New Image of Ben Affleck as Batman in ‘Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice’

New Image of Ben Affleck as

DC Entertainment has released a new image of Ben Affleck in the Batsuit in “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.”

SEE ALSO: More Photos From Comic-Con

The image is part of a 75th anniversary montage of Batman images created for Comic-Con that shows the character’s various representations on film, TV and as games, toys and clothing. The photo can be seen at DC’s booth on the show floor of the San Diego Convention Center.

“Yes, as fans have started pointing out, within the dozens of photos and illustrations on the wall is a brand new image of Batman from the upcoming film ‘Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice,'” the company wrote on its blog on DCComics.com. “The filmmakers wanted to include this new cinematic version of the Dark Knight in the anniversary mosaic so it could be discovered by fans.”

1. Catherine says:

Ben Affleck is Batman. His brooding presence is perfect. He is a talented actor and director. If you don’t ‘get’ him, it is your loss.

2. Scatman Crothers says:

I’m not sure I want to see this Spiderman vs. Iron Man movie. I mean, aren’t there enough of these superhero mashup movies already? We’ll see how Brad Pitt does as Daredevil, but I think The Silver Surfer will mop the floor with him. Good luck Marvel, a Ving Rhames and Patrick Swayze fight, woo hoo!

3. Jason says:

Ben Affleck looks absolutely AMASING! This is the BATMAN that I’ve been waiting to see!
    Ben looks like Frank Miller’s BATMAN!

4. zraick says:

I think it is a little weird to have the knitted brow (worried lines or painful) look sculpted into the mask.

5. Pain says:

I BELIEVE IN BATFLECK.

6. Andy Cahill says:

Speak for ur self I loved man of steel .. people moaning cos of the destruction gets me it was a alian attack we get that much destruction in a normal war and deaths its the same people who say supermans too powerful no one gives him a battle first time they do people moan again ..if supermanvwud hav defeated zod easily wud no destruction people would have hated it same and said superman always gets the job done with no struggle boaring..cant win no matter what

7. I’m sorry, but that cleft chin of Affleck’s has got to go! And what’s up with the furrowed brow on the bat cowl? That looks ridiculous! Hope they make improvements! Can’t wait to see Aquaman! Hope they do him justice!

• Desiree says:

I am not a fan of Ben’s acting, however, if you look at the comic character of Bruce Wayne, he has a cleft chin, so it is closer to the comic book character.

8. Roxanne says:

Yeah! Let’s sled ride off his chin….but really, he is not a sex symbol and doesn’t fit

• bigmoinaz says:

not only that, how is anyone supposed to hide their identity with a cleft chin like that and not be outed! LOL! Besides, I’ve hated Ben Affleck ever since he portrayed Jack Ryan in that God awful movie of a Tom Clancy classic!

• Shane says:

You’re saying the cleft chin gives away his identity??? Are you kidding me? Maybe so, but Nobody knows who Superman is and all he does is change his hair and remove his spectacles lmao!

9. dave says:

Keaton was best. Bale was great too, but the over the top voice was ridiculous. Everything else about Bale was great. All the rest were just awful. Gotham turned into some neon festival. The vette Batmobile was definately the best. Bales Batmobile is a close second. I like the pic. He looks like the batman in The Dark Knight, where incidinately Batman fought Superman. If you have read Frank Millers “The Dark Knight” ur missin out. My 2 cents

10. Pabsmets says:

A lot of comments discrediting Affleck already. Has anyone seen the picture? His face structure (including ridiculous chin) have all the makings of a great batman masked face. As for the Bale comparisons, stop. Nolan and his infinite condescending artistic vision made a batman that stands alone in that universe. While massive plot holes didn’t help to validate bale one way or the other, Christian Bale did what he could with the character constructed within lifeless parameters but bale batman is a lifeless interpretation of comic book character via a director who’s more interested in showing off how “artistic” and “smart” he is. Glad this version of batman is being put together with the DC universe in mind.

11. I’m disappointed with Zack Snyder’s Batman suit. It’s a spandex suit right (Correct me if i’m wrong) and it’s not an armor it’s just a Superman suit turned into a Batsuit.

12. Steven says:

I’m sorry, there is nobody that can replace Christian Bale as Batman. Ben Affleck? Really??! Did anyone see “Daredevil?” It was a flop and he was awful!!

