Donald Sterling Pulls Support for Clippers Sale, Revives Lawsuit

Donald Sterling Pulls Support for Clippers

Donald Sterling move ahead with a $1 billion lawsuit against the NBA, his attorney confirmed on Monday, and he has withdrawn his support of the sale of the Los Angeles Clippers to former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer.

Attorney Maxwell Blecher said that the lawsuit was back on, a turnabout after Sterling had decided last week to drop his litigation and back the sale, which was negotiated by his wife Shelly. The suit was filed in federal court in Los Angeles on May 30.

The Associated Press reported that Sterling changed his mind after learning that the NBA wouldn’t revoke his lifetime ban and fine after a tape was made public in which he was heard making racist remarks to his girlfriend.

Sterling’s lawsuit against the the NBA alleges violation of antitrust laws, among other allegations.

Filed Under:

Want to read more articles like this one? SUBSCRIBE TO VARIETY TODAY.
Post A Comment 2

Leave a Reply

2 Comments

Comments are moderated. They may be edited for clarity and reprinting in whole or in part in Variety publications.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

  1. big daddy D says:

    Crazy old coot yelling at his neighbours to stay off his lawn. Go home!

More Biz News from Variety

Loading