‘Who Do You Think You Are’ Heads to TLC

'Who Do You Think You Are'

Family lineage show found its roots on NBC before heading to cable

After being cancelled by NBC a year ago, “Who Do You Think You Are” is finding life again on TLC.

The cabler has ordered eight hourlong episodes of the family history reality skein and will begin bowing the segs on July 23. Fresh run on cable will include celebs like Christina Applegate, Cindy Crawford, Zooey Dechanel and Chris O’Donnell delving into their lineage with the help of ancestry and history experts.

Lisa Kudrow and Dan Bucatinsky direct and exec produce the series.

“I’ve never stopped hearing about how much people love ‘Who Do You Think You Are?,’ and I’ve always known that we’ve had more great stories to share,” said Kudrow.

Bucatinsky added: “TLC is a great home for the series, and we join our excited celebrity participants as we unearth some amazing background and surprising histories.”

Ancestry.com will continue to sponsor the series as it did when the unscripted program was seated on NBC.

“Who Do You Think You Are?” is produced by Shed Media US and Is or Isn’t Entertainment.

1. Martha Cathcart says:

I am so glad to have this show coming back on the air. Even though these people are celebrities there is much to be learned from the way they search. Of course, PBS would be a great venue because of no commercials but someone has to pay for the search.

2. Tom Whitelock says:

Wouldn’t it be great if Ancestry.com researchers who do the work on the “celebs”, try to find one of us commoners’ linage crossing through or over the celeb’s. In addition to exciting the general public
    into watching the program – this would be a great marketing tool for them to solicit memberships and for our SAR Society to promote.

3. Cate Abraham says:

It would be nice to see a show about everyday people, not celebrities. I really don’t care about their ancestors. I am more interested in my own family and help with my research.

4. Barbara Swift says:

I am very disappointed that this show will be only on cable. I do not have cable nor do I plan on getting that type of TV reception. Yet I would like to be able to see the show.

5. Janice says:

I don’t know what NBC was thinking when they cancelled this show but I’m sure glad it’s coming back thanks to TLC!!! It would be kind of fun if they did stories on non-celebrities as well. After doing genealogy for a while, I have bunch of unbelievable tales! TLC, are you listening?

6. Maryann Gaudette says:

Love the show! Hope they are going to have someone with French Canadian Lineage.

7. Esther K Litton says:

Love that show! I have 4 generations still living and learn more about the histroy about their ancesters! I so much fun learning about my family! Bringing the show back gives me more inspirtion.

8. carol hughes says:

Can’t wait to watch it again!!!!

9. mary e shepherd says:

loved the show so glad it’s back There are tips to help in your own search

10. June Button says:

Hurray! So looking forward to the return of “Who Do You Think You Are”. Love the show and the hints & tips of researching. Thank you for bringing it back.

11. Pattie Pinedo Nugent says:

So happy that the show, “Who do you think you are” is returning, one of our favorites, fascinating discoveries and always surprises! Can’t wait for premiere !