‘The Glades’ Cancelled by A&E

the glades

A&E has taken an axe to crime drama “The Glades,” cancelling it after four seasons.

Canning arrives on the heels of “The Glades” pulling season high ratings during its season four finale this week, drawing 3.4 million total viewers in its Monday prime timeslot.

Created by Clifton Campbell, the Florida-set crime drama debuted on A&E in July of 2010, averaging just under 4 million viewers during its frosh run. Series spent three seasons on A&E’s Sunday night lineup before being bumped to Monday nights at 9 p.m. for its most recent run, where it averaged a little over 2.5 million viewers.

“The Glades” starred Matt Passmore and was produced by Fox TV Studios.

Still awaiting word on its fate is second-year drama “Longmire,” which aired alongside “The Glades” on Monday this season and fared better in the ratings than the vet.

A&E declined comment for this story.

1. Another show filmed in South Florida bites the dust… I’m thankful I was able to work on a few episodes before they pulled the plug :)

2. JA says:

Reading some of the previouis comments, I agree, Jim did not to seem to follow usual cop behaviors and sometimes the believability was a stretch. As a healthcare professional over 40 years, the healthcare path Callie’s career was moving on was even a bigger stretch. However, this was a “TV program” not rocket science. Did everyone forget the first year in Florida when Jim stretched every rule in the book? Regardless, I really enjoyed The Glades. I can’t beleive the show is going to end with Jim being shot & lying on the floor on his & Callie’s wedding day. What can be done to change the mind of the people who made this poor poor decision?

3. Jason says:

ALSO….The Glades and Longmire are the only times I watch A&E, without The Glades I’m going to DVR Longmire and go back to Major Crimes on TNT. A&E actually had a great show worth watching every week and shot themselves in the foot. Congrats dumb-*sses.

4. This is total crap! Have watched every episode of this show & love it! Awesome cliffhanger & you do this. NO WAY!!!! Bring it back!!!!

5. Amber says:

I am so upset! Not right to end a show like that. And I absolutely love the Glades! Really going to miss it. Maybe we should boycott A&E! Lol

6. Jason says:

The cancellation of The Glades is such a disappointment. I love this show. I tune in every week to watch it. A&E is doing the same thing every other station does, give up on a great series and an awesome cast. A&E should put themselves in the corner.

7. Barb g says:

That was a great show.. Lots of humor
    Am really going to miss it
    Maybe another network will pick it up

8. Don Benn says:

I agree with Dan Raidt’s assessment of the wide gap between reality and Jim’s behavior. Nevertheless, I enjoyed the show and will miss it.

9. Dan Raidt says:

Can’t say I am not that sorry it was a stretch as to how real detective work is done , Jim would lose his badge in every episode in the real world, I mean how many people can you accuse and violate their rights before finally arriving at the suspect. The relationship with Callie was really over the top. Now if they cancel the absolute best show they have then I would be really upset. Is there a better series the Longmire ? The combination of Robert Taylor and Lou Diamond Phillips is so good.

10. Damian says:

UNBELIEVABLE!!!! Moving the show to Mondays was a kiss of death from day 1. And yes, the love story got a tiny bit old this season, but the way they got everything back on track these last few episodes was awesome!! A & E will be getting blasted on my website, twitter and facebook starting…NOW!!

11. SD says:

A&E Lucky anybody watches your station Glades may or may not be a great show .However watched this show from the start >better than half the shit on cbs,nbc,and abc put in on another night like friday better than mon when it cannot win against proven prime time shows. fire your programmer.
    I can progam your station with winners.

12. mary bensel says:

I loved that show! That is silly.

13. Frankie Smith says:

WHAT???????? ARE THEY CRAZY??????? That was my night Tha Glades and Longmire. So they just decided just like that no more Glades!!! Who do I complain to?????

14. alangraubard says:

Hard to believe – very good show and the development of the characters and plot line was very good. Sorry to see this show leave the schedule.

15. EK says:

Not Chicago-set! It takes place in rural Florida, hence the title “The Glades.” Geez AJ!