Netflix to Bring ‘Peaky Blinders’ Season 3 to U.S.

Peaky Blinders Season 3 on Netflix

Gritty Brit gangster series “Peaky Blinders” has been renewed for a third season by BBC Two, and Netflix will be bringing it exclusively to the U.S.

The drama — set in post-World War I Birmingham, England — stars Cillian Murphy (“Inception,” “The Dark Knight Rises”), along with Sam Neil, Helen McCrory, Tom Hardy, Paul Anderson, Annabelle Wallis and Noah Taylor. Casting for season three has not been announced.

The series revolves around Tommy Shelby (Murphy, pictured above), charismatic leader of a Birmingham crime org named for its practice of sewing razor blades into the peaks of members’ caps.

Netflix will debut season three following BBC Two’s telecast in the U.K. The Internet streamer debuted season one of “Peaky Blinders” in the States on Sept. 30, and on Friday made season two available to subscribers.

Series is written and created by Steven Knight (“Locke,” “Eastern Promises,” “Dirty Pretty Things”) and produced by Mandabach Prods. and Tiger Aspect Prods. The third season was commissioned by BBC Two controller Kim Shillinglaw and Ben Stephenson, controller of BBC drama commissioning. Executive producers are Caryn Mandabach and Jamie Glazebrook for Caryn Mandabach Prods., Will Gould and Frith Tiplady for Tiger Aspect and Matthew Read for BBC Two.

“The story of the ‘Peaky Blinders’ is just beginning and in series three life will become more lucrative, more dangerous and more international,” Knight said. He added: “Expect births, marriages and deaths and a further expansion of the Shelby Empire.”

“Peaky Blinders” was nominated for six BAFTAS and won the Royal Television Society award for best drama. The Weinstein Co. holds U.S. TV rights, and the series is distributed internationally by Endemol Worldwide Distribution.

1. Sarah M Maiers says:

Just saw a BBC 2 interview/trailer. May 5th BBC aired season 3. We should have it on Netflix by the end of May

2. Alana says:

Can you please tell me when season 3 airs on Netflix in the US.??

3. Cassie says:

Why isn’t season 3 on Netflix yet. This was the best show since Boardwalk Empire. Please Netflix the suspense is unbearable.

4. dave says:

another great show NETFLIX brought to us from BBC TV

5. hobie says:

best thing since boardwalk empire

6. jbdean says:

They were a real Briyish street gang and they called themselves Peaky Blinders because they would pull their caps down low, over their eyes, hence ‘blinding their peakies’ before they would do their criminal deeds. No razor blades in the caps.

7. Emmy Daley says:

When will season 3 be available in the U.S.?

8. Malkaia says:

Where is season 3

• haley says:

lol right i have looked literally everywhere and can’t find anything. I need to know who he is talking about marrying. is it me? is it grace? is it may? WHO KNOWS

9. Michele says:

Binge watched both seasons last week and OK, now I’m hooked. Took a couple of hours to get used to the accents, though..

In my poinion, Grace didn’t betray Tommy in season 1. She was an agent and Campbell had her convinced she owed her loyalty to her own family – her father. As an agent, Peaky Blinders was the enemy and her job was to take them down. She fell in love with Tommy about the same time she realized that Peaky Blinders was no more corrupt than Campbell. At least Peaky Blinders admitted to doing bad things while Campbell insisted he had a right to abuse his power to get whatever he wanted.
    So as soon as she could, she switched loyalty to Tommy and in self defence, shot Campbell.

Now it’s he end of season two and again, Campbell has bee shot. Any chance he’s really dead this time?

Tommy knows Grace is very good at deception, though and that’s the reason he should get over his love for her. . Question is, will she use this talent against him if she gets angry with him once they are married. All married couples argue and trusting her might not be a wise thing to do. She’ll insist on knowing all the details of everything and if he tries to keep things from her, she’ll learn what might not be true from others who would use her against him. Another reason Tommy should let her go back to her husband and give him the baby as his own is that back in the States, her husband might be kind to her now but after this betrayal and her wanting a divorce (aren’t they Catholic?) she might learn his wealth affords him power that might be aimed at not jusr her but Tommy and the Peaky Blinders. If Campbell is dead, Graces humband might follow in his footsteps. Still, people like “because…” and love “in spite of..”

Hope the story line doesn’t bring Grace back through her marriage to Tommy, though. Mae is a much better choice. We know she was faithful to her husband and has been mourning him for years. That tells me she can be loyal – probably. We don’t know much about her marriage except he obviously left her well-provided for.. Her own business with horses will mean she’ll have something of her own to do while Tommy is at work. Her connection and influence in higher society will definitely be a plus for Tommy’s attempt to make his enterprises legal and to elevate the Shelby family’s social standing. Wonder if Mae is capable of bearing a child?

