Trinity Broadcasting Network Founder Paul Crouch Dead at 79

Paul Crouch

Minister and wife Jan built TBN into world's most widely distributed Christian TV network

Paul Crouch, a pioneering televangelist and founder of the Trinity Broadcasting Network, died Saturday. He was 79 and had been in failing health.

TBN has endured since its founding in 1973 and remains one of the world’s most widely distributed Christian television networks with an expansive lineup of programs and personalities. It also has offshoots in Latin America, Europe, Africa and the Middle East.

According to TBN, Crouch got his start in broadcasting after helping to build a radio station while a student at Central Bible Institute and Seminary in Springfield, Mo. He became a radio announcer in Rapid City, S.D. in the late 1950s and served as g.m. of the city’s NBC affiliate station, KRSD-TV.

By the early 1960s, Crouch relocated to Burbank, Calif., to run the film and TV production department of the Assemblies of God, where he produced a range of film and TV projects. He managed several other religious radio and TV outlets in Southern California before founding TBN with his wife, Jan. The pair became prominent figures in the evangelical community as hosts of the nightly talkshow “Praise the Lord.”

TBN ranks as one of the nation’s largest TV station groups with 29 full power stations reaching 41% of U.S. TV households.

Crouch largely avoided the sex scandals that took down fellow TV preachers Jim Bakker and Jimmy Swaggart in the 1980s. But in 2004 the church was rocked by allegations of sexual improprieties leveled against Crouch by a former employee.

More recently, the question of succession at TBN made headlines for the Tustin, Calif.-based ministry amid a falling out between Crouch and his son, Paul Crouch Jr. TBN has also faced a legal battle with granddaughter Brittany Koper, who has accused the TBN founders of engaging in lavish spending at the expense of TBN donors.

1. homepage says:

If you want to grow your knowledge only keep visiting this website and be updated
    with the newest information posted here.

2. Jeffrey says:

Hi just wanted to give you a quick heads up and let you know a few of the images aren’t loading properly.
    I’m not sure why but I think its a linking issue.
    I’ve tried it in two different web browsers and both show the same outcome.

3. akwasi owusu bi says:

I love paul and wife. They are a blessing to mankind. Paul you have served well and may God recieve you into his bosom

4. Jean WALKER says:

Thank you Dr. Crouch for the love and you spread thru your programs to all who would listen to the word of God. God bless your family and all who benefited to TBN

5. S Mag, says:

Thank you Dr. Crouch for spreading the word through the medium of television. You shall sorely be missed.

6. Geeta Maharaj says:

We are thankful that Paul and Jan has lived their lives to bring millions to our lord may the comfort og our lordJesus be with the family all over the world that grieving for the angel he is now looking over us Thank you for the difference you have made to the world
    May gods blessing be upon you

7. aubrey solomons says:

We offer our condolences to the family and loved ones of the late Dr Paul Crouch may his dear soul rest in peace at the feet of JESUS We will continue to praise the LORD at all times HALLELUJA. From the Solomons fam Kuilsriver Cape Town South Africa

8. Linda says:

I am so sorry to hear of the death of Paul Crouch. He was truly a light in a dark world. May God bless his family and comfort them. He certainly fulfilled his commission for The Lord Jesus Christ. Well done, Paul Crouch………..WELL DONE!

9. Velva Barnes says:

despite the gainsayers and backbiters, i know the heart of paul and jan crouch in my spirit, for the body of christ are one. of course, they had their problems, they are human. do you think the devil would lay down and play dead when someone is doing what they have done to get souls into the kingdm of god. i praise the lord they prospered and have been able to do what they have done. the angels rejoice in heaven when a child of god comes home. paul, thank you and may your memory live on

10. Rusty Connors says:

I remember watching TBN when I first got saved in August of 1980 and was blessed by all the great teachings, I pray for Jan Matt and Laurie and the extended family.
    See you Paul in heaven, thanks for your ministry !

11. BJ DUKE says:

Sorry to hear about Paul Crouch death. He will be surely missed be TBN listensers. W e loved Paul and his love of God to be preached in all nations. We will soon be with him. I am praying For Jan and his sons and grandchildren. May God comfort each one of his family and friends.

12. Mariana Villarreal says:

I am sorry to hear about the loss of your loved one the lord is with you as you are going through this hard days I will be praying for your entire family may the lord keep on blessing you always .Mariana

13. Beverly Dickey says:

Thank you Paul Crouch for what you have done for Christ…now you are in His presence and enjoying Him whom your soul has loved so long.