• Roam says:

You got to be kidding me. Bale as the best Batman ever? I would even put him as a runner up. He played a decent Bruce Wayne. He had the cheek bones, but he was waaaay under sized and sounded like he smoked two packs a day for 40 years. Nolans Batman was made to work in the “real world” but would never stand up to the foes Batmans faced in the comics. You need bigger, harder and more attitude.

• Batman says:

lol, Christian Bale. He didn’t play Batman/Bruce Wayne. He just played an average guy trying to be Batman.

• @Batman are you on drugs or something? (Just Kidding) Bale is the greatest Batman. The second is Keaton and the third is Kilmer and the worst Batman for me is George Clooney.

• Jude Mathis says:

Christian Bale wasn’t really that great to me! He was a good Bruce Wayne, but I hated the way he portrayed Batman with his ridiculously over-the-top and incomprehensible voice! -_-

13. Nathaniel Scott says:

Nooooo somebody tell Zack to make the bat ears longer!!!!

• Roam says:

No way, this is taken right out of from the DKR by Frank Miller, it might not be what were use to seeing and not a lot people have seen or read some of the awesome Bat stories out there, but DKR was prolly one of the best, and this is the exact look they are going for.

14. Mitch Driggers, I have an underbite….believe me, Ben Affleck has no underbite, or a very minor one…and so what. Oh, that is right…it is all about the face, naturally, especially in Hollywood. I’m excited anyway.

15. Quadra says:

The mask comes with furrowed brow !!! Awesome!

16. Peggy says:

Ben Affleck is yummy and I can’t wait to see the movie!

17. Tyler Hwang says:

You guys do realize Daredevil came out 11 years ago, right? Not to mention he can only do so much when given a terrible script and the directing is poor. I think ‘conformity’ applies to the hatred for Ben Affleck here. He has had many great roles, and has come a long way since Daredevil. The irony is that because so many people look at Ben Affleck negatively, they will be nitpicking everything to support their outlook — so even if he realistically does an outstanding job, many people still will not acknowledge him. Anyway, I think the buff, rugged look fits considering he is facing one of the strongest beings ever known to exist.

• Jessie says:

I agree with your comments. People forget that the same thing was pretty much said about Michael Keaton prior to his Batman films. He turned out to be in my opinion the best Batman so far. Christian Bale did a good job and I liked his version. I can’t wait to see Affleck in action as the Dark Knight and I think he will do a great job.

• Dave says:

• JudgeMethos says:

Amen! People are gonna hate just because they can. The guy is a WAY better actor now then he was back then. Plus, he WANTS to own that role which is even better. I think, and I’ve said it on here yesterday, that people are gonna be surprised.

• Nathaniel Scott says:

I say the same thing. Haters all have one thing in common, “No Idea”.

18. Looks like somebody took an ax to his Chin

19. I think he might do a good job. He was really good in Dare Devil. We will see.

20. Jesse Ortega says:

I’ve got to agree with Justin Yates. It is the chin. Also, when he takes off the mask, it’s all over. I just can’t see Ben in this role. However, He wasn’t bad as “Dare Devil. We’ll see.

21. i’m still wondering why they jumped straight to old man batman? batman and superman should both be around the same age but old man batman is after the justice league days so why is Hollywood fucking up the time line and why is DC letting them? and why oh why the hell not just keep the dark knight suit but tailor it for affleck since we seem to be stuck with him despite public outrage at the choice

• Jessie says:

For one thing, it’s been widely reported that the Nolan Batman was in a different continuity. Superman and the others didn’t exist. It would be unoriginal to utilize the same suit and so far, I’m impressed with what I have seen.

22. Larry Brooks says:

There is practically never a problem with the look of anything in these films (except for the hated Joel Schumacher bat-suits). It’s ALWAYS been the stories. Warners has shown it will throw $150 million at a movie – and yet have someone like Akiva Goldsman write the script… I want a Superman that’s equal in sharpness and quality writing equal to Dawn of the Planet of the Apes.

• Daniel says:

Superman doesn’t age. He’s not human. He’s an alien. Read The Dark Knight Returns (which Superman vs. Batman: Dawn of Justice is loosely based upon–Batman is in his late fifties/early sixties, but Superman/Clark Kent still looks the exact same as always.)

23. Justin Yates says:

As long as he never takes the mask off it should be ok, but one he takes it off and you see his face the movie is ruined.

