‘Duck Dynasty’: Phil Robertson Suspended Indefinitely Following Anti-Gay Remarks

Duck Dynasty

“Duck Dynasty” star Phil Robertson has been placed on indefinite hiatus from the reality program following his controversial remarks in GQ magazine regarding homosexuality. While the cast member has not officially been fired, he will not be filming with the show moving forward.

A+E Networks, parent company of  A&E, has released the following statement to Variety:

“We are extremely disappointed to have read Phil Robertson’s comments in GQ, which are based on his own personal beliefs and are not reflected in the series Duck Dynasty. His personal views in no way reflect those of A+E Networks, who have always been strong supporters and champions of the LGBT community.”

As noted in a previous Variety article, Robertson discusses in his GQ  interview his religious beliefs and about sin, saying, “start with homosexual behavior and just morph out from there. Bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men.” Then, the GQ writer paraphrases Corinthians saying, “don’t be deceived. Neither the adulterers, the idolaters, the male prostitutes, the homosexual offenders, the greedy, the drunkards, the slanderers, the swindlers — they won’t inherit the kingdom of God. Don’t deceive yourself. It’s not right.”

Robertson added in the interview, “It seems like, to me, a vagina — as a man — would be more desirable than a man’s anus. That’s just me. I’m just thinking: There’s more there! She’s got more to offer. I mean, come on, dudes! You know what I’m saying? But hey, sin: It’s not logical, my man. It’s just not logical.”

“Duck Dynasty” has been a ratings juggernaut for A&E, recently drawing around 9 million viewers for its Christmas special. Gurney Prods.-produced program can move on without Phil Robertson attached to the series, as the bearded men at the center of the Robertson clan include Jase, Willie and Uncle Si, among others.

1. I don’t think its right what they did to phil his a good man I watch the show all the time and love it

2. James says:

A&E should not have been supporting the GLAAD and LGBT to start with! Secondly Phil only stated a fact from the Bible! What is so bad is that so man in this county have turned their backs on decent and moral behavior! I stand with Phil, and God’s word! America “One Nation Under God!” What part of that do folks not get!

3. I stopped watching A&E the day this story came out. The sole reason was loss of free speech; how dare you dictate to others concerning what can or cannot be spoken especially so many vulgar reality shows you produce.

4. I will not watch A&E unt89il Phill is back…

5. Charlie Schoenbrodt says:

It is a sad situation when a Christian living in the greatest nation on earth, established on the foundation of Religious Freedom and the Freedom of speech, is punished for practicing those two freedoms because a minority group feels that their practices are under attack. The truth is the truth and if that minority can not recognize that, may God bless them.

6. Charles Berry says:

I support Phil. I was extremely happy to see the family will not do the show without him. I won’t watch A&E anymore until they apologize to Phil and invite him back. I watch the show because that family does not spew bull rap. A&E are hypocrites. They suspend him, but intend to run marathons this week with him in them. Also to run the episodes he already filmed for distribution in January. I hope the family says screw them. Wait out the year and then choose whatever network they want. I hear Cracker Barrel is pulling their products off the shelf. Well I love Cracker Barrel. But I can’t support them anymore. I support the boycott against them and and any other retailer or advertiser that abandons Phil or any other member of that family. Cracker Barrel you have made a huge mistake. Your base loves that family. I’m betting you are putting yourself in a very bad position.

• chris says:

Cracker barrel is pulling duck dynasty stuff off their shelves in support of PHIL. they are continuing to sell Duck Commander products which are owned by the Robertson family. A & E owns duck dynasty.

• mari says:

Check your local walmart because I saw them pulling duck dynasty cookies and asked the manager why. She confirmed it was due Phils’ statement. I told her it that is true, i won’t shop there any more. Now I will ad cracker barrel to my list and pass it on to my church. I suggest just in case, that people check themselves to see if products have been removed. I would hate for it to turn out that one store did something based on their individual ownership or management.

• no one cares anyway except the feds. says:

stop shopping at walmart? good god are you rich . a poor man has little choice , but that said walmart is a media fed bunch of hypocrites. they serve the left wing rednecks of us due to economy and yet throw the moral right wing media at us all the time such a shame we cant walk away from those falling prices.