14. I can’t but help but wonder about the accusers of the “problems” at Trinity Broadcasting Network, namely their spiritua condition. . Regardless of problems the organization has gone thru, I have to think about the number of souls the Crouches have been responsible for bringing to the saving knowledge of Jesus and how many have been blessed by them. I wasn’t saved under their ministry, but I was saved a long time ago in 1964. I’m 72 now and I attend servces a week at an Assemblies of God church. Christ teaches us to forgive “70 times 7”. So I say this to the accusers; Think about your life before you complain about the wrong in others. Thank Almighty God for the work of Paul and Jan Crouch thru the many years of service to the Kingdom of God.

15. geraline says:

I woyld just like to say my deepeest condolences to the crouch family. . JAN AND PAUL IS REALLY PAVE THE WAY FOR PEOPLE AND WHEN I BECAME HOMELESS DIVORCED AND JUST WAS GOING THROUGH IF IT WAS NOT FOR THE WORD ON THE TRINITY BROADCAST NETWORK DON”T KNOW WEAR I WOULD HAVE BEEN JUST WANT TO SAY THANK YOU JAN AND PAUL CROUCH AND FAMILY…. PS LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH.

16. Flora says:

Dr Crouch has fought the good fight and finished well. Now he’s won his rest with the Saviour. My love and condolensces to the family and the TBN Team.

17. Phoepraise says:

I was shocked when I got the news,became encouraged realizing u fought the good fight of faith. Even while u battled with I’ll health u were spreadn God’s hope around d world through or broadcast. Your testimony is my encouragement. I pray God’s grace to carry on with or great work. I love u,even in death. Mama Jan,take heard. love you big

18. Gregory Mulenga says:

Certainly death will always be a mystery, when l head about the demise of Rev. Paul Crouch through the radio, something shocking went through my body as l have known this man together with his wife Jan dedicating and sacrificing their entire lives’ energy to invest in the spreading of the great gospel of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ besides that Paul Crouch through Apostle Pule the then Minister in the MMD govt in Zambia endured to open TBN Studio for christian broadcasting services which was the first one of its kind. Paul may your soul R.I.P. My sincere heart felt condolences to Jan and the entire family of TBN. We shall meet again.

19. Okechukwu christian udemba says:

Rip great man

20. kimberlee turner says:

Without hearing anything about the scandals before his death, I had a bad feeling about making a pledge. Especially how they had preachers on during the fundraiser accusing its viewers of free loading if they were watching without paying. Yes the Bible teaches God gets 10% of our earnings but it also teaches us to have discernment. I have no doubt at the beginning the Crouches were in it for reaching the unsaved but some where along the line abused the funds which caused them to back slide in their faith. God will not be mocked and he will shout your sin from the rooftops. But they are human & God is a forgiving merciful God to those who repent.

21. L Rasalam MD says:

Rev Paul Crouch was a great man of God. God used him to spread The Word and Love of God all over the world
    A humble man of God who was used by
    God May God bless the family with peace of mind and guide them step by step
    Amen

22. Rev. John Goffe says:

I thank God for Paul Crouch also Jan and family, for allowing the Holy Spirit used them mightily to start TBN back in the 70’s . As a result of their faithfulness to the ambassadorial call, millions have come to know Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior throughout the earth.as Tweedy said, you fought a good fight of faith. go on home. To receive your reward.. To the family of Paul Crouch. from Rev.John W. Goffe & Family, received our condolences for your loss of a great Pioneer and a great man of God!….

23. Azumah Seth says:

Oh!!! I’m so sorry to hear this, but I’m hopeful this man’s crown and city in heaven is goina be the best. He has really touched a lot of hearts and raised lots of people for Heaventhrough TBN. It has blessed me… His letters to me have made me what I am today… God keep ya till we meet in Heaven.

24. samuel says:

Condolences from Africa,
    The TBN family has touched the whole world with the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. Paul has fought the good fight; he has finished the race and is now in the presence of His Master.
    We pray for the Lord’s comfort to be on the Crouch’s family. We pray that TBN will soar to greater heights of service in honor of the founder and to the glory of the Lord.
    Amen.

25. Paul Crouch Sr. I will see you when I get home. Oh how I have been blessed by TBN and prayed for you and the dynasty for divinity you and Jan have established. My prayers are with the Crouch Family now as I remind you “God did not bring you this far to leave you.” I wish I was close enough to hug you all. I will be praying in the name of Jesus for your strength during this trying time. http://www.sharing-ministries.com

26. Tweety says:

PRAISE THE LORD for Paul Crouch and Jan and their family.
    None of us are going to get out of here alive, unless we are caught up to meet Him in the sky. Go to your rest solider, you fought a good fight of faith. Go on home to receive
    your reward. Family may the Holy Ghost comfort and keep you.

27. Mark McKenzie says:

I got saved watching TBN in 1987. I wish the news media had enough decency to stop all the slander and show a little respect when a man of God goes home to meet the Lord. I thank God for Paul Crouch and for TBN.

28. Christie says: