Gus Van Sant says he’s eyeing Naomi Watts for the female lead in “Sea of Trees,” starring Matthew McConaughey. Alex Walton’s new shingle Bloom will represent international sales of the film at Cannes. CAA and WME rep domestic distribution rights. Story follows a suicidal American (McConaughey) who befriends a Japanese man (Ken Watanabe) lost in a forest near Mt. Fuji.
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- Entertainment One, Los Angeles, California
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- The Los Angeles Film School, Los Angeles CA
- Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, Inc., New York, New York
- MPCA, Los Angeles, California