7. Mary says:

David Williams,
    First, I will boycott A&E. Yes, I share Robertson’s values. No I do not hate homosexuals. Yes, it is about anatomy and Christian beliefs. If you profess to accept the King James Bible or even the Catholic Bible, if you are Jewish which is where much of the Old Testament came from, God created Man. For Man, he created Woman differently. Someone said, what would God think if he was walking the earth today? I would think he would wonder how did his creation go so wrong. What is man doing having sex with another man and women having sex with each other? Marriage is between a man and a woman. No caveats or rationalization in the Bible. And this nation was founded on Judeo-Christian principles, no matter how misinformed Obama is about this. If you feel that you were born this way, then don’t have sex and all will be right.

If you take God out of the equation, and just look at nature, men and women are sexually different to accommodate the natural order of procreation. All male and female species on this earth can procreate….different races have the ability to procreate, i.e., black, hispanic, asians, etc. Homosexuals cannot procreate and therefore, cannot be categorized as equals. Gay sexual behavior is aberrant, UNNATURAL…. and disease prone, i.e. AIDS. You can rationalize all you want that this thinking is bigoted, hateful, unequal, blah blah, it is wrong and unnatural and no, you do not deserve equal rights of marriage. Actually I wonder how this has become so distorted and upside down.

I expect hateful comments from the gay community so now who is righteously feeling hateful and judgemental? I accept you, not your behavior or sensitivity, but you choose to be different and laud it, oftentimes prancing about as if this is cute. It may be cute to your community. It is not cute. It is sad.

I’m hoping these remarks will not be edited out as my last ones were.

8. Kimmie says:

Ok, in my earlier post I said how I supported his freedom of speech, and I do, but really what he said wasn’t so much about his religion, but about condemning gay people because of their so called sinning. I support anyone’s right to express themself, but when you sign a contract you have to follow it. A&E has every right to do as they wish if he was in breach. Get over that.

9. Harold says:

Let’s get real. Homosexual behavior is a sin. America will pay the price for putting their laws above God’s law. What happened to the right of free speech? What happened to the freedom of religion beliefs? Christians are losing their rights because our belief offends the non-believer. OK….where is my rights? I am offended by the gay community. I get sick when I see two guys or two girls making out with each other. I am offended by Muslims. They are worshipping another god instead of the only God. I feel that their religion is hypocritical and offensive. Look how they treat their women and then say it is OK by their god. I am offended my Obama for allowing our rights to me trampled on and beaten down. WHERE OUR MY RIGHTS!!!!

10. Brenda says:

How very intolerant of A&E. Since when have we as americans been unable to speak public about our religious beliefs. It seems that America’s entertainment industry is tolerant and supportive of almost every other religious-based belief except Christianity, the only religion that is based on the Word of God, known as the Bible, and that preaches the name of JESUS.

11. GLabab says:

I heard GLAD said they would not “tolerate” that kind of thinking. Since when is our right to think (in our own brains) not allowed? It’s totally ludicrous. And, for any magazine or news source to not expect this type of answer out of this particular man (that is clearly known for his beliefs) is just plain stupid! I can’t even use the word ignorant because the interviewer and the magazine knew EXACTLY what response they would get.

GLAD, or any other group, that blast others for differing opinions are total, utter hypocrites. You have your beliefs, your own lifestyle and code of conduct, so be TOLERANT, as you ALWAYS expect of others, and let the man have his own opinion. We all know yours (and we have to “tolerate” it)!!!!!

• Judy Bailey says:

If you will just look back this has really gone into high gear since Obama took over t his country. The media would have you believe that there are many more gays and lesbians in th is country than really are. They are outnumbered but since the radical left has control of our media they would have you believe otherwise. I refuse t o watch anything but Fox News(which I have heard are changing)and Glenn Beck.who is the real thing.

12. Russell G Field 3rd says:

if phil isnt re-instated then a&e will be blocked from all tvs in this household.thank you phil for being an honest man. The Field family.

13. MBarov says:

Really? The only people that aren’t allowed to have an opinion or a personal conviction anymore is the Evangelical Christian. However, we have the TRUTH on our side, and so I commend Phil Robertson for sharing his Biblically-based opinions, although he could have shared with a little more tact! He knew this would cause a backlash, and yet he stepped out anyway. I hope the other Robertsons will step down as well… no Phil, then no show!