24. Justin Yates says:

They only chose him because of his 1990’s superhero style cleft chin.

25. I hate this. He’s going to ruin Batman just like he ruined Daredevil.

26. StuYo says:

He looks excellent as Batman. As far as script/direction/acting we will see. But you definitely can’t deny he has the real comic book Batman look.

27. Larry Brooks says:

This sort of thing has gotten to the point where it’s TOTALLY RIDICULOUS. I don’t care anymore.
    Just put the damn movie out. It will either work or not work – be a hit or a bomb – ONLY if you morons at Warner Bros. have paid enough to get a DAMN GOOD SCRIPT. —Haven’t you idiots learned that the best director, best producers, best actors CAN’T ACCOMPLISH ANYTHING WITHOUT A GOOD STORY? I pray there was no interference from you creep VPs in the front office – the real goons in the studio!!

28. Mike says:

I don’t know about the cleft chin. We’ll see.

29. Vincent Drysdale says:

The comments by those concerned about his acting made me think of a piece of advice that Jack Nicholson gave to Michael Keaton: “Let the suit do the acting.”. If Affleck does that, judging by this photo, he should be OK.

• Matt says:

That still doesn’t mean that he will be able to act the part of Bruce Wayne…I mean remember Daredevil…./shudder.

30. It is going to be tough to live up to the performance Michael Keaton gave us.

31. Jen says:

His head is too big for those tiny ears!

• Justin Ward says:

You obviously have not seen The Dark Knight Returns. Frank Miller drew him almost exactly like that; with a big head and tiny ears. Looked pretty cool.

• Roam says:

Justin nailed it, it works, and I love how they are going with the whole DKR look, it’s gonna be bad ass, I’m not a big Ben Affleck fan but I’ll leave the judging up to when I see the movie.

32. Jacques Strappe says:

There have been lots of actors to fill the bat suit. Affleck is just as capable of doing a good job or mediocre as any other actor. Not really a role that requires a tremendous range of acting beyond brooding especially wearing the cowl. Bizarre and a bit sad that some are dissing the movie as an epic fail without ever seeing it. Time to move out of your parents basement, dudes and get a real life.

33. Darling me says:

Does he leave his toupee on under the mask?

• The Flash says:

Did not know he uses a toupee… are you sure on that??

• Cinda says:

Really, Darling me? You’re going to harp on the man’s hairpiece? Who are you going to pick on next ? William Shatner? John Travolta? I didn’t even know he was wearing a headpiece. That’s a Dam good one. He still is fine!

34. Michelangelo says:

It’s never been an issue of having the right chin for the poster. It’s all about Ben Afflecks’ acting… or lack thereof. Let’s face it, he’s played the same guy in every movie. His characters are sympathetic guys in often lousy situations and these “guys” all sound and look the same. As if there’s a tall, frat boy in every aspect of our lives. And that’s just not true. There should not be a frat boy in Shakespeare’s England (Shakespeare in Love). But there he was. Affleck seems to be doing well as a director. It would be nice if he just directed and acted in his own movies and leave everyone else’s movie alone. I wouldn’t mind seeing his wife, Jennifer Garner, in more movies. I have to specifically write her name because it seems as though she gave up more when they got married. Whatever… BEN AFFLECK KILLED BATMAN.

• Rob says:

I am no huge Ben Affleck fan but I thought he was great in Hollywoodland and Argo. Those two roles come to mind when I think about your comment.

• RobEB says:

Yeah, you know who else played “the same guy” in every movie? Spencer Tracy, Humphrey Bogart, Jimmy Cagney, etc. I’d say if that’s the criteria for measuring performances, Affleck will be just fine.

• Xib says:

All the actors you mentioned are of the highest order. Affleck is not in their league. Your reasoning is not sound…so try again.

35. Ummm ALL OF YOU are going to see this film, so just stop being such hypocrites (to the negative comments)

• disappointed says:

Ummm, no, because it will suck. At best I’d watch 10-15 minutes of the “best scenes” on youtube but likely they will confirm whats already been predicted – movie will suck!

36. Ohhhhhhh. So gritty and dark and brooding. Must make it a great work of art. Realism and dark grittiness equal good artwork. Must spend money. Ohhhhhhh ahhhhhhh. Keep marketing with the realism/darkness style because I’m just another dumb American who will keep throwing money at your shitty movies if you pretend to be trendy by being dark and realistic.

