USA’s ‘Burn Notice’ Hits Two-Year Ratings High With Series Finale

Ratings: USA's 'Burn Notice' hits two-year

Long-running drama nets 5 million viewers to stand as TV's most-watched scripted original Thursday

USA’s “Burn Notice” wrapped its seven-season run Thursday with its largest audience in two years, standing as TV’s most-watched scripted program of the night.

The series created by Matt Nix and starring Jeffrey Donovan averaged a 1.3 rating/4 share in adults 18-49 and 4.97 million viewers overall, rising about 1 million viewers from its penultimate episode of last week, which went up against the first NFL game of the season.

The last time “Burn Notice” drew a larger audience than Thursday was midway through its fifth season in 2011, when it bagged 5.21 million.

The show’s largest same-night audience came in 2009 with its midseason finale, which drew about 7.4 million same-night viewers (and swelled to about 9 million with full-week DVR playback).

“Burn Notice” was cable’s No. 1 series Thursday in 18-49 and 25-54 (1.5/4) and edged out ABC’s “Rookie Blue” season finale to rule as TV’s most popular original scripted program of the night.

“Burn Notice” premiered in June 2007 and celebrated its 100th episode earlier this year. That leaves “Psych” as the longest-running scripted program on USA

1. Nary Lay says:

Best show ever!!!! They are very amazing actors and actress. I was very sad that the show came to an end :(. I love them all

2. bobbie sheffield says:

did not like the way it ended!!! you could have done it another way!!

3. Vera says:

I can only say that the great acting displayed by Jeffrey Donovan and his Burn Notice team, including his Mom, have made this show into one of the greatest programs on television. I hope that their talent is recognized by the industry and that we see more of these fine actors on the big screen.

4. TJF says:

I really loved this show and never missed an episode…As for the final episode, to be curled up with Michael Weston, sipping wine in a cozy Irish cottage, in front of a crackling fire……Fiona, you are a lucky lucky girl !

5. charles says:

love the show and cast. followed .the end, watched every episode. The end was great if you wanted to kill series and upset fans. Feel there should be final episode with alternate ending because this one really s—ed. I do not think it did the series or the fans justice unless it was to make fans upset. To easy to kill everyone off at the end of a series to bring out emotion and just leave a few a live to pick up the pieces. Sorry just expected more from the writers and network, the cast has always done their very best sorry to see it end. It could of easily ran a few more seasons. I know it’ would be hard for the cast not to move to other projects but not many people have a hit series as you do. thank you disappointed fan

6. Victoriag26 says:

I just hate when great shows like Burn Notice come to an end. It was tasteful and brilliantly written. I loved all the characters… each personalty seemed perfectly fitting. I was sad and grieve the tragic loss of Madeline, but I could actually see it coming and it did seem like something she would do to protect her loved ones. Like everyone I was glad that Michael and Fiona ended up together. Thank you so much to the burn notice family for the awesome entertainment… you’re going to be greatly missed!

7. Melody Caughrean says:

I really enjoyed Burn Notice. I am sorry it is over, but I am glad that Michael and Fiona got together in the end.Thanks for all the enjoyment I got from watching it.

8. Bob Tureck says:

Thank all of you at Burn Notice for the greatest last 7 years. I only hope that Matt Nix can twist someones arm to make a Burn Notice RETURNS series, WHY NOT!!

9. RIP, Burn Notice. You were good to me…

10. Sheila McLeod says:

I thought the season Finale was truly one of the finest shows I have ever seen -Madeline was a true MOM and of course everyone loves a happy ending

11. alP says:

when I started watching burn notice I was:

1. still a virgin
    2. still a univ student
    3. hadn’t started my company

this show (along with ‘The Office’) got me through the pains/hardships of being a student, i just looked forward to burn notice. Thanks Matt Nix and all the cast and crew, it’ll live long in my memory!

12. Margie Vasicek says:

My name is Charlie Westen. My Uncle Mike was a spy, & he taught me everything I know!

13. Leslee says:

It was one of my favorite shows,I will miss out.maybe someday there will be a reunion movie.

14. Scott Leroux says:

To all the cast and crew,

Jeffrey, Bruce(long time evil dead fan), Gabrielle, Sharon, Coby and many others(special mention to Alona Tal this season), have loved this show for 7 years. Thanks for all the great episodes! Thanks Matt Nix. And Jeffrey, ” when you’re a spy” line kicks off an episode, I know I’m not a spy, but the cool fantasy is relived. I wish you all the best in the future. Hope to see you soon on the big screen

Sincerely

Scott Leroux

15. I couldn’t finish this series :/

16. Linda says:

Why did you end BURN NOTICE…It was one of the best shows…What country did Michael & Fiona wind up in – Ireland? I certainly hope we don’t end up with more of those “stupid reality shows” as Bruce Jones stated. Bring Burn Notice back.

• Trish says:

Linda–Burn Notice ended because they wanted to go out on top and they did. The ending left me smiling, but with tears running down my face. Maddy’s story ended so shockingly, but I predicted the Michael & Fiona ending and that made me happy. As for where they ended up, I think it was somewhere in Northern Canada (British Columbia or The Yukon) or Alaska. Northern Canada makes more sense to me, but I’m just guessing. :)

17. Sandy says:

I hated to see Burn Notice end…however I did enjoy the last 5 minutes. I’ve been a faithful fan and can’t understand why they ended it. As for as Psych goes…Bring it on! I don’t want to see it end..those guys make me laugh and laughter is good for the soal. Keep it up!!

• JBA says:

Great show, very good final season/episode. Started following closely from season 4, guess I am going to follow with syndicated reruns.
      Seeing as there were several references to the beginnings of the show (Gless going back to her smoking in the armchair, Campbell’s line in the final minutes about spies being “bitchy little girls”, I think JD and GA end up in Ireland, where they first met.

18. Bruce Jones says:

burn notice one of the best shows ever same with dexter and Spartacus I guess will be replaced with stupid reality shows.

19. sweetieman72 says:

Sign of the times “Burn Notice’s ratings were the highest for a “scripted show.” Funny how people appreciate non-acting these days.

20. The last episode of Burn Notice was a sad but satisfying end to a great series! Thx for sharing!