• laura says:

this is a travesty. you have others out there sharing their beliefs but yet they are still going. he HAS THE RIGHT to voice how he feels as do others and come on REALLy how many people REALLY READ GQ? i don’t know any who do!!!

14. Mark says:

At what point is our freedom of speech protected by the constitution. Gays seem to have more rights now than the rest of us.

15. Paul says:

Wow, What has this world come To….. Really? ….. It’s just a TV Show! Look at The Big Picture People!
    Your KIDs, Your Family and Your Community. Things are Not Good . This Is Crap, Just a Dristraction Of What Is really Going On In This Life.!

16. gary says:

Way to go A&E boot those biggoted hillblllys out, let them crawl back under the rock they came from.

• helen says:

Really because he had the balls to say what alot of ppl feel get the hell over it freedom of speech remember that

• george gras says:

Speaking of Crawling back under their rock, I’d suggest a smart fella like you would be clever enough to follow your own good advice so,,,”Get Crawlin” Ya Freakin Rock Sucker Sum Bitch”

• AhContraire says:

If one is against polygamy, incest, or pedophilia, would they also be a bigot?

And would all of aforementioned be justified in the name of ‘LOVE’? Do the “ends” justify the “means” at any cost? Are gays really being honest with themselves and others in “coming out of the closet”? Why the need for gay “pride” in the first place decades ago? Perhaps someone can explain why they want to shame others for their hate or homophobia when they themselves needed to advertise and promote their own “pride” well before anyone knew about gay pride?

ONE LAST POINT/QUESTION.

Yet, now there are some in the medical community that now say it’s OK to “Sleep with the waste that gets flushed down in the toilet?” and that it’s possible to live a perfectly normal life.

17. Don Stiles says:

Since when is it discriminatory to be for Godly and morality values. Well; I guess we should not discriminate against pedophiles then huh. By definition: [An adult 18yr, who has sexual desire for children 17yr,.] So there you have it you hypocrites if you are 50 or older, chances are your precious Daddy’s were pedophiles. It was most common from early as recorded history and up until the early 1900s that the average woman got married between the ages of 14 to 17 years of age and their Husbands on average were between the ages of 19 to 25. My Mother was 16 and my Father was 23 and I was 19 and my Wife was 16.I tell you this it is NORMAL and MORAL that a man that is 23 with an honorable, proper, and respectable intent takes interest in a 14 year old woman, with an appropriate relationship, I.e. conduct that is respectable to God the man and the woman and both parents. Dating for a suitable period of time becomes engaged and consummates their marriage ON THEIR FIRST NIGHT OF BEING MARRIED.Is more moral than homosexuals even if there married. With that said in my opinion a pedophile is someone that wants sex with a minor for the sake of having sex especially before puberty you know 11yr 8yr old, and I say homosexuals are lower and more perverted than pedophiles. Whenever you hear the argument for pro homosexuals or more correctly PRO-PERVERTED replace the word homosexual, gay, lesbian or whatever with the word pedophile, back at them so they can see how foolish their reasoning is.

• Anton Breitschleif says:

I couldn´t care less about what Phil Robertson or any other (in my opinion deluded) religious person believes in, they can tell me that I will go to hell because I was born a homosexual and I am fine with that.

I might even giggle a little bit about how those people are so stubborn about preaching what people can and cannot do based on a couple thousand years old fairy tale. That´s all fine and dandy, while those people are stuck in their dream world I actually live a decent, progressive life full of love and happiness and am not wasting my energy on trying to make others feel miserable about themselves.

But if Phil Robertson or whoever else claims (and I quote directly and not out of context from his hateful, disgusting speech from 2010 which can be found by searching “Phil Robertson speech” on youtube) that since I am a homosexual I am “bowing down to birds, animals and reptiles”, that I am “ruthless”, “full of murder and envy”, “arrogant”, “heartless” and “invent ways of doing evil”, I will take a stance and am SO happy that A&E did as well and tell them that they are lying, insane people and that I/we will not take these insults just like that.

Because of these and other statements, A&E suspended him which is their right as the employee, they can fire him for whatever reason they want to. Last time I checked it wan´t a constitutional right to be on a reality TV show.

