Paula Deen Dropped by Walmart, Caesars

Paula Deen Dropped by Walmart, Caesars

Fallout continues amid Deen's racial slur scandal

Paula Deen’s tearful, live apology on “Today” this morning did little to persuade Walmart and Caesars Entertainment from cutting ties with the fallen celeb cook, who admitted to using racial slurs in a recent deposition.

SEE ALSO: Paula Deen Chopped by the Food Network

According to Associated Press, mega-company Walmart said it will not place “any new orders beyond what’s already committed” for Deen-branded products, from cookware to baked goods. Caesars also plans to ditch its relationship with Deen, closing the cook’s four restaurants that operate on the company’s casino properties.

Actions from these corporate giants follow Food Network firing Deen last Friday, and a bizarre series of events that included Deen canceling a scheduled “Today” interview slated to address her racial slur controversy, posting and removing apology videos on YouTube, and then rescheduling her interview with Matt Lauer for today.

Deen’s sit down with Lauer can be viewed here, in which she states while crying, “If there’s anyone out there that has never said something that they wish they could take back, if you are out there, please pick up that stone and throw it so hard at my head that it kills me. Please, I want to meet you. I is what I is and I’m not changing.”

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

1. Sharene Pomnitz says:

Also, this is just another rich person being sued for MONEY. It seems too many with money,in this case, that they’ve earned, are being sought out by some lazy ass who wants easy money.

2. Sharene Pomnitz says:

I agree with Nancy Ellen. If they drop one they have to interrogate others’ products/lines. OMGosh I hope I’ve not said or done anything years ago that I may have regretted? Geeze! Some are more ignorant than others.

3. Nancy Ellen says:

have walmart and the other business’ that dropped the Paula Deen brand depose all of their employees to see if anyone has ever used the “N” word or any other slur towards their fellow man and I bet you there would be no employees left.

4. I meant “there are” little . . .

5. Racist comments about the President have been made openly by well-known people such as Sarah Palin and Glen Beck. There is no excuse for that. Yet Wal-Mart continued to sell their books! What is it about a white Southern woman that causes her to be treated differently. Also, the only way that we know what Paula Deen said anything offensive is that she admitted it in a deposition. I bet their literally dozens of well-known people who have said worse but just wouldn’t be truthful about it!

6. ryan says:

Yea if she was black and said something raciest against whites then it wouldn’t even have been brought up I’m so tired of blacks being so high and mighty anything for attention I guess and thanks to our president they feel all superior all bull shit

7. Mona says:

What hypocrites Ceasar’s and Walmart are!!! I won’t be doing anymore shopping at Wal Mart, or any of the other stores or company’s which are blackballing Paula Deen! Have any of you ever said the F word or
    the J. C. words? To me, that is sooo much more offensive than the N word was 30 years ago..
    So much for freedom of speech in the good old United Socialist States of America.

8. Mary Doheney says:

I think and hope people remember they made a remark they should not have I think we are caring this way to far just drop it

9. Angie says:

No loss on losing Walmart!

10. People suck, we’ve all said things that we shouldn’t say. There are rap stars who say things like all the time and it’s ok? Not to mention you people let your kids by there so called music! What The Food Network, Wal-Mart and Cesar’s are saying is that it’s ok for a rap artist to say these things but no one else is allowed. Parents are ok with there kids listening to it on the radio and videos and the internet but OMG if a WHITE single mom says it years ago. What’s it say about us!

11. Simone Sheffield says:

I is what I is????? WTF!!!??!
    I believed her until this stupid statement saying she ‘won’t change’

12. Claire says:

This comment was made 36 years ago! Who hasn’t said something they regret at some point in their lives. The former employee worked for Deen and her brother for 5 years and now sues? Something smells fishy!

13. I think this was the last thing she should have said because it seems unrepentant: “I is what I is and I’m not changing.” I liked her but she comes across as false to me here. She’s clearly scared. Her whole world is falling down.

14. Who’s behind this? Because this isn’t the first attack on Ms. Dean, is it? Her truthful answer in some deposition to a question asked by a tuna breath predator with a law degree is incidental the the obvious: someone or some group has been out to destroy Ms. Deen.

Too bad this is the Net-centric age, in which the old, tiresome leftist/thug tactics of the 60s and 70s no longer remain hidden.

Too many citizens smell the stench of hypocrisy, and are demonstrating support of Ms. Deen by purchasing her books in large quantity.

Americans dislike bullies and really detest sanctimony, especially given that although slavery ended in America one hundred fifty years ago, it’s still ongoing in Africa, Asia, and the mid-east, and no one says a thing about that, do they?

Nor does any sleazebag lawyuh object to the millions of times the dreaded ‘word’ is used in the hood.

The selective, convenient ‘conscience’ of the Left is astounding in its evil.

15. E says:

It’s a shame to know that there is such ignorant people running the largest company in America (wal mart)…. How stupid can they be? How do they sleep at night. They sure were quick to pass judgment without any facts. But, that ok…. Paula Deen will find new outlets…. and make millions, it will be wal mart on the losing end, in the end! WE SUPPORT PAULA DEEN!

16. Linda says:

That the reason why it is said THINK BEFORE YOU TALK, That why it is said that your tongue is a two edge sword. You cant take back what was said and you can not erase it. We are in 2013 that is a word that should be erase rom the English language. She is in the public eyes and major companies is backing her up there reputation is on the line also.

17. Sean says:

For all you uneducated individuals, read the actual court documents to get the whole picture. Not only was her and her brother racist, they didn’t allow woman to advance or make the same pay as men, she deserves everything that is coming to this backwards hill billy. KARMA :)

18. Debi says:

I support Paula Deen!

19. zenxen says:

It’s not just about the racial slur. The case she’s involved in with a former employee is rather damaging. If what was relayed in this case is true then she needed to be dropped. These companies are protecting their own images. It’s business.

20. ABB says:

Can we move on yet? At this point, it is Paula who is the victim. She used the N-word over 20 years ago. Geez.

21. Cayienne says:

Very disappointed that Walmart is dropping Paula Deen. Shame on them. She apologized…end of story. Do they still sell Chris Brown albums? He beats women. Why haven’t they dropped him? I’m a woman…I’m offended. Should I drop Walmart?

22. Dick Delson says:

She made a mistake. Who hasn’t? I feel sorry for her because I don’t think she’s a racist. She said something stupid. Who hasn’t?

23. anna says:

Sometimes, it is how a public figure handles things and obviously she hasn’t handled anything well at all. Her damage control was horrendeous and quite illsuited. Many other celebrities have said and done worse, but her reactions, her denials, her youtube appearances were terrible. The cutting and pasting did her no favours. She must deal with the fallout now wihout tears but with a new PR Team and work her way back up, if she can.

24. Jay LoDolce says:

I think it’s appalling to make this woman into an example…like no one has ever used the the “N” word before. Give me a break. This lady is being thrown under the racial bus!

25. Michelle says:

Has anyone thought it was that guy she fired getting back at her ?