Prospect Park Pacts With FX Canada for ‘All My Children,’ ‘One Life’

All My Children

Sudsers to debut on Canuck cabler April 29, along with U.S. online distribution

Prospect Park’s digital resurrection of long-running soaps “All My Children” and “One Life to Live” have found a home on cable TV — but for now only in the Great White North, not the U.S.

Production house cut deal with FX Canada, which has exclusive Canadian broadcast rights to sudsers. Half-hour segments of “All My Children” and “One Life to Live” premiere April 29 and will air weekdays starting with “AMC” at noon ET followed by “One Life” at 12:30 p.m.

FX Canada is majority owned by Rogers Media, in partnership with News Corp.’s FX Networks.

Prospect Park licensed rights to both soaps after ABC canceled them in 2011. Prospect Park is currently shooting new segs at a studio in Stamford, Conn., and will debut both Stateside on April 29 on Hulu, iTunes (for 99 cents each) and on Prospect’s website, The Online Network.

FX Canada also carries Prospect Park-produced comedy “Wilfred” plus shows from Stateside FX cousin, including “American Horror Story,” “Louie” and “The Americans.”

“ ‘All My Children’ and ‘One Life to Live’ are a unique addition to FX Canada’s slate of provocative and critically acclaimed dramas,” Scott Moore, Rogers Media’s broadcast prexy, said in a statement. “As the only television channel in North America broadcasting these new series, FX Canada continues its commitment to deliver exclusive, premium content to its viewers.”

Prospect Park is freshening up the skeins, which each ran on broadcast TV for 40-plus years. Sudsers include old and new characters.

In addition, to appeal to younger auds, studio enlisted Snoop Lion (rapper formerly known as Snoop Dogg) to write and produce the new theme song performed by Iza Lach for “One Life to Live.” Snoop Lion also will guest on three segs.

“Our partnership with Rogers answers an overwhelming demand from viewers in Canada to access our transformed ‘All My Children’ and ‘One Life to Live’ programming, and incrementally furthers our footprint across all of North America,” Prospect Park partner Rich Frank said in statement.

1. Janice Lawhorn says:

I watched All My Children and One Life to Live for over 40 years. It really stinks that people in Canada can watch them on TV and Americans have to watch online. I know so many people that don’t have computer. And even though I have a computer, the picture and sound are so bad, I won’t be watching. If they come back on TV , I’ll watch.

2. Portia says:

Thank you a million times to the nth power for bringing back OLTL!! I am hoping and praying that Starr Manning will return to the show, and the show will eventually be an hour long once again. Finally, the long “withdrawal period” is over!!!

3. Cindy Drummond says:

4. Sandy says:

First of all, a HUGE THANKS to Prospect Park for their vision in bringing back our wonderful shows. It’s like a miracle and I am grateful beyond belief!!! It’s like the old saying “You don’t miss the water till the well runs dry!” We’ll, I can truthfully say that I had never become bored or tired of watching “All My Children” for 37 wonderful and entertaining years, and yes, I did have a life beyond this daytime drama! It was always like comfort food and a cozy place to go to relax and unwind. On occasion, I would ask myself what would I do and how would I feel if the show ever came to an end? However, I always told myself it would never happen and refused to believe that it could! I received the news from my husband one morning and totally thought he was teasing me but when I discovered he was, indeed, telling the truth, It was as if my second family had moved away forever and it’s difficult to express the degree of sadness I have felt since the show last aired. Over the last several years my husband would watch it with me and also became a huge fan. I will also be tuning in to “One Life to Live.”

Secondly, I would like to express my Thanks to Roger’s Cable Network for making it possible to watch on my television in high definition via FX Canada. Rogers, you are very smart, savvy and insightful!!!!! I am elated that you have taken this on and I will remain being a Rogers customer and have been telling all my friends…..”If you don’t have Rogers, you need to Switch!” Tomorrow is actually my birthday and what an unbelievable birthday present…..the best ever!!!!! Cannot begin to express my excitement and degree of anticipation about sitting down to watch tomorrow! Oh, yes, indeed, this gives contentment a whole new meaning!!!!!

5. Alice MacKinnon says:

Unfortunately, I don’t have Rogers cable and after 40+ years as a loyal viewer of AMC, I will be unable to watch it. Sob

6. Kristen McCall says:

I wish you would find more tv stations here in the states that will show it. I do have a computer but it would be really nice to see it on tv again. Thanks for bringing our soaps back.

7. katie ernest says:

thank you so much for putting it on tv for us Canadians I am so happy. I was so worried that we wouldn’t be able to watch them. I already called rogers and now have it just waiting for the 29 to watch them. My whole family is excited to see them again even my kids told me mom you better taped them so we can watch them after school. Thanks again for bringing our family back to tv

8. Daytime television just isn’t the same without All My Children and One Life to Live. I personally think the soaps were better without the double personalities, those really got boring. I remember when they both came to ABC and I won’t watch anything ABC offers in the afternoons except General Hospital. Please come back to television, if not on ABC, another network. We love All My Children and One Life to Live. I will watch them on line.

9. Nancy Lee says:

I can’t tell you how excited I was today to find out that AMC will be brought back to life!!! I have watched AMC on and off for my adult life. “Off” when I was working, then “On” when the vhs recorders and now the dvr’s came into existence. Haven’t missed an episode in years!! I don’t care if I have to watch it online, just having it back makes my day!!!! Thank you Prospect Park!!

10. Sandy says:

I have watched these 2 soaps for 30 years, I was sad when they took them off. I am even more sad that they will not be on my TV. I have completely stopped watching ALL ABC programs because of their stupidity. I do hope and pray that they will be returned to American TV. We get HGTV which is what I understand to be Canadian as well, please return these shows to TV here a well.

11. George says:

For those complaining about these soaps not being on TV and only online. All it takes is an internet connected Tv via wifi built in. Hulu Plus can be viewed through game consoles (PS3, XBOX 360), smart tv’s or even stream players like Roku and others as well as tablets and smartphones via app stores like Google Play. It was a TV Network that cancelled it, I’m glad it’s not returning to conventional TV. Its their loss. Now they have more freedom; less restrictions.
    I’m looking forward to it in its new format.

• Beth says:

George, not everyone has smart tv’s, smartphones etc. There are also people on fixed incomes who can’t afford to pay for Hulu Plus.

12. jennifer says:

I live in the US and I have no desire to sqaut in front of my computer screen for an hour everyday. I don’t understand why America couldn’t have OLTL and AMC on TV. In fact, PLEASE bring them to TV in America, Prospect Park!

13. caterina says:

It would be great if they could actually respond to the overwhelming demand for OLTL and AMC on American TV as well! A lot of people cannot watch online.

14. sue says:

yesterday i was thinking I was never going to see them , now I’m very happy for this news.thank you so much.But it won’t be free as the FX Canada channel is not in my cable package I will have to call Rogers and up grade and pay for it.But that’s OK they are worth their weight in gold.Thank you thank you.