Phil Robertson did not go to jail, wasn´t charged or trialed so NOBODY touched his right to freedom of speech in the slightest by simply banning him from the network. He can live his misguided life full of prejudice and loathing on however he wants to.
      But A&E just doesn´t want to be connected to it because they actually did choose integrity over economical interests for which millions of people are very grateful.

In a world where there is already enough discrimination based on the most ridiculous, shallow reasons it is extremely important to show on a big, worldwide scale that it will not go without consequences to condemn and insult millions of people with nothing else but your own, hallucinated opinion to base “facts” on which you made up yourself and preach as the truth.

• christine says:

Your calling the bible a fairytale??? Are you totally ignorant??

• Brenda says:

The Bible has been around for hundreds of years and much of what is in it, including prophesies, has been verifed and prophesies in it are being fulfilled in this time that we live in right now. Do you know of any other book that can claim that?

It is an act of love and mercy when someone says what God, our creator, says is right or wrong. You do not need to agree with it, but it is “intolerant and a form of censorship” when you punish them for speaking it.

18. christine says:

From a biblical view he is right on! The scripture is found in 1 corinthians 6:9.some people may reason that we live in a differnt time now…Thats crazy! THE MORALS TODAY ARE SO FAR GONE, AND SO FAR AWAY FROM THE bibles teachings.That is why the world is the way it is. Jeremiah 10:23 says…to earthly man his way does not belong.It does not belong to man who is walkingeven to direct his step.This is so true

19. Greg Baxter says:

Huh?

20. Donna McGinley says:

We are as entitled to our opinions as anyone else. This has gone on for too long. When a person can’t even wish anyone a “Merry Christmas” something has gone very wrong. This gay mess is just another way for some of you to pull our chains!!!!

21. Lisa Fisher says:

I would pull the whole family out they made their money

22. david williams says:

Really? Is it about sexual anatomy? What a bunch of ignorant yay-hoos. AE has made the right move by removing a biggot from the airwaves. These kind of comments as well as the comments posted below about sexual anatomy are definately indicators that certain segments of our society have yet to evolve. All you Christians that support the Mr. Robinson ( And I know there are many who don’t)ought to ask yourselves what would Jesus do or say about all this? I doubt he would support the biggots.

23. Matthew says:

First of all, I just want to get it out there that I 100% back up Phil Robertson’s comments on homosexuality. As a man a woman’s vagina turns me on a lot more than a mans anus. It is just not right to have these sort of feelings about men. We all sin and I understand that, but when you know you are gay and you are not trying to be straight that is when you must start questioning yourself as a Christian.

• Michelle says:

Jesus would say repent and turn away from your sins. I’ll say this…if you don’t then you are hell bound.

• As a Christian clergyman who is gay, I find our comments completely inaccurate. Ecumenical Catholic Diocese of Texas, Rt. Rev. Robert D, Hall, OFC / Police Chaplain Services

• AhContraire says:

Not sure what comments you find completely inaccurate as there are 4000+ comments.
        Regardless, shouldn’t everyone ask the following two questions regarding medical safety?

That is, Doesn’t the medical community recommend that you, “Wash your hands after you go to the bathroom.”?

• Archduke says:

Sorry sir…….calling yourself a “clergyman” and being one are two separate things. True Catholics consider the teaching of your group to be heretical in nature. You are no more a true priest than the guy that made these comments…..

24. Kiki says:

For all the “it’s in the Bible!” people:

Jesus’ message is clear—it is impossible for anyone to be saved on his own merits. Since wealth was seen as proof of God’s approval, it was commonly taught by the rabbis that rich people were blessed by God and were, therefore, the most likely candidates for heaven. Jesus destroyed that notion, and along with it, the idea that anyone can earn eternal life. The disciples had the appropriate response to this startling statement. They were utterly amazed and asked, “Who then can be saved?” in the next verse. If the wealthy among them, which included the super-spiritual Pharisees and scribes, were unworthy of heaven, what hope was there for a poor man?

Jesus’ answer is the basis of the gospel: “With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God” (Matthew 19:26). Men are saved through God’s gifts of grace, mercy, and faith (Ephesians 2:8-9). Nothing we do earns salvation for us. It is the poor in spirit who inherit the kingdom of God (Matthew 5:3), those who recognize their spiritual poverty and their utter inability to do anything to justify themselves to a holy God. The rich man so often is blind to his spiritual poverty because he is proud of his accomplishments and has contented himself with his wealth. He is as likely to humble himself before God as a camel is to crawl through the eye of a needle.

25. AhContraire says:

Instead of remarks, why not ask these two questions?

26. boonts says:

Lets get a few things out of the way: Studying the Bible from back to front and front to back, there is NO reference that Christians should hate others, cast aspersions, and/or to be a hypocrite. However, this behavior is very common, but not supported by the Bible. It’s merely a misinterpretation.

Secondly, religion and beliefs are up to the individual and/or his/her maker and hatred serves no purpose being professed to the general public. If you believe in Judgement Day, then you should know that the Bible also does not state that Christians will be judged based on the majority vote of other Christians.

We should love all mankind, regardless.

Lastly, if you feel less deserving than others, then change things in your life: You’re in control of your own destiny.

• Greg Baxter says:

The scripture that Phil is quoting is 1 Corinthians 6:9 “9 Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men[a] 10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.”

I can find no way in Phil’s statement where he tells anyone to hate, ridicule or harm anyone in any way. He simply disagrees with the sinful lifestyle and quotes God’s own word for the way he feels and believes. I have personally witnessed Phil and other members of White’s Ferry Road Church of Christ welcome and love individuals struggling with same sex attractions. They did not shun them or ridicule them or advocate that any other shun or ridicule them.

The concept is to hate the sin but love the sinner because we are all sinners struggling with our own sin nature.

I find it funny that he is to be tolerant of Gays and their lifestyles, choices and views but is given the same consideration from those very same people. Who are the real bigots and hypocrites

27. Csaba says:

First of all I have not read any of the 4500+ comment, just want to put my own here…

Since when became a crime to promote “normal” “healthy” sexual behavior ? I disagree whit all homosexual’s and do not have my support on any of their fight against discrimination.
    If A&E removes Phil than your gay/lesbian viewers can watch the show because I wont !!

28. mari says:

okay for those who insist that sexual immorality whether it be homosexuality, or premarital sex is not in the Bible…Yes, God does speak about both those as sin in the bible. The problem is that many people may be using the new version of the bible rewritten recently to support homosexuality…It is called the Queens James Bible. Sorry but if you read the King James it is in there (many people here have quoted the scripture and it is as Phil said) and it is in the Catholic Bible and if you have any doubts, go and read it in its original text and language! Does this single out only Homosexuals…No! It singles out all who sin, and it happens to be that Christ spoke very clearly on this subject and left no doubts. We can not change the truth of his words because we don’t like it! The doing of just that is foretold as part of the signs that his return is nearing. We are warned that if we change his words and teaching we will burn in Hell but also a special punishment awaits those who do…they will be plagued with all the plagues of the old testiment! Yes, you can be someone struggling with sexual immorality and God can forgive you. However to have that happen you must do all that you can to change your behavior and abstain from the sin! If you just keep doing it then you are not sincere in your request for forgiveness. So yes you can be gay and be a Christian struggling to change your behavior. If that is the case than you become a gay person who recognizes their actions as sin and struggle to change as do the rest of us sinners. Be real…If you don’t believe in what the scripture says and change it to reflect what you want, then you are not really Christian but an off shoot of an new faith! Then in this country you have the right to create that new faith and practice it! Just don’t say it is Christian because it is not! Every other faith that believes in God but not the words of Christ as written in the Bible has broken away and formed their own religion…If you believe other than the word it is called a fundamental difference and those can’t be justified by making that faith conform to what you want. That is insulting to the true believers. However, sadly we are seeing many in the Christian world bend to world conformity instead of starting their own faith. So that leaves the rest of us
    with our eyes open and easily able to see that as the Bible predicted would happen as his time approaches…we will be persecutted again…we will see those among us bend to world pressure and changing his word to encompass worldliness…the time of false doctrine and false teachers. God Help us all and may his coming be quick!

• boonts says:

As i laugh hysterically at your remarks.

Do you know when the King James, first edition, was released? It was first published in 1611 and has undergone several revisions. According to the Bible, when was Jesus born? See where I’m going with this….You seem like a smart person.

I also think it is comical that you say you’re a Christian, but cannot back up the scriptures that specifically tells Christians to behave as hypocrites. Using a technology platform to cast aspersions and show hatred…how is that Christianity? No wonder people want to keep Christianity out of schools, government, and businesses.

