late.”

Stevens has had a busy 2014 thus far beginning with his dark turn in “The Guest” which premiered at Sundance and led to strong reviews for the young actor. He can be seen next alongside Liam Neeson in the Cross Creek pic “A Walk Among Tombstones” and also has “The Cobbler” starring Adam Sandler and “Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb” bowing later this year.

He recently wrapped production on the ensemble drama “Criminal Activities.” He is repped by WME and Julian Belfrage Associates.

1. Ioana says:

Dan is a very versatile actor! As much as I miss him in Downton Abbey (he played Matthew Crawley brilliantly), he is doing so well in the USA. He was great in The Guest!!! He is a very talented actor who can easily play different roles, not to mention his gorgeous looks!!!! I wish him well and such good luck!!!

2. lakeshore1 says:

He has three films coming out this fall. He got rave reviews at Sundance for “The Guest”. He’s worked almost non-stop since Downton ended (six films so far in the can). Seems to me he’s doing just fine. Matthew who?

• eva says:

Six films which capture a short attention span do not equal the popularity or staying power of a Downton Abbey. Quantity does not mean quality.

3. eva says:

I honestly think that he has made a huge mistake. Downton is so beloved. Characters such as Matthew Crawley only happen once in a lifetime. i think he will grow more obscure as time passes.

• nevarv says:

I miss the character in the Abbey, too. In fact, I stopped watching it all together past episode 4 season 4 because I just couldn’t get over the fact that the whole Mary/Matthew plot was over. I was a bit surprised to find how much I have been liking the changed Mary and how impossible I found to accept the previous Mary. Having said that, I think for Stevens a big part of the problem was the lack of co-operation between writer and actors. It’s been said many times that Fellowes writes whatever HE decides and doesn’t accept any advice or request. Matthew was turning into Mary’s door mat at one point, the character had nothing to actually do except browsing the Downton grounds, and I can’t blame Stevens for wanting out of it all. I also think that the Abbey itself should have ended with season 3 and a different ending on top of that. Naturally, the greed won’t let them stop it until it starts falling beyond salvation.

• Lou says:

That being said, you’re right about the rarity of something as special as Downton in someone’s career. I would’ve loved him to stay with it a while longer – I really miss Matthew on it.

• Lou says:

A mistake if the measure of success is how big a ‘star’ he is in the public eye, perhaps. In his exit interview from Downton though he mentioned wanting to try the challenge of different things, which is exactly what he’s achieving with such a variety of roles like this. Who’s to say he made a bad choice if he’s achieving what he wanted to do?

4. Jeff says:

He’s an intelligent and amazing actor…but he will forever be associated with Matthew’s character in Downton Abbey. Just like the actors from Friends sitcom

5. PETER says:

Seems he was smart to use DOWNTON ABBEY as a stepping stone and got out of the hit show asap as soon as he was a recognized star.