So Mae or Grace? Either might be a good match if she truly loves Tommy and I think they do. I think Mae’s power won’t be a problem if he spurns her for Grace because Mae’s too good a person to do that to someone she loves, even if it isn’t requited. Except for aging spoiled brats and unlike men, life teaches women to accept rejection without malice.

Speaking of children, Michael is a fascinating 18-year-old and I love the relationship Michael and Tommy are developing. If the series goes on for many more seasons, I’m thinking we could see Tommy as an old man and Michael as the son Tommy either never had or should have had. He’s so much like Tommy that he definitely needs to become the heir to the empire.

10. Cillian Murphy is the sexiest man alive!!! I can’t get enough of that face…. those full lips and riveting eyes, jawline, voice!!! Ever since I saw him in The Dark Knight…

I had never heard of the show before but after watching the first episode, I found the acting and writing to be so superb and gripping (not to mention they played many of my favorite songs in the soundtrack… What a pleasant surprise) that storytelling is so suspenseful I literally watched all of Season 1 & 2 in 3 evenings!!!

• Jan says:

I agree & disagree about Grace…I agree, she did not betray Tommy, she was just doing her job & fell in love along the way. As far as being deceptive, she hasn’t been with Tommy…he knows she is married & pregnant with his child. Where has she deceived him since he discovered she was an Operative? Tommy is the one that didn’t admit he was seeing someone. Furthermore, Tommy has been carrying out orders as well that no one in his family knows about…which also saved his life. I think Tommy & Grace are perfect for each other…and she won’t hesitate to shoot when needed…lol
      May, on the other hand, bares watching, she knows about Grace & seems willing to do whatever it takes to keep Tommy.

I am loving every aspect of this show…can’t wait for season three to begin! Wish there were more episodes!

11. BudS says:

I Agree that the Peaky Blinders is one of the best shows I’ve ever seen. I Love it and want more!! Can’t wait for Season 3 to come to the U.S. and to NetFlix!

12. Maryanna says:

Love Peaky Blinders! Best ever!! Great acting, great music and fantastic story line. My only negative is Grace. Do not like anything about this character, especially (IMO) acting and, God help us, singing. Please sail far, far away. However, love the May Carelton character. Definitely see Tommy marrying May for about a million different good reasons. Grace’s character is a total narcissist that is, of course, out for herself in every way, betrayed (IMO) everyone she’s come in contact with and now we are expected to believe she’s fallen pregnant with Tommy’s baby. Really? Can’t wait for Series 3 to see how this plays out!

13. David says:

Best show ever!!!!! Season three must come out soon lol

14. Betsy says:

This is a great show! Can’t wait for season 3. (By the way, it’s Sam Neill, with two Ls. :)

15. Robert Michalec says:

I even watched the first two seasons 8 times the third needs to come out soon. I can’t stop watching and it still not boring to me at all, and I have an extremely short attention span. I told friends to watch it they loved it too.

16. Robert Michalec says:

This is my favorite show by far, if it were a movie it would be my favorite movie. I watch tv shows and movies constantly and this coming from me, THIS IS THE MOST BADASS SHOW EVER!

17. Frank Jones says:

Peaky Blinders is as good as Downton Abby and better, TNX

18. Nancy says:

Cillian Murphy…. What more could a woman want?

19. Shirley says:

I have watched series 1 and 2 of Peaky Blinders several times recently. The writing is superb, the acting extraordinary and the story lines wonderfully and carefully crafted. For me, the question is whether the writer will remain loyal to the character Tommy whom he’s developed. A character warped by the atrocities of the Great War that have triggered his ruthlessness and his unrelenting ambition. Yet, he has one redeeming quality–his allegiance to and love of family, a constant value most dear in the gypsy culture. But will the writer trivialize this quality, or negate the power put on “blood,” by having Tommy reject the woman he loves and their unborn child to satisfy his need for even more wealth and power? A need that could be satisfied without marriage to May, who is currently a business associate but who could eventually turn against him for her own “illogical” reasons. My instinct therefore tells me that something’s not right with May and that Tommy, although highly intelligent, may be blinded by what her influence can do for him and his business. Moreover, a Tommy-May marriage is hard to swallow because neither Tommy nor Grace has ever stopped loving each other.

Grace brings her own strength, intelligence. sense of security, outspokenness and values to the table. But we still don’t know enough about her. It is still not clear whether her family is upper-middle or working class? Does she have siblings? Did she work while living as a single woman in New York? Did she tell Tommy that she joined the intelligence service because she wanted to avenge her father’s death at the hands of the IRA? Is her mother still alive?

Even though we know how ruthless Tommy can be, Poppy calls him “soft,” like Grace, I believe, and I do hope I’m correct, that Tommy will realize, having been on the threshold of death, that he now has the opportunity to make his life more complete, with a wife whom he loves and their unborn child. The impact of this relationship on him as a husband and father and businessman can add a plausible dimension to this gangster plot.