• AhContraire says:

Are homosexual acts really the same as being left handed or right handed?
        Are homosexual acts really the same as having black skin color or white skin color?
        Are homosexual acts really the same as having curly hair or straight hair?

Or, are homosexual acts really the same as being unclean or clean?

And for you who are not males, or think oral activities are OK:
        And for those who think lesbians are least likely to get AIDS, the CDC says that HPV is on the rise from unclean practices.

And for you medical students:

The orifice where #2 objects are expelled has a far thinner skin than the orifice where babies come from. The orifice where babies come from also produces secretions to minimize friction during baby making aka known as love making, which is very unlike the previously mentioned orifice.

That orifice, where #2 objects are expelled from, is meant to have objects pass in one direction only and pass very very infrequently. And certainly not in two directions and certainly not at high speed, nor with high repetitions. Yet if this happens, then that thin skin has a tendency to tear easily, hence, blood to feces contact, which is a medically dangerous contact.

The orifice where #2 objects are expelled was “born that way”, just in case you didn’t know.

• mari says:

Also Boonts…I do not judge them, I do not hold them to any greater standard than myself. I am not perfect. I struggle with loneliness and the desire to give into another form of sexual immorality called lust in the form of premarital sex. However, I strive to resist those temptations because I am Christian and it is a sin. Does that mean that I will never fall, no it does not but it does mean that I have been forgiven and as such I refuse to fall willingly and without a struggle. Having been married and in long term relationships, that is not easy. Thanks to God, he has made me strong for the most part in that area but it is not an easy fight. It is however the right path for a Christian so that they are not a hypocrite! If somebody ask, I am honest! I also would never change God’s word to make it okay for me to sleep around!

• mari says:

Boonts…We will show you who is ignorant of the Bible…I didn’t restate the scriptures because others here already have and Phil did in his interview. Okay you don’t like the king James so I also just reread the NRSV , The new King James, and the revised standard version…It is the same in all of them as is the warning in the last chaper of Revelations about changing one word of the Bible! Go read Romans 1:24-32 and if you find a bible that is NOT the queen James version, let me know so I can go read it myself! I would pay close attention to verse 32 as well, for like Revelations 22:18-19, it is also a warning! We still love everyone but Christians are to speak the truth of Gods word to those who do not know, or those who wish to change his word…To stay silent is to damn them to Hell without a chance and that would be a hateful thing. By speaking the truth but allowing them to disagree is showing Christian love. I have family who are gay. They were raised in the faith and they recognize and acknowledge their actions as being sinful to God accourding to the Bible. Do I still love them? Yes I do! Do I treat them and their partners differently? No, I do not! However, they also know that I wouldn’t support them being married in a church. As long as they do not trample my faith and God’s words, then I respect their right to disagree. If they were married in a civil union, I would go! No…I do not preach constantly to them. They know what we believe and we know where they stand so unless they bring it up, or try to twist God’s words, we let it rest. They know we are concerned for their salvation because we love them. Now please let me know where you found it said something different in those scriptures. I was raised in 3 different denominations and have friends in the ministry. I know my bible and the original text was accurate in its transcription.

29. Rosie Gunter says:

I think it was inappropriate for him to judge others in public, but everyone has a right to their own opinion. Unfortunately, those in the public eye are more impressionable to others and should be more careful about their personal views dealing with such sensitive issues. I am not gay, but I believe it is not a matter of choice. You are born being gay or straight. It’s in your system when you are born. What’s the big deal? It’s no one’s business who is or is not gay and it is especially not anyone’s business if God cares about this. Let God care for his own people the way he sees fit.

• Pilgrim. says:

He didn’t judge them. He quoted from the Bible. To judge someone is to assert what is going on in their heart – which only God knows – but he merely commented according to his religious beliefs and his First Amendment rights – on their behavior!

Why aren’t you asking why it wasn’t appropriate for the interviewer to have asked the question that led to the answer, because right now, American society is on a witch-hunt for anyone who doesn’t accept homosexuality in their lives.

Land of the free? I don’t think so. Now you have become the ‘land of the drones’.

• boonts says:

Secondly, religion and beliefs are up to the individual and/or his/or her maker and serves no purpose being professed to the general public. If you believe in Judgement Day, then you should know that the Bible also does not state that Christians will be judged based on the majority vote of other Christians.

