In the Coldwater Canyon area of Beverly Hills, a 1.3-plus-acre gated estate owned by French apparel mogul Guy Attal was recently re-listed for $28.5 million, up from its last official asking price of $25.58 mil. The multi-winged main house, originally designed by lauded SoCal architect Paul Revere Williams, is configured with five principal bedrooms, two staff rooms, and a total of seven full and three half baths. A separate guest house adds another two bedrooms and 2.5 bathrooms, and the estate’s many recreational amenities include a swimming pool and spa, outdoor kitchen, tennis court, putting green and gaming pavilion with wood-paneled two-lane bowling alley. The house was built in 1941 for Bert Lahr, and was later owned or occupied by Betty Grable, Allen Ladd Jr., Don Johnson and Melanie Griffith, Ozzy and Sharon Osbourne and Paul McCartney, who — as it turns out — still owns a smaller spread across the street that he snagged in 2001 from Courtney Love.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- John Madden on Releasing Jessica Chastain Political Thriller ‘Miss Sloane’ in Trump era U.S.
- Playback: Dev Patel on ‘Lion’ and Diversity’s Double-Edged Sword
- ‘Moonlight,’ ‘Silence,’ ‘Stranger Things’ Among AFI Awards Official Selections
- Last Year’s Oscar Winners, This Year’s Contenders Land Grammy Nominations
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut