TV Ratings: ‘The Queen Latifah Show’ Draws Crowd in Bow

The Queen Latifah Show Review

Daytime talkshow opens to double-digit gains over lead-in, year-ago averages

Viewers showed up for a daytime audience with the Queen on Monday. Sony Pictures TV’s syndie yakker “The Queen Latifah Show” bowed to an impressive 1.7 household rating/ 5 share on Monday, marking double- and triple-digit increases over its year-ago time period averages in many  major markets.

“Latifah” pulled at 0.9/5 in the key daytime demo of women 25-54, which marked an 80% spike over its time period averages in that demo last year. “Queen Latifah,” which featured John Travolta as the anchor guest and a perf by Willow Smith, ranks as the highest-rated daytime syndie talker premiere since “Dr. Oz” in 2009.

Across Nielsen’s 56 metered markets, “Latifah” was up 31% from its year-ago time period averages in households and up 21% from its lead-in.

The CBS O&O stations are among “Latifah’s” core launch group, and those outlets had something to celebrate Monday. In Gotham, “Latifah” improved on the station’s year-ago time period scores by 60%. In L.A., she mustered a 200% gain.

“Latifah” is exec produced by Corin Nelson for Latifah’s Flavor Unit banner, Will Smith’s Overbrook Entertainment and Sony Pictures TV.

1. oebrown says:

I love the ‘queen’ shes real to the deal. My brother in law adores her. All I ask though is thst all talk shows cook less. Or change cooking segment to once a week. Since already have a lot of cooking shows and this ‘undemocratic’ group is waging war on people who eat too much. In that case stop showing and talking about food seven (five) days a week. Other than that I love my talk shows because I too love to talk. I love queen, oz, steve, ellen, wendy, rachel, and my ladies on the talk ( my favorite talk show). Guys, so keep on talking; stop eating food on shows so much. It makes us want to have fooooood! Gracias.

2. Denise says:

What ever QL do she give u 100% and its always great !Thank U Queen

3. Sally Wilson says:

Hello I am from Dayton Ohio love the show ..love u in the movie holiday..u are the best talk show that I have watch and I don’t watch very many talk show flapping throw the channels and saw your show and love it..But have a question for u ? I have been sitting here and can not warp my head around what I have been hearing on the news today about kids getting bully in school and on the computer.I am a mother of two kids and the are wonderful and they mean the world to me I would walk throw fire for my kids . But to make along story short it breaks my heart to hear about kids getting bully in school these days what is going on with kids these days what is going on in their heads that they think it right to bully someone .I’m just not down with this bullying that is going on it is crazy and it is just heart breaking..so to some it all up my heart go out to the kids that are getting bully in school or out of school and online just dont listen to those that are bullying u just know that u are great and u are wonderful and that god love u and that he walks hand and hand with u every day.. so I hope that u get to read this Mrs.Latifah u are awesome and u rock and I also love u in the movie hairspary..

4. Mamita Fox says:

I am from the island of Curacao in the Caribbean, and was never so moved by a daytime show. Queen Latifah you gave me hope.

5. Dra Welcome says:

Great show. Great clotghes…want that top…is it in your collection?

6. Trinette says:

I love this show! It’s great to see a positive person promoting positivity and inspiration. So happy to see a beautiful woman of color on television that is not on the air critizing everyone like other (host). I wish her continued success.

7. franchie says:

I so love the energy on Queens show keep upnthe good work im so glad they let u do this

8. Felicia A Harrell says:

Ive been watching the show and find it to be positive, inspiring,empowering and a breath of fresh air especially with all the negative events that are taking place on a daily basis CONGRATULATIONS and keep up the great work

9. melanie johnson says:

I love this show!!!!

10. JC says:

Great job Miss Queen Latifah!! Thoroughly enjoy your show… I missed Oprah so much; glad to see you in that time slot.

11. Barb prudente says:

Absolutely love your show. I am a true fan and will continue to watch your amazing show.

12. Debra Berry says:

Good to see you doing what you do, so far I’ve enjoyed your show and your guest. I met Will Smith in person once before about 15 years ago in Virginia and he was amazing then and now he’s super amazing. Queen Latifah I love all your work and I wish you nothing but the best. My dream is to get on your show because you are the next big time all time Queen Latifah. God Bless you girl

13. CJ English says:

“The Queen Latifah Show” is truly a breath of fresh air! Someone finally realized that it”s okay to dare to be different. I love Queens personality, energy and earthiness. The daily field clips/stories are unique for a talk show and bring an extra bit of “something-something” to the program. Lastly, her guests have been reflective of her inner core, down to earth. Please keep it that way. I am LOVING what this show is doing. Keep on doing it!

14. Linda Williams says:

Where did Queen Latifah get the shirt/dress sweater she had on when she sang that nice song on her show dated 9/17/2013 I loved it!!!!

15. Dani DuBose says:

Queen, absolutely wonderful show today! You are an amazing person and very inspirational to people. I have followed your career from the beginning. Keep up the good work and continue to climb… Dani

16. kim says:

I have watched the first two airings of the show. Both were different from any other talk show which is a breath of fresh air. I love it better than Wendy Williams. I like the concept of one celebrity and the musical twist of you singing. I do hope that you bring in more common people that are doing things for the community that are not well known that are ordinary people. I loved the story of the widower, hope you have more segments in your show like that about the small people in the world that are making a change in the world or their community.