‘The O.C.’ Gets a Remake … in Turkey

The O.C. Turkey Remake

Star TV commissions 13-episode first season

The O.C.,” the Fox youth drama that ran from 2003-2007, has been adapted for the first time by another country through Turkey’s Star TV.

Warner Bros. International Television Production sent the series overseas for a 13-episode first season.

During its initial Stateside run, “The O.C.” effectively launched the careers of Benjamin McKenzie, Mischa Barton, Adam Brody and Rachel Bilson. It was originally produced in the U.S. by Wonderland Sound and Vision and College Hill Pictures in association with Warner Bros. Television.

Ay Yapim is producing in Turkey.

“Today, the standards are so high in drama, so we are delighted with what they’ve done with such an iconic format,” said WBITP senior veep of creative, format development and sales Andrew Zein. “It looks glossy and perfectly replicates the original series with a Turkish twist.”

1. TrevorV says:

Now i do not care about this, i am making around 5000$ a month. There is very useful method i found on the web. If you want to learn it too, just type in google: Willis Mounts Strategy

2. ThaleiaGrantzioti says:

I considered that the adjustment of OC in Turkish television was successful With a good cast of actors And naturally one of the protagonists Cagatay embodies very well the role of Ryan He is a promising actor and will see many things from him in the future !!!

3. Maria Laura says:

Turkish dizies are so much interesting and for sure Ay Yapim has only successes to present. This time Medcezir is a strong one with a strong cast. Among them the face that has already created a huge fan club all over the world. Cagatay Ulusoy is the most charming actor that has influenced amazinglly with his previous performance, his unforgettable acting in AFK. Its absolutely certain we wont forget him at this one !!

4. Cagatay ulusoy the Turkish protagonist is very talented and experienced .In addition to his handsome look .He is world-widely beloved. His known for his magnificent convincing performance.

5. eda ak... says:

Cagatay Ulusoy very handsome and perfect performance

6. türkiye yapımı kat kat daha güzel :) :) :)

7. Smithfield says:

I wonder what the HAM O.C. remake will be like? Cuz I don’t think Turkey tastes so good!

8. OMG! I can’t wait to hear Turkish Luke say, “Orange County, bitch!”, in (duh) Turkish. I couldn’t understand anything since the trailer has no subtitles but this one looks very promising! The OC is still the best teen soap for me. Nothing beats the original but this one is worth looking forward to. I’m excited!

9. I don’t watch tv much but there are some news about The O.C arriving in Turkey as Medcezir after 10 years which is not true. Medcezir is a remake of The O.C with Warner Bros for Star TV in Turkey that’s correct but The O.C among other TV series from U.S and around the World was shown in Turkey already, including myself we watched The O.C in Turkey before people know about the remake and they’d like to watch a remake again. Also original Gossip Girl was shown in Turkey as well with it’s Turkish remake :)

10. Kat says:

This looks great! I’d love to see this here with subtitles!

11. lisa Artridge says:

Looks really good

12. ex360 says:

You know what I like about rich kids?

13. Brian Wedin says:

This is pretty cool. I love that one of my all time favorite shows is getting this international fame and treatment.

14. thaygoulart says:

I miss The OC so much! My favorite tv show – and I’m quite addicted to them.

15. Merisa says:

Reblogged this on Bright At Midnight and commented:
    Ah, I can’t believe this is happening. My all-time favorite TV Show.. I hope we can watch this online with English subtitles!!

16. Merisa says:

We need english subtitles!

17. Hayley Taitz says:

English subtitles?!!

18. lauren says:

Why won’t they remake it in English? Seriously! or at least give us a reunion!

• louise says:

I couldn’t agree more. The OC was the best show ever and since it has been 10 years since it first aired, we should totally get a remake or a reunion