‘Steve Harvey’ Renewed Through 2016 by NBC Stations

'Steve Harvey' Renewed Through 2016 NBC

Talkshop performed well in daytime's key femme demos

Steve Harvey will be sticking around in daytime, as Harvey’s eponymous yakker was renewed by NBC stations through 2016.

“Steve is one of the best entertainers in the country and his first season has been a tremendous success because of the personal connection he makes with the daytime audience,” said Ted Harbert, chairman of NBC Broadcasting. “It’s so great to see Steve’s very funny and substantive show being rewarded with long-term commitments from our station partners.”

Steve Harvey” was already renewed for its second season earlier this year. Today’s renewal through 2016 includes the NBC Owned TV Stations, Hearst, Cox, Fox and Sinclair, and clears over 65% of the U.S.

The syndie program entered a crowded daytime space last fall and led the ratings pack among newbie yakkers, topping in women 18-49 and women 25-54 among frosh contenders.

“Steve Harvey’s engaging, funny and warm style has been a hit with our audiences, and we couldn’t be happier to continue our partnership with Steve and his great team,” said Valari Staab, prez of NBC Owned Television Stations. “ ‘Steve Harvey’ has strengthened our daytime lineups and proven to be a strong lead in to ‘Ellen’ and, in turn, our local newscasts.”

“Steve Harvey” is produced by Endemol USA. Steve Harvey, Alex Duda and Rushion McDonald are executive producers. The show is distributed in national syndication by NBCUniversal Domestic Television Distribution and internationally by Endemol Worldwide Distribution.

1. Deborah Matthews says:

Congratulations Steve on another three years. When I heard the comment yesterday from one of your “haters” about OJ, with your response, I knew GOD would swing the door open wide. GOD Bless and all of you future endeavors.

2. katrina l. peterson says:

Hi Steve i just want to thank you for a job well done. When you believe in something whole heartly you make it a point to get everyone involed with the situation and that means alot to me, when i try to do the same about letting people know there rights, and to excercise them cause we can change things if we come together as one nation under GOD. I know this is out of the norm but hear goes. I live in Clearwater Florida and we have the only MARTIN LUTHER KING CENTER ever been closed down that is so sad to me. I’m on the Clearwater MLK coilation and we trying to get this center reopen. Dr. King I Have A Dream Speech 50th annivsary is coming up and it would be nice is we can get your support and NBC help we need $ 35,000 to get the Roof and Air Condition and the Alarm System fixed. Iknow it’s a wild chance but dreams do come true i’m a Believer in GOD and in my HEART that help is on the way thank you in advance.PLEASE HELP US : )

3. Janis McCray says:

Steve’s show is the best clean entertainment show on television today. I look forward to watching this man every weekday. You are the greatest, you are the friend to every woman I know. Your advice is good for women and men, although men complain. I also make sure my young granddaughters watch you too. Your advice will keep them from making mistakes that I made. In other words besides God, you are the best. I Love you Steve, the best show I saw was your show at the T.D. Jakes’ Woman Thou are loose shows in Atlanta. When you introduced God, WOW.

4. Trish Gregory says:

Steve is blessed and is a blessing to all! It’s Steve’s “season”. I record the Steve Harvey Show daily and can’t wait to watch when I get home in the evening. I am one of the biggest fans. Congratulations!!

5. Carol Bell says:

I love the guy! He is just great at everything that he does and definitely funny. Very personable and humble. Steve will be around for a long time if it’s God’s will. Bless you Steve

6. Georgena Shaw says:

I love your show and watch it every afternoon. I just watched your movie :Think like a man”. Loved it!!!!!!! I think you are awesome!!!!!! ♥

7. Valisa Wilks says:

God has blessed you to bless us your audience. Thanks Steve.

8. Doris Chaney says:

Steve you are great for daytime or night tv you are an amazing man and i applaud you God has his hands on you and i am happy for you. I watch everything that say Steve Harvey because you are real in what you do so keep on making me laugh and as you always do keep God First I Love u Steve a dear fan Doris Chaney in Mobile, Alabama

9. Cheryl B. says:

I truly love the Steve Harvey Show. I record them everything. I watch Family Feud because of him and if any other host is own, I will not watch it. He is very witty and will make any day full of laughs. Thank you NBC for renewing his contract. Steve, you are the male Oprah. I see bigger and better things in your future. Continue to put God first and everything else will fall in place for you. Go Steve!!!

10. Barbara Oliver says:

That is Awesome, a Blessing, Love Steve Harvey Show!!!!

• Alice Rivers says:

I’m a Steve Harvey “junkie”, from Family Feud to the Steve Harvey day time show. You will succeed as long as you put God first. Keep on doing it “Big Boy”