• Max says:

Joel Schumacher, is that you?

• Hugh Jaynus says:

Realism and dark grittiness equal good artwork. – Actually it can, if it’s done well. And just like the dude below or above me said, Batman ALWAYS HAS BEEN dark and gritty. He’s been like that since day one! So if this movie is anywhere close to being dark and gritty, then it’s definitely going to be good.

• Robert Smith says:

Batman IS a dark and gritty story. Where the hell have you been?

37. Chris says:

I didn’t know batman was from Boston

38. Adam J says:

Glad to see Batman still takes the time to put on mascara before he fights crime.

39. Cinda says:

I think Ben Affleck is going to be the best Batman ever. He’s sexy, he’s talented and I love to watch him walk. His profile is awesome! Love me some Ben!!! Can’t wait to see the movie!

• Michelangelo says:

It’s sad but Hollywood has been listening to folks like Cindy for the past 90 years. Moviegoers more enamored by the person playing the character than the character or the story itself. Since Affleck is the ideal American man, as television and advertising have programmed us to believe, Cindy will want to see him in basically any movie. Cindy is the majority. Movies are just another activity to them and they do it half wittingly. And Hollywood is willing to use any literary property in any way to get folks like that to spend $10+ on a Friday night. It’s been their priority since the talkies came onto the scene.
      BEN AFFLECK KILLED BATMAN.

• Thomas G says:

You are delusional. He’ll be the worst.

40. come on, guys. It’s not like that’s Keanu Reeves up there trying to ham it up.

41. Quite awesome! I honestly believe Affleck is gonna murder this role (in a good way) since one of his career regrets is getting DD wrong. I liked DD’s extended cut but that’s neither here nor there. It’s obvious he has the look down but he’s become a MUCH better actor/director over the years. There’s no doubt in my mind that he’s gonna do EVERYTHING in his power to try and steal the show in this movie :-)

42. Sam says:

He looks fine. I’m not worried about Afleck as Batman. I ASSUME they’re making it a priority to develop his “Batman voice”. Bale’s was at times a little rediculous, but functional. Remember he can’t have people hear the Batman speak and realize they’ve heard that voice before. Hey, you’re Bruce Wayne. So yeah, you sound rediculous, but you don’t sound like who you really are, which is of highest importance. It’d be cool if he was to incorporate some sort of state of the art sonic technology, not something that simply down pitches his voice like is done in Arrow, and was also done in Smallville. But something that makes his voice..scary. Terrifying. Able to remotely tap into surrounding audio devices detected, which could obscure his position, or create the sonic illusion that he’s coming from the left, they he takes em from the right. You think your safe, driving away in your car, then you hear the batman over your car stereo. Something like that might be his most powerful weapon when dealing with Superman. His hearing is a great asset but if properly exploited, if could also prove to be a huge liability for Superman. Bats can’t go head to head with the man of steel, not even in the heaviest of battle suits. Superman just tears through that stuff. Misdrection and precise, surgically executed offensive moves should be his focus

• A.Waller says:

Having a good “Batman Voice” is as much about the contrast between Bruce and Bats as it is about the voice itself. I feel like if Affleck can hit a serious-but-deadpan voice as Batman, he’ll do fine if he contrasts it with a more schmoozy, airheaded Bruce Wayne(which I feel is pretty up his alley).

• Michelangelo says:

Batman’s mind is his most weapon. Superman’s not the sharpest shard of Kryptonite anyways.

• Danny says:

this is one of the best things i have ever heard. perfect and completely is the dark knight.

43. ALphaEXray says:

Ok, so what? Anybody with a chin could do this. The fact remains: it’s still Ben Aflac in that suit so it could all very well go straight down the crapper. Two so-so pics does nothing to bolster my faith in this film.

44. I’ve no doubt that Affleck would look good in the costume, but what’s going to happen when he opens his mouth?

45. Chelsea says:

I love you Ben Affleck, cant wait to see as my favorite childhood DC hero of all time.

46. He looks fantastic. He definitely has the profile for the character….

47. Joseph says:

Looks awesome. The 5 O’clock stubble makes for a worn Bruce Wayne/Batman.

48. Kirk Mason says:

nosejob

49. Joel Foust says:

This looks just like the dark knight returns! I like the beard stubble – shows his mind is in another place and his appearance doesn’t matter as much to him. The cleft in his chin reminds me of the current characters look in the arkham games.