Tim Gunn Nabs His Own Fashion Competition Series On Lifetime

Tim Gunn Lifetime Fashion Competition
Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty Images

Harvey Weinstein included as an exec producer on the show

Designers, Tim Gunn has news for you.

The often imitated but never replicated mentor on “Project Runway” has received his own fashion competition titled “Under the Gunn.” Show will air on Lifetime, the same net that boasts “Runway.”

Series will bring “Runway” alums Mondo Guerra, Anya Ayoung-Chee and Nick Verreos on board as mentors to teams of designers that battle it out in a series of fashion competitions. The panel of critics lining the judges’ table on “Under the Gunn” include designer Rachel Roy, celeb stylist Jen Rade and Marie Claire’s senior fashion editor Zanna Roberts Rassi.

Lifetime will debut the 13-episode first run on Jan. 16.

“Under the Gunn” is produced by The Weinstein Company and Bunim-Murray Prods. Executive producers include Bob and Harvey Weinstein (Co-Chairmen of The Weinstein Company), Meryl Poster and Barbara Schneeweiss of The Weinstein Company, Jonathan Murray, Sara Rea and Teri Weidman of Bunim-Murray Productions and Gunn.  Eli Lehrer, Mary Donahue and David Hillman of Lifetime also executive produce.

1. MerMer says:

My distaste for Anya overwhelms my liking for Tim Gunn and Mondo.

2. Julia Duggan says:

So happy for you, such a class act, you are a pleasure to watch, you command such respect from peers.

3. Candi girl says:

This is going to be awesome! Tim is always brutally honest and will ensure only the top notch makes it to the end.

4. Susan Davenport says:

I am so excited. I love Tim Gunn and am looking forward to hi series. Look out Fashion World! There is a New Day Coming “Under the Gunn” !!!!

5. Eva says:

how is this different from project runway? or project runway all stars?

6. Tellgaye@yahoo.com says:

You can’t see me but I’m doing my happy dance

7. I love Tim Gunn! I am so freakin’ excited!

8. Who doesn’t love Tim Gunn? He is a sweetheart of a man who cares deeply about the fashion world and the young people he mentors! Bravo! Wink Wink!

9. Andrea Hughes says:

Sometimes good things do happen to good people! Good for you Tim! I hope you will be forever grateful to Heidi! BTW what dies Heidi think about this? Is she on board?? I hope so!!! Can’t wait to watch!!!

10. Will Tim stick around on Runway? Is this welcome competition to the Runway and Elves team?

11. Can’t wait to see it!

12. Mary Quigley says:

Great, something to look forward to this winter. Current TV programing, for the most part, is full of options that aren’t worth watching. Looking forward to an intelligent creative show.

13. Lela Garton says:

Anticipation reigns!

14. Finally, I can not wait. Tim is inspiring and has such an honest and pure way about him. He is absolutely the best, there is a saying in our house now when things start to get frustrating,and it puts a smile on our faces and we keep on moving forward. It is “Make It Work”. Thank You Tim, you have inspired my family as well. congratulations look forward to your show.

15. Jean says:

Cannot wait!!!!!!!!

16. Tim Gunn has a brilliant eye for fashion, style and what is marketable. I have a feeling this show will be delightfully brilliant and entertaining, as well as unique and refreshing.