Lastly, we should love all mankind, regardless.

If you feel less deserving than others, then change things in your life: You’re in control of your own destiny.

30. sparky huculiak says:

in regards to the homo issuse we are tired of the tail wagging the dog that these homo bozos want more rights than what us normal prople have

• Claire says:

Yeah, bozo, that’s why they want equal rights!! They’re just as normal as u or me, really we’re all abnormal & there’s a place for everyone except hateful, which God says is the definition of evil, jerks. God’ll send them elsewhere when it’s time Jameslau88. com A loving god doesn’t torture people in hell!

• hugolast says:

Wonderful that you can claim to know all that about the Almighty, Claire.

Just making things up, doesn’t mean they are true.

Just hope you are right, because the alternative is kinda scary.

31. nnn says:

Whats next the gays taking away freedom of speech? Sad day for Americans.. the devil is winning..

32. Those are the “horrible” comments he made? Seems pretty tame….It is sad that we live in a society that doesn’t allow for free speech because people must now fear retribution from the LBGT community

• Claire says:

Did u read the whole quote? Where do u see no free speech, u’re trying to squelch it for LGBTs, most of what u’re saying is basically libel/slander & that shouldn’t be protected under free speech! Gaychristian. net Get out in the real world, there are many great LGBT people.

33. Naomi Moore says:

I am with Phil Roberts on this one read Romans: 1- 26-28 thank you Phil for standing up for Gods word as for A&E me and my family will not be watching your broadcast until you do the right thing he has a right to his opinion and a right to stand up for gods word in America we are supposed to have a freedom of speech and free to worship God. If we don’t then a lot of MEN and WOMEN gave their lives needlessly .

• Claire says:

Romans is about idolatry, Matthewvines/YouTube, Gaychristian. net a&e did something wrong? Johnyy’s comment summed that acussation up well. We have freedom of speech & worship(most believe Christianity), I don’t know where u come up with these things! Y MEN, WOMEN, capitalized?

34. Jean Hooker says:

I support Phil Robertson and will not watch A and E because of their restriction of free speech.

35. FELICIA says:

this is crap, I am friends w many Lgbt ppl and they are just like evryone else good and bad BUT i am also a christian we should love our nabor even if they might be wrong! Personally i dont belive ppl in that community are going to hell bc of it. This man is a great man and is what this country was founded on and yes I belive that ALOT of ppl exspecially bi sexual ppl are ont doing now b/c its acceptable which gives the ones that are born that way a bad wrap. I could go on for ever but this is BS! If a gay guy went off about ppl that are straight being nasty no one would say ANYTHING!

• Claire says:

Idk about some only doing it because its acceptable, wouldn’t it gross u out a little? But yeah, good comment & u might wanna check out gaychristian. net & Christianthinktank. com $64,000 question, the last one to learn that hell isn’t/couldn’t be a torture chamber & those there wanna be, just in case u didn’t know.

36. Rita Wilson says:

This is so sick… Phill was just quoting what GOD said ,I sure wish more Americans would do the same…

37. J. Arnold Schuetz says:

If you believe that a man doesn’t have the right to quote the bible as his beliefs then
    you show that you have no beliefs at all. If it is more important to have gay rights and
    no Christian rights then I hope that your most successful tv show cancels on you and moves to
    a channel that is not so warped.WHAT IS HAPPENING IN THIS COUNTRY THAT 1 PERCENT OF THE POPULATION CAN DICTAT TO THE 99 PERCENT OF US. I admot I have always liked A and E
    but you have just lost my support.
    Grow up… Arnie Schuetz

38. Daniel Dann says:

If you take a man off a show because of answering a question as to his beliefs of a interviewer,you are saying to all others that we can’t express our beliefs either and we all seem to have them.If we are so afraid to upset the Gay community,what about comments about a regular christian,that happens and Christians don’t get all upset,they just accept others beliefs.

• Claire says:

U know a lot of Christians, such as me, accept gays?

• No it isn’t Daniel. Duck still has freedom of speech from the Government, but he can still get fired from his employer. A&E had a contract with Duck. Duck broke it, and now he’s fired. It’s unfortunate for you, isn’t it, that A&E supports gay rights?

