‘Sleepy Hollow’ Renewed by Fox for Second Season

Fox Upfront Sleepy Hollow

Series is the net's strongest fall drama premiere since '24' in 2001

Fox has ordered a 13-episode second season of “Sleepy Hollow,” making the fantasy thriller the first fall debut to be renewed for a sophomore run.

Renewal arrives just three episodes into “Sleepy Hollow’s” first season.

“Sleepy Hollow” ranks as Fox’s most successful fall drama premiere in over a decade. The program opened to 10 million viewers during its premiere, a number that blossomed to 13.6 million after three days of time-shifted viewing were accounted for. “Sleepy Hollow” has also retained a impressive number of its viewers since the show’s launch, even when faced with stiff broadcast competition that includes NBC’s “The Voice.”

“’Sleepy Hollow’ has proven to be a risk well worth taking – it’s a conceptual blast unlike anything else on television and it all holds together with inventive writing and a fantastic cast,” said Fox chairman of entertainment Kevin Reilly. “I can’t wait for fans to experience what else is in store for this fall and even more of this wild ride into season two.”

“Sleepy Hollow” stars Tom Mison and Nicole Beharie, and airs Monday nights at 9 p.m. on Fox. It is produced by Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci’s K/O Paper Products in association with 20th Century Fox TV.

1. Marty Henson says:

How many more episodes are there in season one? I am watching 5 now and so want to keep watching for several more episodes.

2. michelle says:

I am a fan, but I must confess I’m getting tired of seeing Mison in the same historical garb every episode. We get it, he’s from the past; now would somebody PLEASE take him shopping!

3. Sanchegg says:

The humor on this show is a real treat. I love it. Kind of reminds me of American Gothic.

4. T.Franks says:

Yay, 21st century buffy gets renewed. Chick who’s destined to fight evil, British guy as her “watcher” and a 7 year plan before it all unfolds… Awaiting the spinoff in a few years

5. Heather says:

Love sleepy hollow awesome

6. Ruth says:

Tom Mison is HOT. Super actor too. Give him a Marvel role.

7. Ren says:

Finally some good news! I think this show is incredible. Visually stunning, great writing, and what an unbelievably amazing cast. Well done to all involved in getting this on air. Sleepy Hollow following Bones makes for a most excellent Monday night!

8. Trae says:

Sooooooooooooo Happy… this really is the BEST new show of the season… as a librarian I love the new spin on an old story… because it’s got people curious and RESEARCHING… and the cast is AMAZING… Brit import EXCEL

9. Peter Greenwood says:

Kevin Reilly of Fox is a very astute man, If he had of been around back in the day Firefly it may have gone to a second season under his guidance.
    He is without a doubt the network head to watch.

10. Todd says:

I enjoyed the premiere, but checked-out during the second episode when I saw it was going to become a monster-of-the-week show (The Night Stalker and, to a lesser extent, The X-Files). Not for me…

11. Yes Yes I’m a Happy Happy Happy Follower

12. Jason says:

Finally getting it right. Most of the shows on TV are overrated, and underperformed. I.e, mindy project , downtown Abby , mad men , new girl ,glee

13. angel says:

yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy best freaking show right now.. you did good fox.