Lindsay Lohan Interview Draws Soft Ratings for OWN

Oprah Lindsay Lohan Interview

Her post-rehab chat with Oprah Winfrey premieres to about 900,000 viewers Sunday night

It may have been a good weekend on the bigscreen for Oprah Winfrey with “Lee Daniels’ The Butler,” but her smallscreen chat with Lindsay Lohan didn’t resonate very well with viewers.

According to Nielsen, an average audience of 892,000 viewers tuned into the “Oprah’s Next Chapter” interview with Lohan, her first post-rehab sitdown. While certainly an improvement over the show’s average for the prior three weeks (478,000), it pales in comparison to the host’s other high-profile interviews on the network.

Counting the two repeats that aired later on Sunday, “Oprah’s Next Chapter” cumed 1.67 million viewers, according to Nielsen.

Winfrey drew a considerably larger audience — roughly 3.1 million — for the first of a two-night interview with Lance Armstrong, who admitted to taking performance-enhancing drugs while winning seven  Tour de France races.

Winfrey’s March 2012 interview with Whitney Houston’s family following the singer’s death drew a network-record 3.5 million. And last summer, an interview with singer Rihanna drew 2.4 million.

OWN has had good success of late in the scripted arena, as Tyler Perry’s “The Haves and the Have Nots” hit another high last week with 2.14 million viewers. The soap has been picked up for a second season.

1. Roderick Jefferson says:

‘The Haves & the Have Nots’ is really a good show.Every scene keeps your attention to the very end of each episode, this show is definitely a ” MUST KEEP” in other words it`s a keeper for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Each character works their acting skills to the max!!!!! Please bring it back soon it`s extremely entertaining,me and my Aunt look forward to seeing it every week.Actually it should come on more than one hour. Lookin’ forward to the new series. January can`t come quick enough for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. S says:

“The Haves and the Have Nots” is definitely a hit, and I wouldn’t miss that show for anything. Now, “Love thy Neighbor” is a different story. The only thing good about “Love thy Neighbor” is Momma Hattie, and Floyd. All the other characters are fake, phony and down right boring. I record that show, so I can fast forward to the parts with Momma Hattie. If “Love thy Neighbor” comes back for another season, he should keep Momma Hattie and Floyd and kill off the rest of the cast and replace them with some better actors. That show is getting boring an its going to get to the point, where no one will watch it if he doesn’t make some changes. If you noticed “Love thy Neighbor” was not mentioned in the article, and there’s a reason for that.

3. JOYCE RICHARDSON says:

I DON’T LIKE LOVE THY NEIGHBOR.

• Chuck says:

Neither do I..It’s slow & boring. I can’t take Mattie either: she tries too hard to play the old lady, her voice is annoying, & I hate the way she does her mouth.

4. Fred Habacht says:

We try to not watch OWN if there is any alternative….including turning off the TV

5. chisum says:

Could it be that few people really care what Lindsey Lohan has to say about anything?

6. Beedogs says:

The Butler purports to expose racism. “My grandmother was a typical white woman”. “The police acted stupidly” – leading to the “beer summit”. “If I had a son he would look like Trayvon” the doper, thief, and thug. Yep, the racists are alive and well – and living in the white house.

Not to mention the Traitor Hanoi Jane portraying Nancy Reagan? Could these race baiting, offensive, military hating liberals be more transparent?

7. Joan says:

Will not go see the “Butler”….too convenient that Oprah felt she was “discriminated” in Switzerland….really?

8. Billyj says:

She has gotten too political and race baiter.

9. gunnyginalaska says:

America is sick of a fat whiny victim crying about racism while making millions and a loser whining about her pathetic life.

10. A Tale of Two Women: One self-destructive; the other nationally destructive.

11. And you can bet every single one of them was an Obama voter. What does that tell you?

12. Needed to ask Lohan if she wanted to buy a $38,000 purse.

13. Kent says:

A loser being interviewed by a clown. Not exactly “must-see” TV.

14. derek marlowe says:

Two has-beens chatting it up.

15. EEK SEZ says:

No one really cares anymore what Lindsay does. I never really watch OWN either. I had no interest to tune in. We’ve heard these stories from her before and frankly no one cares anymore. She was basically a kid actor that could have had a good career, but she threw it away. I doubt any movie studio would even hire her. It’s time for her to find a new career and forget acting.

16. Winchester says:

I wouldn’t watch OWN if they paid me.

17. Jack Levitt says:

I love watching OWN circle the drain. Truly poetic justice.

18. It’s sad that Oprah promoted the Butler by accusing some poor sales clerk in Europe of racism. Which the clerk denied happened.

• Stedman says:

Yes, it was sad. Oprah has done this before (waiving the race card when nothing to waive about), and it’s really soured us all on her. She’s jumped the shark some time ago.

As far as the interview with Lohan, it shows again how far some have fallen and will continue to fall. (Oprah)
      And as far as Lohan… not many care what she has to say… they’re just watching for the repeated train wreck.

I could do without hearing from either of them again.