Nickelodeon Says It’s Mulling ‘React’ TV Series from YouTube’s Fine Bros. and Nick Cannon

Nickelodeon Says It's Mulling 'React' TV

YouTube comedy duo Benny and Rafi Fine, a.k.a. The Fine Bros., have teamed with actor-comedian-rapper Nick Cannon on a TV adaptation of their “React” series for Viacom’s Nickelodeon.

But at this point, Nick has only produced a pilot of the proposed series — to be called “ReactToThat” — with the YouTubers and Cannon, through his Ncredible Entertainment production company.

SEE ALSO: How Fullscreen Landed One of YouTube’s Hottest Properties: the Fine Bros.

“This is not a greenlit series and it has not been decided whether or not any episodes will be picked up,” Nick spokeswoman Ariana Urbont said in an emailed statement.

Nickelodeon has previously procured programming based on YouTube material, including a half-hour sketch-comedy show last year from DreamWorks Animation’s AwesomenessTV and multiple projects with Lucas Cruikshank (creator of the Fred Figglehorn character). Word of the Fine Bros.’s work with Nickelodeon was reported earlier by VideoInk.

The TV pilot of “ReactToThat” (denoted as a single word) is based on the Fine Bros.’s YouTube franchise, which comprises footage of people from various walks of life reacting to viral YouTube videos. According to sources, Nick is considering ordering 13 episodes of the series.

The show’s exec producers are Nick Cannon, Michael Goldman, Benny and Rafi Fine, and Max Benator, who is the Fine Bros.’s manager. The Fine Bros. are repped by WME. In late 2013, they struck a deal with YouTube multichannel network Fullscreen, which is funding production of new content from the duo.

1. PLZZZZZ PUT REACT TO THAT ON NICKELODEON I LUV DIS SHOW SOO MUCH AN WOULD LUV 2 WACH IT EVEREE WEK

2. Christopher L says:

SHOW REACT I LOVE SHOW SO MUCH I WANT TO BE ON IT

3. the react channel is so amazing i like it so much :D

4. Daniel says:

Man, the REACT channel is so great! I can’t wait to watch it on TV with the Kids! :D

• Elmithian says:

Even though it has come to light that they are attempting to trademark the word ‘React’ and have been moderating the comments in their response video because of that?

Of course you may not trust me so I recommend that you do the research yourself since I doubt I am allowed to post links here.

5. Derya says:

React to is such a funny/cute/intelligent/interesting show…. it has to be on tv!!! I think
    It`s good for children to see such nice kids reacting to random stuff.
    PLEASE DO IT NICKELODEON

6. Autumn says:

Nick is like my everything I love watching nick I most like
    Y never ever change the channel even if it here is to many commercials but anyways when I first saw react to that I loved the show and then that night I had a dream I was on the show crazy but anyways I always watch nick 24-7

• Jane says:

#react to that pleeeeeeeeeeeeese put react to that on your show I will watch it pass my bedtime pleeeee 😊😊😊😊

7. bree says:

i have been waiting for it to premiere and when it did my sister and I became obsessed and hopefully nickelodeon keeps airing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks nickelodeon so much!!!!

8. Aliyah says:

yussssss! i don’t believe it a tv show? I AM WATCHING IT TONIGHT!

9. Shelby says:

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG I DON’T HAVE CABLE BUT I WILL WATCH EVERY SINGLE EPISODE OF REACT TO THAT ON YOUTUBE WHEN VIDEOS OF IT COME OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Ashley says:

I am so excited it on tv I can not wait

11. Nomron says:

IM SO EXITED THAT THERE IS A TV SHOW AND IM GOING TO BE AT MY GRAND PARENT’S HOUSE AND THEY HAVE A TV!!!!

12. Athenagrier says:

Hey i am super exoteddd hahah i love it pls make there dreams cometrue and its more easy to watch it doest need wifi any more pls make it true

13. Ashton says:

Why are they giving these assholes a show? These two did a react video over a girl’s suicide. Great job Nick; you killed society.

14. Cherokee says:

IT FINE TIME WITH THE FINE BROS! WHAT’LL WE DISCUSS TODAY! *bloop* bloop* XD

15. Filo says:

Can’t wait for this show!!!!!

16. Happy says:

A so happy yay :) it coming on tv I can wait

17. savanna says:

I am so happy that you are on nick. ps,YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. David says:

Make it a regular show! me and my friends are so gonna watch it! Super Excited!!

19. Kat w says:

I can’t wait to watch it. I’ll watch every episode. :)

20. Kathy says:

Want to see this show!!! Can’t wait!!! Show it already!!!! :-)

21. rdnicolas says:

Really excited about this!