As I close, I’m reminded of the advice my mom used to give me when I was in the process of making a final decision: Don’t be stupid!

20. Jonathan says:

I’ve gotten addicted to this show, only wish there were more episodes in a season other than that it’s perfect!

21. Elizabeth says:

Love Peaky Blinders! Bring on Season 3. Awesome series. Good actors, good story line and good music. Can’t wait!!!!

22. bubblackmore says:

Kickass show! Can’t wait for season 3 in the U.S. Music is awesome. Hopefully I can find a soundtrack

23. Lori Allen says:

When is season 3 going to be on Netflix? I got hooked this week and have watched both of the first 2 seasons.

24. Jessica H. says:

I always just assumed that Tommy would marry Grace after the end of Season 2 but now everyone’s comments about May are making me nervous..if Tommy marries May i’ll be pissed. it’s gotta be Grace. Plus she’s having his baby for goodness sake!

• Lena D says:

I am so glad there is someone besides me who feels that way! I love Tommy and Grace! I hope they keep them together.

25. Stacey says:

I think Grace will feel Tommy rejected her because he didn’t meet her after the race. She will tell her husband the baby is his and Tommy will end up marrying Mae… I hope anyway.

26. Arizona Dave says:

Being an fan of Dexter, Breaking Bad, Justifed, Weeds and Game of Thrones, this is a prefect fit for my taste. Great drama in all aspects.

27. Alia says:

Can’t wait for season 3 love tommy

28. Lesa Cook says:

Of course I believe he will marry Grace, for several reasons; he said as he was about to die ” there is a women who loves me”. Drawing from the’re actual loving feelings.. Yes of course it is Grace. All thought I do wish he would get a clue about love! Love is not just feelings… I wish there was more depth between him and grace but I will keep watching breath baited! Perhaps we can week for the real loss of love. As I have wept for so many things so far in this show.

29. Barbara says:

I am 76 years old and completely fascinated with Tommy Shelby! He is so bad yet not, so stoic and uncomplaining. The episode where he was to be killed was the best acting I have ever seen.
    Story, set, clothing and characters are absolutely the best ever. BBC you really know how to put it together.
    I never want this story to end, hope they make a movie or continuous PBS show so we can watch this story unfold to the present time.
    The man’s comment about the music is so true. Definitely a CD

• SKYcamera1 says:

I totally agree with you, Barbara. I have been riveted to every episode …watch couple of them twice. On another thought …on couple occasions in the series they refer to the love of fast cars. Am wondering if a member of this Shelby family ever worked in the early years for the Ford Motor Company …and eventually branching off to the elite and fast great Shelby Motor Car Division. Interesting thought though.

30. Roxanne Marisa rudy says:

I predict that Grace is playing some angle on Tommy. How could she know so quickly that she was pregnant. Even the medical profession wasn’t absolutely certain of pregnancy in such an early stage. I think he may marry May for gain but for Tommy love and business can’t be separsted

31. Maureen Flaherty says:

Season 3, when? Can’t wait. I’ve been telling everyone. GREAT SHOW!

32. maliacarter says:

I am addicted to this show! I hate that I have to wait a year for season 3 because I am dying to know who Tommy will marry. I want it to be Grace but I have a feeling Tommy will marry May to gain power.

33. deba says:

HURRY up season 3!!!! deba I wish this was on regular tv so millions could be addicted like I am!! deba

34. Michelle Valle says:

I LOVE THE PEAKY BLINDERS! Thomas Shelby keeps me coming back for more. Or maybe it’s Cillian Murphy’s absolutely marvelous acting, I’m not sure which, regardless, I adore everything about this series except Season 2 had too few episodes. All I know is, “DONT FUCK WITH MY PEAKY BLINDERS”, they better hurry back for Season 3

35. Alison says:

I love this show! I just with there were more episodes. Great acting and really written well. I can’t wait for season 3.

36. Been watching the series, however, any smart businessman would release a soundtrack of all the music that was aired during the series. I tried to by Right Red Hand, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, and guess what: They don’t have a cd to sell, nobody thought about music from this hit series did they?

37. Great program, great acting. But can someone explain why they have those weird haircuts? Was that the fashion then?

38. Todd says:

I love this show please make lots more episodes thanks the grips

39. patrickkm says:

great show, and better second season

• SKYcamera1 says:

This outstanding series is very addictive. The only negative scene I found was when a person is shot in a phone booth with many people just 10 feet away or so and not one person hears the shot till someone sees the guy hunched over with blood about half minute later. lol.

• L.A. Mann says:

Skycamera1… The willful suspension of disbelief…everybody but the main actors are paid to look the other way..everybody..

More Digital News from Variety