Hallmark Channel Cancels Marie Osmond’s Talkshow

Marie Osmond

'Marie' eyeing a syndicated launch for fall 2014

Hallmark Channel has pulled the plug on Marie Osmond’s talkshow after just one season, but the yakker will be brought into the syndication space next fall.

In a statement issued July 2 afternoon, cabler said: “With so many talk show offerings in the daypart … Hallmark Channel has decided not to greenlight a second season of ‘Marie.'” Talkshow launched on Hallmark last fall.

With “Marie” cancelled, Hallmark plans to lean away from the talkshow space and more toward lifestyle programming in daytime.

“We determined that the best direction for this daypart is to offer quintessential lifestyle service shows that inform and entertain our viewers with how to, tips and ideas for living their best lives.  We also find these types of shows best serve today’s demand for digital video,” the statement continued.

Associated TV Intl., the shingle behind “Marie,” confirmed to Variety that it is already in talks with station groups to bring the talkshow to the syndie market.

“Our initial exposure on Hallmark Channel provided the perfect launching ground, and we’re delighted with the unprecedented media attention Marie and the program has enjoyed,” said Jim Romanovich, prez of ATI. “Based on the interest and requests from many groups and key stations across the country, next fall we’re making ‘Marie’ available to several outlets.”

1. Deborah Schneider says:

It is too bad, that you can’t keep a positive show like Marie’s show on the air. Instead showing us more of so call life shows, that don’t have any positive in them.

2. Terri says:

Sorry Marie! I really enjoyed your show. Don’t think the network is all that. You are very special. My husband and I were in Las Vegas a few years back. We had booked tickets for your show and it was cancelled. They asked if we wanted to rebook for the next night, but we had already booked another show for the next night. I was so disappointed, especially since the other show was kind of just ok. Your show on Hallmark made me sort of forget that we had missed your show in Vegas. Hope we can get to Vegas again soon. Don’t worry about the network, you are so talented and funny they will be sorry.

3. Renee Garland says:

I was very disappointed in Hallmark for doing this, I have always been a fan of the Hallmark channel or anything put out by them, This was an excellent addition to the lineup for daytime viewing. I start my day with watching her show, its informative, family friendly, and tackles subjects that are a concern to a lot of women, The guests for her show were informative and the programming seemed to care about the issues that many women face in today’s world. it also provided a sense of humor to the serious side of these subjects. I have been so shocked to see the negative statements out here they are cruel and hateful. I am not sure why. perhaps jealousy, they have always been known to be a close and caring family.I certainly thought the show fit everything that the Hallmark Channel represented. It made me start my day with a smile and a feel good feeling that there were those out there that cared about people and their daily lives.

4. M McColley says:

I am very disappointed that Hallmark is cutting this show. I love her honesty, humor, information, down home charm, and heart. I was so happy to see that Hallmark had such good sense and caring about its audiences and now once again we get excited about something and then they yank it. Bad move Hallmark and such a disappointment.

• Renee Garland says:

I want to add that this is the first group of statements that are not negative. I am so happy to see that these others feel as I do about losing the Marie show. Even my sons were surprised they thought she did an excellent job. Guess she was not down and dirty enough. What a shame!!!!

5. Don Trevarthen says:

Seriously,
    We need more show like Marie on tv. This show is so informative and fun.
    Hallmark will be losing a lot of people and their support by canceling this show. The only reason I go into a hallmark store, is because of the Marie Show. No show – no need to shop at Hallmark. Just saying!

6. Carolyn Smith says:

I caught the last of her recipe for whit teeth. I would like to know what it is!!!!

7. Nicole says:

I did like Marie’s show and it was one of the only one’s I watched. The only time I didn’t like it was when she would bring up God or say something dumb such as comparing kick boxing exercise to professional boxing training. Katie Couric can say and ask dumb questions sometimes too. I have no intentions of watching that awful Bethany or Chris Jenner. Basically I only tune in for a certain guest with shows like these.

8. Kathie Hoppe says:

I can’t understand it. We were able to have a clean, family-friendly talk show for once in our lives and Hallmark, unfortunately went for the money. What a shame.

9. Yvonne Smith says:

What is Hallmark thinking? Marie is wonderful and I watch her show everyday!

10. Sheila white says:

Hallmark is making a huge mistake not keeping Marie on for next season. Her show is great I enjoy it very much.

11. Linda Evans says:

I love this show!! Amazing guests, great recipes, Marie is a breath of fresh air.
    Her words from her at the end of the show are the best.
    Hallmark is making a mistake!

12. Karhy says:

I was looking for tickets for her show and found this article that Marie was being cancelled! I’m so disappointed! Liked her show because she wasn’t fake and was down to earth. She acts more like a friend and is very sincere. I’m hoping Hallmark will reconsider or she will be picked up by another network.

13. Lisa Ebert says:

I am a huge Osmond fan and have been for years. I have been to Vegas several times to see their show. However I felt that the talk show lacked something – I can’t put my finger on it. I was not surprised when I heard it had been cancelled. Being a Marie fan was not enough to keep me watching it. I became embarrassed for her every time with every guest she mentioned her age of 29 and how many great legends she worked with.

14. Brenda Logie says:

Marie show was absolutely the best talk show on TV. Very disappointed that Hallmark is not renewing but just read that maybe she will continue on another station. I HOPE THAT HAPPENS, as she is an excellent host, so kind, caring, funny and a great interviewer!. She is terrific and I hope she gets another chance if that is what she wants!.

15. Nancy says:

I loved Marie s show she took time with her guests and asked the right questions did not get into gossip always positive stuff I hope she gets another chance I thought she did a great job going to miss her show bad mistake hallmark!!!!

16. Debbie Hagen says:

I have loved every minute of Marie’s show! Of all the talk shows out there, you could expect good clean fun and entertainment and also learn about a lot of different things. She’s been the only one I watch including the late night shows that I cannot stand!
    With Marie’ owns upbringing and experiences she’s had, good and bad, funny or sad, she relates to EVERYONE!! This is a huge mistake for Hallmark!

17. Penny says:

Don’t like not having Marie’s show off .

• gail says:

love the show. if she is too busy i understand. maybe she can produce more locally to her base home

• Carolyn says:

Love her show watch it everyday It was nice to have a great show to watch each day on the positive side of things we need more of this kind of show . Love to Marie