39. Andy says:

If A&E wants to suspend a major cast member from a show that brought A&E from nothing to something, then they should be ready to fall back off the cliff. They know his opinion and know he and the family won’t back down. This is an ill-conceived move by the network to satisfy a special interest group that is as intolerant as they claim Phil is. Please support the Robertson’s and let A&E know that they cannot discriminate someone for their beliefs and get away with it.

40. FAZ says:

Only one thing to do,If A&E says ” His (Phil Robertson) personal views in no way reflect those of A+E Networks, who have always been strong supporters and champions of the LGBT community.” Fine then let’s let A&E have all the LGBT viewers they can gather. As for us Heterosexuals….stop watching A&E. This is where we make our stand. We need to start somewhere and if A&E wants to be our starting point fine. For all interested and if you have the guts stop watching everything on TV that has anything to do with gay relations. I already do and hope you’ll join me and make a stand. I’m tired of having everything gay shoved down my Throat (no pun intended).

anything

41. J says:

The Gaystapo strikes again. Tolerance for thee but not for me.

42. Debbie says:

Duck Dynasty is the best show on A and E I am going out and buying all Duck Dynasty this weekend to show my support. The show is so popular because of the Christian values why should Phil be banned because he supports the bibles teachings.

43. steve bogart says:

I feel sorry for the people who do not belive in jesus .he is the Christ . he is Gods son he has shown us right from wrong . sin is sin and any sex out side of one man and one women in a marriage is a sin in the eyes of GOD. just here him GOD hates the sin but he loves the sinner.

• Claire says:

Why do u feel sorry for them? It doesn’t make them bad people, Jesus obviously still loves them, Christianthinktank. com $64,000 question criterion one & What about those who have never heard the gospel? The whole premarital sex thing is never mentioned in the bible either, it depends on the person & what’s best for him.

44. marci says:

Screw you A&E

45. bradley says:

You are uneducated, a bigot, and a liar. I am a gay man and all I want is the same as all others I want a husband and a family, this is the same thing that happen with interracial couples, people are being bigoted simply because they are different and I personally do not see the need for all this hate why can’t we just love each other and let life move on.and I agree child molesters should be totally castrated all of them gay and straight molesters its a moral and its overall wrong there is no right to it but I don’t see how you can classify all gays as such there are plenty of straight pedophiles too. all I want as a gay man is to be happy

• mark says:

This is stupid. People can believe what they want. You don’t see Christians go around crucify Everyone that isn’t a believer. Gays.. Go live your life and quit starting drama and pretending everything is against you. You make more drama than blacks throwing the racism card out there. People who day they don’t believe in gay doesn’t mean they wanna prosecute you.

• Claire says:

It’s exactly like racism! The bible doesn’t actually mention homosexuality Matthewvines/YouTube. com The reason those others never whine is because they are truly evil & love it.

• kkhh says:

Bradley – don’t equate this with race discrimination. It’s not on the same level. Robertson didn’t state he hated homosexuals – he didn’t state that he wished them any ill will — he stated his belief that homosexuality is one of the sins mentioned in the bible, and it is. Where’s the outcry from adulterers, idolators, the greedy, drunks, swindlers or slanderers? They were mentioned too. What about Robertson’s freedom of speech? Hopefully, another network will offer the family a nice fat deal and A & E will get what they deserve.

46. Mike says:

If he,s gone I’m gone he has the right to his opinion as do I and everyone else. If you don’t want to hear the answer don’t ask the question

47. Kimmie says:

Firstly, let me state who I am, where I come from. I’m a pagan, 30 years old and straight, but I have homosexual friends and family members. I have never had a problem with peoples sexuality, no matter what it is. I though, as a non christian and gay rights supporter, feel it is a persons right to be able to have an opinion and express it.

48. George says:

Duck Dynasty is the number 1 show that is making A&E money; maybe it is time for Duck Dynasty to move to a network that is not afraid of the LEFT wing. The LEFT’s agenda is the same as the communist party, to remove GOD and anything that as to do with GOD from our wonderful nation, that our GOD fearing founding fathers made. I support the Robinson family and their right to freedom of speech which the LEFT wants to control with it comes to mentioning GOD, Jesus Christ, (unless it is a curse word) and anything that is said about the LEFT (GAY/Homosexual) wing.

49. Mark says:

What an oversensitive world we live in! Shit like this pisses me off!