CW Greenlights ‘Vampire Diaries’ Spinoff

'Vampire Diaries' Spinoff: CW Greenlights 'The

Network renews 'Beauty and the Beast,' 'Hart of Dixie'

The Vampire Diariesspinoff “The Originals” has been ordered to series by the CW, which also renewed “Beauty and the Beast” and “Hart of Dixie.”

The backdoor pilot of “The Originals” aired Thursday on the CW and drew 2.2 million viewers, according to preliminary nationals from Nielsen.

“As soon as we saw last night’s episode of ‘The Vampire Diaries,’ we knew we wanted more of ‘The Originals,'” CW prexy Mark Pedowitz said. “Julie Plec and Kevin Williamson have done a fantastic job with ‘The Vampire Diaries,’ which is as fast-paced and well-written as ever, and Julie has created an equally compelling world for ‘The Originals.’”

Previously, the CW had already renewed “Vampire Diaries,” “Arrow” and “Supernatural” for 2013-14. “Vampire,” “Hart” and “Beauty” each enjoy increases of at least 40% in live+7 viewing vs. same-day viewing among adults 18-34. “Hart of Dixie” increases 61% in live+7 with women 18-34.

Among those still waiting to hear their fate from the CW are “The Carrie Diaries” and “Nikita.”

1. Ruth says:

I am going to enjoy the originals. Love the writing on both vampire diaries and supernatural the CW. Has become my fav chanel

2. Jules says:

VERY HAPPY about this!!! I am looking forward to some proper vampire action particularly with such great actors as Joseph Morgan and Daniel Gilles. The Originals stole my interest in TVD along time ago as the ‘love triangle’ is tedious to say the least. What we need is great storylines with all the twists and turns TVD has lost. I would love to know whether this will also be a 22 episode series and am wishing my summer away in anticipation of the Originals hitting town!

3. penny says:

That was bloody awful! What a terribly written pilot! Although I am sick of the evil Elena storyline, this was just ridiculous. Klaus needs to bite Marcel and go back to Mystic Falls!

4. KR says:

I am glad The Originals got the green light. I’m sick of the Elena drama, Elena is one of my least favorite characters on TVD. I think this will be great to see vampires who like being vampires instead of whining over being immortal and all this teen drama. Vampires are supposed to like being vampires not worry about getting a date to porm.

5. JM says:

The Original Series are trying to rip Twilights storyline. Not a big fan of that series either. Sucks that the writers can’t find something more Original to come up with.

6. Judy Smith says:

I Love THE VAMPIRE DIARIES, Nikita,, And THE Carrie Diaries!
    Amnd my other favorite shows are grimm and touch

7. THE ONLY BEAUTY AND THE BEAST FOR ME IS CALLED , ` LA BELLE ET LE BETE` by JEAN COCTEAU .