22. Angelica says:

I’m so siked for this to be an amazing opportunity for them! I watch them and I subscribe to them on YouTube an enjoy every video. Can’t wait to see what happens 😃

23. Kaen says:

I hope the Fine Bros get this show! Their ideas and concepts are not only entertaining, they also expose various people to pretty big issues in today’s world. Sometimes the topics are light-hearted and deal with social media, but other times they present political and social topics that need more attention. And it’s great hearing the opinions of others, especially from the youth. It can be quite relieving hearing a teenager say their opinion full of reason and open mindedness. I think our society today doesn’t view young people with that kind of light, but you’d be surprised how many important things young people have to say.

24. Sara says:

I hope it becomes a show!

25. andy says:

FINALLY!!!!! :D I love it

26. Kaylie says:

I would love to see this show on nick! I’d watch every episode like I do on YouTube! The fine bros are amazing and do amazing work and I bet the tv show would do amazing

27. Emma says:

That would be so cool! I love watching the reactions!!! I would DEFINITELY watch it! It’s even better how they will keep doing it on youtube, and it will be on TV! I am so excited! And so excited to watch!! Yay!

28. Lillian Venezia says:

I would definitely tune in to react to that!!
    The fine bros deserve a TV show!! So excited!!! :)

29. If you do this nick you will get people that stopped tuning on to nick years before to start tuning in again. If I were you I’d do it, it will make you a lot of money so put that show on!!!!!!!!

30. Kobe Conder says:

Please put ReactToThat on Nickelodeon! I love TheFineBros SO MUCH!

31. Curtis Speedie says:

It would be awesome to see my favourite YouTube channel get its own TV show! They have hilarious vids! And you will be getting back some older audience like me to come back to Nickelodeon :)

32. Allison says:

OHMYGOD..
    I CANT WAIT. I HAVE BEEN WATCHING THESE GUYS FOREVERRRR.
    I AM SO HAPPY FOR THEEEM.

33. JJES says:

YES YES YES MAKE IT HAPPEN!

34. swati says:

OMG… so exited!! :D

35. Baran Ozcan says:

It will be amazing to see our favorite guys on TV because it can be a new thing and it is on a KID program soooo…. all the kids can see other kids or bigger kids then them to learn from them and why not to see famous poeople from the internet that probably they know about and the best thing is to see their reaction right because this is hwy we watch it. Please introduce #ReactToThat in the Nikelodion

36. Becky says:

It would be amazing if this show got picked up. I love the react series!!

37. ylana says:

i hope this gets aired on t.v because i love this youtube channel

38. George Witnauer says:

I AM PUMPPPEEDDDD FOR THISSSSS

39. K says:

Really? So excited! I absolutely CANNOT wait to see this!

40. Alex Burgos says:

Plz do the TV series I love their channel and it would be great to have more kids and teens react to things

41. Skyler says:

PLZ do this I would love love love love love love love LOVE to watch it though It could have more appropriate videos on elders and teens so that can be somthing all can love plz do this I also recommend looking at stampylongnose as a TV show he plays minecraft and does so many cool things and makes everything fun he makes my day :)

42. Mitchell Hess says:

I think your videos are hilarious and the best on youtube. If react became a show it would be a total hit and you would be even more famous. You totally deserve your own show!😄

43. Olivia says:

A show like this is an incredibly unique and fantastic idea, watching just even a few react videos you can understand just how much insight these children have, it’s such a diverse show and I believe it will be very beneficial! I’m super excited!

44. Nicole says:

I LOVE THIS SERIES ON YOUTUBE, HIGHLIGHT OF MY WEEK I MIGHT ADD. Love watching these when uploaded, to see them on TV would be incredible, they’ve worked SO hard, love them.

45. kamila says:

PLEASE MAKE THIS HAPPEN I WOULD WATCH EVERY SINGLE EPISODE OK

46. Javier says:

It would be amazing!! Even tho I would not be able to watch it on tv, I’ll try to watch it online, can’t wait for nick’s approval

47. Anik Gypsy says:

OMG! Please! Even though I don’t have Nick USA but I’ll watch it from online! Please make it a TV Show! Yay! I love to watch it on youtube and it’s gonna be on TV! OMG I’m so excited!!!! :D

48. Jubilee says:

Omgomgomg please make it happen i love the react episodes :o this would make nick 10000xs better

49. chloe says:

This better turn into a tv show! I would watch it everyweek if so. OMG. AAH. IM SO EXCITED. THEYVE COME SO FAR😱

More Digital News from Variety